IGNORED

O'Neills - New Kit Supplier (Confirmed)

4 minutes ago, Shuffle said:

Apparently we were talking to Castore as the new provider but they would only produce template kit whilst O,Neil’s would allow bespoke designs.   No fan of this kit as others have said, the badge is horrendous.  

Thank god we didn’t go with them.  Think I’d even rather O’Neills over Castore. The Sketchers of football shirts !  

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Shuffle said:

Apparently we were talking to Castore as the new provider but they would only produce template kit whilst O,Neil’s would allow bespoke designs.   No fan of this kit as others have said, the badge is horrendous.  

Would have much preferred Castore to be honest.

• Like 1

Just now, Harry R said:

Afc Wimbledon have just announced a deal with Umbro, including a commitment to bespoke kits. Weird that City didn't go for that option, especially as they already work with the rugby club.

I can only imagine we ended up with a better deal financially with O'Neills. We are their most high profile offering in the game and are possibly seeing it as a foot in the door/audition to other clubs as to what they can offer.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Harry R said:

Afc Wimbledon have just announced a deal with Umbro, including a commitment to bespoke kits. Weird that City didn't go for that option, especially as they already work with the rugby club.

This is the one I dont understand. Produce really good designs for Bris so would seem a no brainer.   Evidently not.   

8 minutes ago, Shuffle said:

Don’t have an opinion either way on the kit & you could argue it replicates the Forest away cup semi final kit, but the badge is really embarrassing.

Seen the coaching staff wear it on their t-shirts & it just looks awful.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dredd said:

Following the administration of hummel’s UK licensee – Elite Sports Group - the club has acted swiftly and with great consideration to find a kit partner that provides a smooth supply chain, allows for continued collaboration on innovative kit design and aligns with the values of Bristol City.

Lets JL design the kits I reckon

Yeah, my point was the shirt makers are just producing what they have been told to, not their fault as such

14 minutes ago, Shuffle said:

I don't understand the club's obsession with designing "original" or "nostalgic" kits & training wear, it's not like there particularly good at it.  Almost seems like they do it for the sake of it.

Surely the club would sell far more City-branded Castore kits that are on-trend in cut & finish than some hokey Gaelic football brand designed by Jon Lansdown - just goes to show money can't buy taste. Castore arent stupid & wouldn't let him loose on the design process.

I get the impression that Hummel had a fair bit of input into the design process to keep it from going too far off track as it had its brand on there, whereas this feels like it could have been created in a bad episode of the apprentice.

Edited by Jeez
typo
  • Like 2
  • Flames 1

14 minutes ago, lenred said:

Thank god we didn’t go with them.  Think I’d even rather O’Neills over Castore. The Sketchers of football shirts !  

Really?  I think the Castore kits look great, really good quality as well, plus the leisure and training wear is good.  Interestingly Sketchers is a HUGE brand in the US, not seen as a small cheap brand like here at all, 3rd biggest trainer brand

Edited by Tinmans Love Child

13 minutes ago, Harry R said:

Spot on. People moan about template kits… I’d much rather stick a (proper) City badge on this than the cheap looking rubbish that’s been served up. 

9844E710-3761-4066-8D9E-F27AFC8CE597.png

• Flames 2

The badge thing is ridiculous IMO.

Being a football fan is largely about identity and tribalism. Assuming we wear it before the end of the season, it'll be the fourth different badge we've had on our shirts in the space of four years - and that's not including changing the colour of them on the various away kits. How do you identify with something that's constantly changing?!

It's a branding disaster. And it doesn't help that it looks shit and sits on a tinpot supplier, either.

Edited by The Journalist
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I know that commentary off by heart!

”And the ball breaks and it’s a fine shot and it’s in…the youngster, Mardon has given Bristol City the lead”

Not sure if I mentioned before but my sister was mascot for this game. She borrowed my yellow shirt (boo). Big Joe didn’t want her in the changing room so when Cloughie saw her in the corridor he insisted she come in the forest room and introduced her to the team. My parents had a brilliant photo of her and the Forest mascot on Cloughies lap.

On topic - nice apart from the badge! 

Absolutely a belter of a day / night , seeing that corner of the terrace absolutely rammed with city gives me a tingle , that looked a decent enough following but we also had the whole bottom tier right up to the Trent end . 
went on a coach from our local was in a forest pub with many other city + forest ( no away fan friendly pubs back then ) you went where you wanted and either paid the consequences or took over the pub , Liverpool was also very similar I can remember a scoucer  walking in a saying wtf this is meant to be a Liverpool pub , my mate said it is but it’s full of Bristolians now xxxx xxx. 

Edited by redkev
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:

Genuinely the worst kit since the kit that never was! 

