IGNORED

Mason Gone

maxjak

17 hours ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

The way football is going there will be nobody wanting to be a referee very soon. Far too much scrutiny of every decision. VAR has made it even worse. Bin it before the game dies.

Agreed,, these guys dont do it for money, but a billion pound industry would stop dead if it wasnt for them.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Robbored said:

There are different opinions on that. Listening to TalkSport earlier this week the VaR debate was between Murphy, White and Jordon who pointed out that VaR has increased the accuracy of the game. The counter argument was that it takes too much time to confirm or deny a goal or penalty and reduced the spontaneity of celebration of a goal.

This discussion was after the Brentford/Arsenal fiasco caused by human error since when Mason has been essentially sacked.

However - the bottom line is that VaR is here to stay.

Var or no var.

football still has many situations where decisions are subjective  to different humans.

id be more inclined to see more respect for officials instead of petulant reactions from players and coaches 

19 hours ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

The way football is going there will be nobody wanting to be a referee very soon. Far too much scrutiny of every decision. VAR has made it even worse. Bin it before the game dies.

Referees are quitting in their droves, due to abuse, attacks, lack of respect etc. Leagues are struggling to operate without enough referees coming through.

But, the good news is, we have millions of armchair referees who know far more than anyone!. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Referees are quitting in their droves, due to abuse, attacks, lack of respect etc. Leagues are struggling to operate without enough referees coming through.

But, the good news is, we have millions of armchair referees who know far more than anyone!. 

I saw a story yesterday where body-worn cameras are to be trialled for refs at grass roots level. It`s sad it`s come to that but if it helps solve the problem I`m all for it.

4 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I saw a story yesterday where body-worn cameras are to be trialled for refs at grass roots level. It`s sad it`s come to that but if it helps solve the problem I`m all for it.

Yes they are, they are being trialled in the Yorkshire area as of the next couple of weeks i think.

It is sad that it’s come to this, but hopefully it will make players think twice before their actions go over the top. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Yes they are, they are being trialled in the Yorkshire area as of the next couple of weeks i think.

It is sad that it’s come to this, but hopefully it will make players think twice before their actions go over the top. 

North Riding is the area they are being trialled.