IGNORED

Nige pre Hull

HappyClapper

A good listen, measured and sensible response to measured and sensible questions.

As already said 11M for Semenyo, and he doesn’t know which player is being put up for the presser, which surprised me, but he clearly trusts whoever makes that decision (or doesn’t care).

I think the unbeaten run and the clear on field progress has benefitted everyone including Nige.

33 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

or at least not being as supportive to the overall squad needs.

But he did also give the example about disruptive children in a classroom...

I posted before about Martin and Bentley. It's no surprise to me that we now seem more together now that they are no longer here. 

I think it was quite telling what Nige said about the investment of letting players leave...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I posted before about Martin and Bentley. It's no surprise to me that we now seem more together now that they are no longer here. 

I think it was quite telling what Nige said about the investment of letting players leave...

He did indeed.

You did, remember that…I’d also heard that Klose didn’t want to go out on loan.

Yep, he’s done well to move on players, not easy in this climate…and he’s happy to suck up the risks of a small squad.

Cornick’s interview today is a good listen too.

28 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Yep if Nige wanted to shut down speculation, that's a strange example to give!

3 hours ago, Crackers Corner said:

I agree it was a big improvement, some of the interview questions of late remind me Alan Partridge interviewing Frances 2nd best racing driver -

I should have liked to have given you both a ‘Laugh’ and a ‘Thank You’, as I have never heard this before - I found it very amusing.

Unfortunately, I am limited to one ‘Emoji’, so give you my thanks here.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

It always surprised me to hear Martin named as 'biggest moaner' and the like in club social media videos. I don't think he's necessarily the model pro many think/thought he was.

I think he was pretty unhappy to be excluded from the squad after his efforts last season & so behaved accordingly.

Was best for all parties that he moved on.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

It always surprised me to hear Martin named as 'biggest moaner' and the like in club social media videos. I don't think he's necessarily the model pro many think/thought he was.

Threw his toys out at Derby, didn’t he? I’m sure it ended badly in one of his loans from Derby also. 

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Player wants to play

Players doesn’t get picked to play

Player feels a bit miffed

= Chris Martin

Whether he’s a model pro or not, human nature comes into it.  It’s not really a surprise, least of all for Martin who has said he wants to keep playing.

I think the disruption of miffed player must have been pretty significant for Nige to have mentioned several times since January that moving players on has been a big plus. Reading between the lines, I think Nige had to put a case forward for the financial settlement and he is now publicly tipping his hat to the money men.

I would also suggest that not all miffed players behave the same. Human nature will broadly apply, but we're all different humans.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, mozo said:

I think the disruption of miffed player must have been pretty significant for Nige to have mentioned several times since January that moving players on has been a big plus. Reading between the lines, I think Nige had to put a case forward for the financial settlement and he is now publicly tipping his hat to the money men.

I would also suggest that not all miffed players behave the same. Human nature will broadly apply, but we're all different humans.

Agree, everyone is different, point I was making (badly ?) is that Martin is a player who still wants to play, so not a huge surprise that he’s unhappy not to be included.  Unlike someone like Andy King, who’s not playing either, but has different expectations.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Agree, everyone is different, point I was making (badly ?) is that Martin is a player who still wants to play, so not a huge surprise that he’s unhappy not to be included.  Unlike someone like Andy King, who’s not playing either, but has different expectations.

Oh, was your point more that Martin is only human and therefore being a bit huffy and distracting behind the scenes doesn't make him a bad person or even necessarily a bad professional? 

7 minutes ago, mozo said:

Oh, was your point more that Martin is only human and therefore being a bit huffy and distracting behind the scenes doesn't make him a bad person or even necessarily a bad professional? 

No….that a set of circumstances versus expectations can lead to disenfranchisement. ??‍♂️

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

No….that a set of circumstances versus expectations can lead to disenfranchisement.

Plus he was told that there was no new contract and the extension was not going to be taken up.  He may well have turned down a better offer on a one year contract on the assumption that he would get 2 years at Ashton Gate.

I can easily see how minor irritations start to cause issues in circumstances like this.  One of the main reasons employers put those leaving on 'gardening leave' to stop the inevitable disruption.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nige did say that martin was a long way off a first team place ( rightly so this season he wasn’t a patch of what he offered last year where to be fair he was decent on more than a few occasions ) did he not also say the Bentley was never gonna sign a contract , hence introducing Max and sticking to him even after a couple of wobbles .

• Like 1

Just now, redkev said:

Nige did say that martin was a long way off a first team place ( rightly so this season he wasn’t a patch of what he offered last year where to be fair he was decent on more than a few occasions ) did he not also say the Bentley was never gonna sign a contract , hence introducing Max and sticking to him even after a couple of wobbles .

He said bentley was told he wasn’t going to be offered a contract .