Colour, badge, design is so poor. How have we gone from hummels quality to that? ?

I take it this is the one you mean? O'Neills the new TFG?

3FD62ABA-C084-4EE3-92E5-E2999481790E.jpeg.219e3468e3bc32bfa2c88e539c6d54c2.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

30 minutes ago, lenred said:

Hmm i disagree, i think some of the new Castore kits look decent and the quality is definitely good from the kits I’ve seen of theirs in the flesh..

They sponsor Villa, Wolves, Newcastle and Rangers in the Uk and also supply the kit for Bayer leverkusen, Sevilla, Athletic Bilbao and are apparently close to signing a deal with Hamburg to supply kit for them. Also sponsors the England cricket team and Mclaren and Red Bull F1 teams.

They are clearly a very ambitious brand and sponsor some big football clubs and other sports teams. Hardly the ‘sketchers’ of football shirts but each to their own like..

Edited by Bris Red

1 minute ago, Mr X said:

I take it this is the one you mean? O'Neills the new TFG?

3FD62ABA-C084-4EE3-92E5-E2999481790E.jpeg.219e3468e3bc32bfa2c88e539c6d54c2.jpeg

Strangely enough, the korma kit I compared the "new" kit to earlier was from the same season as this IIRC. 

I think we may have gone to Puma the season after that set of kits, as I can't remember many more of the TFG offerings after that.... Happy to be corrected though, as I've just remembered about a white TFG shirt and I can't place where it goes in the timeline!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mendip City said:

Spot on. People moan about template kits… I’d much rather stick a (proper) City badge on this than the cheap looking rubbish that’s been served up. 

9844E710-3761-4066-8D9E-F27AFC8CE597.png

One of those ^ sew on one of these

https://embroideres.com/bristol-city-fc-logo-embroidery-design-12592

Proper(ish) retro shirt, under 30 quid.

Sorry but they’re still doing nothing to convince me this isn’t a massive step backwards from Hummel in terms of quality. The utterly uninspiring design, the fit, the washed-out colour, the horrendous badge…TFG vibes for me.

….compared to the Hummel Robin top…good grief.

And yes I know Hummel let us down…but that doesn’t change the fact that everything looks cheap by comparison.

Based on what I’ve seen, I wish we’d done what Coventry did and resolved the supply issue with Hummel.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

I know that commentary off by heart!

”And the ball breaks and it’s a fine shot and it’s in…the youngster, Mardon has given Bristol City the lead”

Not sure if I mentioned before but my sister was mascot for this game. She borrowed my yellow shirt (boo). Big Joe didn’t want her in the changing room so when Cloughie saw her in the corridor he insisted she come in the forest room and introduced her to the team. My parents had a brilliant photo of her and the Forest mascot on Cloughies lap.

On topic - nice apart from the badge! 

Paul Mardon was my school year, played against loads of times versus Merrywood or Fair Furlong.  He was always a striker at age group.  Had a decent career.

Nice touch by Cloughie.

Think my jeans are still drying out from the 2nd leg!

Just now, Kid in the Riot said:

Dreadful kit.

But more annoying is the fact the club have decided to change the front of shirt club badge with zero fan consultation. Thought we'd got past the club taking the piss like this. I can't imagine this would have happened under Richard Gould.

Ironically, the new football governance bill would likely prevent the club doing something like this, unless it had carried out a proper consultation with fans. 

The switch to Hummel felt like a step up in terms of the professionalism of the whole club. No more dicking about with Sans Serif fonts, hashtags and own-brand gear of dubious quality. This feels like the reverse.

• Like 13

17 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Dreadful kit.

But more annoying is the fact the club have decided to change the front of shirt club badge with zero fan consultation. Thought we'd got past the club taking the piss like this. I can't imagine this would have happened under Richard Gould.

Ironically, the new football governance bill would likely prevent the club doing something like this, unless it had carried out a proper consultation with fans. 

Interesting point. I'd love to know the logic behind the sanctioning of the badge move - because the official badge is still technically on the shirt albeit it's been moved to the back of the shirt.

I'm not sure the new Regulator would prevent this. We don't know what the final rules will say, but in existing draft and example items that I've written and seen written, we've kind of approached it from a "don't change the official badge/crest", but it's always been under an assumption that the official badge/crest is what is then used uniformly across all media/kits/anywhere else that the club wants to use it's 'logo'.

Your post has given me some food for thought. Friday I'm meeting some people to discuss the regulator/Governance and so I'll mention it from this angle.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, Shuffle said:

I have the England cricket ODI top from Castore and the quality and design is really good.

Castore have built up a decent stable of big clubs. Struggling to imagine they wouldn’t have come up with something better than this.

• Like 2