IGNORED

O'Neills - New Kit Supplier (Confirmed)

10 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

What a ridiculous thing to say.

The shop should be run by the best person for the job.

I'm a Bristol born City fan, and I'd no doubt be absolutely useless running the shop, but by your criteria I'm much better suited than a lady from 'Southern Ireland' :doh:

Hmm, I think you’re being a little harsh on me here and sensationalising what I said a little. Admittedly I worded myself poorly.

We will never be party to Bristol Sport’s recruitment processes, and so I can only take it at face value that the incumbent store manager is the individual best qualified for the role.

However it is also fair to say that the shop itself has come under criticism in recent years and so you wonder how much of this can be influenced by the manager. For example, the layout and distribution of items/lines. The lack of appropriate merchandise, such as bobble hats and festive jumpers, relative to the time of year also springs to mind.

Rightly or wrongly, I was perhaps pining (rather nostalgically) for the days of Beryl Fudge’s shop, where you knew that it was run by someone genuinely invested in the club and the fans. 

Though, as per my original post, I acknowledge many of these decisions may be made at a higher level than the store manager (JL??) so it may not be her responsibility directly. This is however a forum, and an area for debate.

• Haha 1

@phantom Based on the news today, please don't ask my question to the club, please use the time to ask a question from another supporter.

The question is now a moot point, because after this weekend's appalling decision I won't be buying anything else from the club for a very long time to come.

I strongly urge (& hope) others to do the same.

• Admin
Just now, kmpowell said:

@phantom Based on the news today, please don't ask my question to the club, please use the time to ask a question from another supporter.

The question is now a moot point, because after this weekend's appalling decision I won't be buying anything else from the club for a very long time to come.

I strongly urge (& hope) others to do the same.

Hi, kind of you to say but don't worry we've submitted a very thorough agenda of items to discuss and we'll be pushing for everything to be addressed 

• Admin
25 minutes ago, Full nelson said:

One thing our club would never do or be able to achieve. 

£488 worth of Rangers merchandise for £197!! That's a black Friday offer one couldn't refuse. 

I'd question who would have been willing to pay £488 in the first place 

I could go Algarve for that