IGNORED

O'Neills - New Kit Supplier (Confirmed)

5 minutes ago, Slack said:

Tbf the Hummel shirts used to fade/fall apart pretty quick, may look good on first wear but one of my shirts now says "Humm" instead of "Hummel"

Where as by looks of it O'Neils may not have that issue 

Fair point. I guess the only way you are going to lose lettering on an O'Neills shirt is if you rip a hole in it as its printed directly onto the material, which in my opinion is what makes it look cheap/fake. 

46 minutes ago, RedM said:

Fair point. I guess the only way you are going to lose lettering on an O'Neills shirt is if you rip a hole in it as its printed directly onto the material, which in my opinion is what makes it look cheap/fake. 

I'd rather a shirt that stands the test of time, so I can dig out the promotion shirt in 50 years and it still look quality ?

6 minutes ago, James54De said:

Why is that poor quality? That is, in fact, how players shirts are up and down the country. 

No it isn't. I have never seen a shirt that was just printed straight onto the material. There is always some embossing, embroidery or rubberised lettering stuck on. We have had flock (suede like material) and plastic shiny detailing in the past. We have had flag detailing, holographic detailing etc. All these are extra security details making it hard to replicate so harder to fake. We now have a shirt so easy to copy that the club must to losing money, but that's down to them.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Apart the the collar issues which seemed to just be a poor batch I've not seen any complaints about the actual quality. Seems fine to me. 

You're quick to defend Coventrys issues as just supply issues, a quick look on social media would show you that many are also complaining about the quality, yet you're not giving O'Neills the same courtesy and that has to be due to brand snobbery.

The socks, the look of the training wear, the splat is down to US, not O'Neills. The actual quality is fine. That's why I'm defending O'Neills because I feel they are getting lots of criticism when that criticism should instead be given to JL, because the branding (which your complaints are about) is down to his poor choices.

“I’ve not seen any complaints about the actual quality”. Sorry, what?!!! Laughable.

As for “you’re not giving Oneill the same courtesy as Hummel” - that’s because I’m not a Coventry fan, and my opinion is based on my own experience - which is that Hummel produced great quality gear that was broadly very popular with the fanbase, and Oneill have produced crap which isn’t. Literally nothing to do with brand snobbery.

22 minutes ago, Ecko said:

Just seen it in flesh...the photographer has played a blinder. 

Do expand!

• Like 1

Credit where it’s due. 1st 2 shirts are naff but..

Picked up new away shirt today for the lad, (young teen) he absolutely loves it.

Have to say it does look decent, quality wise it seems alright TBF, time will tell but 1st impressions are good.

O’neill’s brand while not glamorous is growing on us, the stadium branding looked cool on the boards today.

On 15/09/2023 at 10:18, W-S-M Seagull said:

What has O'Neills ever done to you? 

Your post is all over the place. You say it's a very nice kit, but then go on to criticise O'Neills for stock being low without any consideration of why that may be. You went to great lengths to defend Hummel in your post...but have not given O'Neills the same level of considering. 

My post is all over the place? I'm giving them credit when credit is due and criticism the same.

Have they made their first decent kit? Yes, have the others been a mess, yes.

Believe it or not, for a kit, the turn around for our away kit is still extremely fast. I think O'Neills should be given huge credit for releasing so many shirts for us and the Bears in a very very very short timeframe. That must be pretty unprecedented within the industry. 

The deal the club made is on the club but hiring O'Neills to do us and the bears is bad decision making if they can't handle it, being as we've got the away kit last of all EFL teams and it's run out of stock in certain sizes within hours of being released it deserves criticism. Am I saying it's only O'Neills fault? No, but if O'Neills can't deliver then they shouldn't be accepting the contract in the first place. I know the Bears come under the same Umbrella as us but I couldn't give a toss about the Bears, I don't support them and whilst they may be owned by the same people they mean nothing to me. 

