IGNORED

Sunderland away match thread

4 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

We look extremely disjointed since the subs. We need to find some structure.

Since the goal we've looked bad in midfield, just not getting a hold of the ball and moving it around or applying pressure in the midfield area correctly. Sunderland on the other hand have found their confidence and are just growing in more and more where we are just looking to get the ball and counter as fast as possible, problem is our passing out has gone drastically downhill and we're just giving it back to them.

Edited by Spike
3 minutes ago, Spike said:

Since the goal we've looked bad in midfield, just not getting a hold of the ball and moving it around or applying pressure in the midfield area correctly. Sunderland on the other hand have found their confidence and are just growing in more and more where we are just looking to get the ball and counter as fast as possible, problem is our passing out has gone drastically downhill and we're just giving it back to them.

What I don’t think is helping is Weimann and Cornick are covering every blade of grass on the pitch. The work rate is admirable but it leaves us without a striker and isolates Wells. I wish they would calm down and hold their positions a bit more.

Edited by LondonBristolian

Referee bowed to pressure there. This midfield looks tired, Williams is struggling to run when he needs to James has run himself into the ground trying to make something happen and despite so many attackers we can't craft a solid chance other than keeping on crossing and hoping, we need some of that intricate passing in the final third.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

What I don’t think is helping is Weimann and Conock are covering every blade of grass on the pitch. The work rate is admirable but it leaves us without a striker and isolates Wells. I wish they would calm down and hold their positions a bit more.

The best players find more space and time by standing still sometimes