IGNORED

How good is Alex Scott….at press interviews!

Davefevs

In fairness, I'm impressed with how our young academy players come across in interviews and press conferences.

Not,  sure whether they get media trading and/or it's down to the calibre of individual we recruit into the academy, but they are poles apart from the mumbling and often inarticulate players we still see in front of f microphones at other clubs.

P.S. I never cease to be amazed at the number of foreign players, for whom English is a second language, that are far more coherent than their home grown counterparts - especially among TV pundits!

Seems a natural at it.

In contrast many years ago I watched one of those blooper programs on TV.

A player and his captain were being interviewed post match. The player had scored a goal or 2 and was MoM, ready to receive his bottle of bubbly from his skipper, the usual thing.

The interviewer gave him some praise. The player gave a PR answer, something like 'it's a team game, the gaffer made some changes at HT, the important thing is we got 3 points to push us up the table'.

Cue much laughter from captain and TV guy - he had forgotten it was a cup game!!

I have tried to find this clip on the web a few times and failed, hope to find it one day.