Was it a tough ask, yes, but they've had a batch of messed up home kits, no away kit until mid-september and one of the worst away kits in history. Now, for your peace of mind, yes whoever in City made the decision on the splash Robin is responsible for making the third kit so much worse than it would have been with our badge but this is where a brand has to step in and say "Why are we using this badge instead of the club badge?" and when whoever suggested it gives their reasons you simply protect your own product by saying "I'd rather not put O'Neills on this if this isn't something the fans want". Making a kit is not just a case of make what your employers ask for because your company's name goes on the product. City may be responsible for many of the poor decisions but ultimately O'Neills have a voice as it's their product they're putting out. 

I've said many times before I've worked in kit design and one of the first things I learned was don't put your name on a product you don't have confidence in. Hummel made a mistake with the "Arsenal kit" IMO but when it came to this clubs identity they got almost everything else spot on. When O'Neills took us on they should have done their research on the club, it's history, what direction they are going on social media, the lot and more than anything in this day and age you have forums, social media etc, a whole wealth of fans talking where you can take notes.
So, credit where credit is due, they got kits out fast in a small amount of time, but they've had plenty of time to get the away kit spot on and still fallen short with supply which falls on their name even if City's to blame too as we can't sack City can we, but we can move on from O'Neills and find a company far more focused on delivering their product well rather than one willing to chuck it's name on poor designs and manufacturing.

As for stock have you not considered that it's low on stock because it's proven to be extremely popular? Isn't that a good thing? You've also failed to mention that many would have been waiting to use the kids free shirt code (just like myself) which would have added to the demand. I got the shirt for my son but many would have paid the tenner to upgrade to an adult size. I know many that buy a kids season ticket just for this purpose. 

I wasn't addressing these issues but now I suppose I am as you've brought them up. We don't know how popular it is, could we have just set a record on sales on a new kit? Maybe, but I find it hard to believe that is the case as the club needs and loves good reasons to put out positive social media and there is no mention of it. I find it very hard to believe that our social media team wouldn't have need blowing trumpets and fan fare had we just delivered the most successful kit launch in years.

Coventry may have 'released' their away kit but as I said above, not a single fan have got their hands on that away kit yet so not sure it's correct to say we're the last. Unveiled yes, but released no. 

And I critique the new supplier to no ends for that shit show, but that's not directly Hummell and much like you mentioned above in defence of O'Neills the Hummell situation is very much "pretty unprecedented within the industry"  and yet you can use that against Hummell but not against O'Neills, it's a little tit for tat really isn't it?

You're making a number of assumptions which form your opinion and I think that's unfair. You don't know when the next shipment is due. 

No I don't, but simply put I can't buy the shirt the same day it was released and as previously mentioned they've had months longer than any other clubs supplier to make sure supply is there.

O'Neills have also had to work incredibly fast to rectify the issue we had of our teams needing X amount of kits in a very short time frame. Surely as it was only the distributor that went under, then distributing kits is less of an issue than O'Neills having to produce AND distribute a number of kits? 

When you compare O'Neills and their supply of shirts for our group teams and Hummell with Coventry then O'Neills have massively outperformed a global brand. 

As I said before, you're comparing two brands that have both had unprecedented situations, Hummell have done their part in designing the kits, the issue they have is finding a supplier in a very short period of time and they are rightfully being criticised for it, although as I mentioned before a lot of the "manufacturing issues" that fans are complaining about are actually caused by their club and not the supplier.

Either way, both suppliers have failed to supply and at no point have I said Hummell were a better supplier, I said they're a better designer. O'Neills kits could have been produced by Bristol Sport as we did before and been just as good, in fact the Bristol Sports kits were far better than O'Neills have designed so far.

The splat would not have been an O'Neills decision. It was a club decision so that criticism can't be put on O'Neills. 

As above, yes it's a clubs decision, as a supplier their decision is to take the designers approach, to say "Is this going to sell? Is this going to be liked by our customers?" and if the answer is no (which you confirm by your own research on the subject) you say "I don't think this is right for us to release this with our name on it as it is our first time releasing kits and we want to get it right as our name is on the line". A good designer can say no to the client, after all, the client is not a designer. I have a good few friends who are designers by trade, one works for the biggest gaming company in Japan and has told them they're not happy with their ideas many times and has gone away to create something better suited. Once he's shown them his work they have changed their minds and due to that his name and work is well respected by them. 

