IGNORED

Man City programme

Jerseybean

27 minutes ago, OliOTIB said:

Do they still sell regular programmes? Used to be an avid collector but since COVID thought they were disbanded?

No they don't sell them outside the ground anymore but they do still put a programme together for every game and distribute it digitally for free.

e.g. here's the one for Wigan tonight which was made available this afternoon - https://robinstv.bcfc.co.uk/digital-matchday-programme/

Edited by BCFC101

They'll bring programmes back full-time if we ever get to the Premier League. Stopped getting them when they went past £2 years ago though. Everything is already online now so don't feel like I'm learning much from a programme like I did when I was a kid.

Bit 'tin pot' for a FA Cup fifth round tie though... Cash grab.

Edited by TBW

32 minutes ago, archie andrews said:

A colleague of mine asked will there be half and half scarves too? 

Can I just ask, I have seen these scarves but have never, ever actually understood what they are for. I don't get the point.

If someone could enlighten me please, thanks. I won't assume that because you might know that you have ever bought one. Thanks.

7 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

Can I just ask, I have seen these scarves but have never, ever actually understood what they are for. I don't get the point.

If someone could enlighten me please, thanks. I won't assume that because you might know that you have ever bought one. Thanks.

Day trippers and children.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

I think the idea is that they are a souvenir to say you were at that match. Or it’s all complete bo@@&£%s. Your choice ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grey Fox said:

I think the idea is that they are a souvenir to say you were at that match. Or it’s all complete bo@@&£%s. Your choice ?

Thanks. I will go with the latter!!

I think it would serve a small purpose if it was your local amateur club that made it through to play a Prem team in the FA Cup. At the level we are at we should welcome the match but aspire to winning it. No time to be in awe of Man City in my mind.

Anyway, maybe there will be no scarves so could be I am getting on my high horse only to climb straight off again!

• Admin
18 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

I severely doubt the club itself will sell half and half scarves, but you can bet your mortgage on the fact that they'll be plenty of unauthorised sellers outside the ground selling them.

I would bet money that they will be out and about selling them already tonight

2 hours ago, Percy Pig said:

Not seen our accounts then?

Not sure how that's relevant...

My point is, "Ohhh Man City are coming to town so we better do programmes again for an extra couple of k"... it's the fifth round of the FA Cup. Have some respect for yourself and stop rolling out the red carpet.

1 hour ago, TonyTonyTony said:

I dont blame them for trying to make as much money as possible. Some fans are weird

How many do you think they're going to sell exactly?...

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, TBW said:

My point is, "Ohhh Man City are coming to town so we better do programmes again for an extra couple of k"... it's the fifth round of the FA Cup. Have some respect for yourself and stop rolling out the red carpet.

How many do you think they're going to sell exactly?...

How many will they sell? Dunno - a few thousand. Raise an extra few quid for the coffers

Its not obligatory to buy one you know. Its not about "rolling out the red carpet" - its maximizing revenue for the club. I have no problem with this as long as they don't take the piss. A fiver for a programme is fine i reckon.

In this day and age, you aren't going to get anymore information from a programme, because it's all on the net.

Unless it's an exclusive interview, photo, info that hasn't been shared before.

Programmes these days, are imo, are a momento of an occasion. In the same way you'd by a souvenir from a holiday and such like.

It's nice to have a physical item to flick through in years to come, to bring back memories. In the same way as a Vinyl LP cover and insert with lyrics/ photos are. Now very popular again.

I've still kept my programmes from Man Utd and Man City from a couple years back. I still thumb through them when I stumble on them. Memories flood back. 

If their were ' exclusive' interviews etc, then I think they would sell well and be kept. Get them signed, as I did with the aforementioned, even better.