Supply aside, I have met very few fans who's teams are supplied by Hummell who have said they do not like their kits, have they have supply issues, sizing issues etc, yes, but I can't think of a single supplier who has not had these issues in some capacity and as we've talked about, Hummell have had a situation that has left them with many clubs to supplier and no supplier in place to do so, arguably they are in a harder position than O'Neills and so they have given the clubs an option and some have accepted the decision and some have parted ways, ourselves being one. 

• Like 2

On 16/09/2023 at 12:46, W-S-M Seagull said:

My badge looks like this on one of them. 

20230916_124537.jpg

The issue with this is how have you washed them? I mean I have loads of Hummell kits in perfect condition, none go in a tumble dryer, always washed on a low temperature and they're all fine, however my mate washed one of his on a high temperature and a similar thing happened. These badges have heat-applied parts so if you overheat them when washing they will come loose, especially if they're washed with other clothes that will rub against them whilst warm/hot.

• Like 2

Right.. my away shirt came today. Finally thought O'Neills got one right… 

Quality is awful…

Badge has scratches on it out of the package.

The sown on O’Neills logo is fraying and pulls in the fabric around it.

The fabric itself is like that shiny old football kit fabric.

And the main problem which made me laugh out loud. They’ve stuck the badge on at the wrong angle! ?

Anybody defending this brand. Just hold one in your hands and you’ll get it. It’s so bad there’s no way we will be with them for that long. £50 quid!!! 

109B9D2A-801A-4405-B983-6084DE4A8AA7.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Not Banksy said:

Quality is awful…

And the main problem which made me laugh out loud. They’ve stuck the badge on at the wrong angle! ?

Anybody defending this brand. Just hold one in your hands and you’ll get it. It’s so bad there’s no way we will be with them for that long. £50 quid!!! 

Are you going to return it?

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Are you going to return it?

Yeah..  Emailed the club already. 

I get a shirt every season. Not even to wear a lot of the time just for a collection over the years since I’ve been going. So a small part of me thought of keeping it just as a reminder of how poor the kits were at this time. Thought it would highlight it pretty well haha. But 50 quid 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Not Banksy said:

Yeah..  Emailed the club already. 

I get a shirt every season. Not even to wear a lot of the time just for a collection over the years since I’ve been going. So a small part of me thought of keeping it just as a reminder of how poor the kits were at this time. Thought it would highlight it pretty well haha. But 50 quid 

I ordered one and am waiting to collect it (hopefully tomorrow night). 

Thinking Elmo GIF by Sesame Street

6 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Yea I ordered one too for collection but still not had an email saying its ready. 

Not to single you out @W-S-M Seagull but just off the back of your comments at the top of the page regarding quality. 

Would be interested to hear your thoughts on the quality when you do get it… If you think it’s acceptable for a club of the size of City. 

20 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Yea I ordered one too for collection but still not had an email saying its ready. 

Me neither. Ordered 3 for me and kids but looking at one i saw a chap wearing on saturday, i think i’ll open mine in the shop, try it on just incase, then return it. ?
I notice the online stock in completely gone so im assuming im now going to wait weeks for it all to arrive which defeats the object of ordering online doesnt it?!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Not Banksy said:

Quality is awful…

It is truly dreadful!

Embarrassing really. 

45 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Me neither. Ordered 3 for me and kids but looking at one i saw a chap wearing on saturday, i think i’ll open mine in the shop, try it on just incase, then return it. ?
I notice the online stock in completely gone so im assuming im now going to wait weeks for it all to arrive which defeats the object of ordering online doesnt it?!

Crazy isn't it? You'd think when you order online, it would minus it off of their stock total and reserve it for you. Well at a well run competent buisness it would...

I ordered it online to ensure I'd get one. Was frustrating seeing them for sale in the shop on Saturday but not yet being able to collect.

1 hour ago, Not Banksy said:

Not to single you out @W-S-M Seagull but just off the back of your comments at the top of the page regarding quality. 

Would be interested to hear your thoughts on the quality when you do get it… If you think it’s acceptable for a club of the size of City. 

Yes of course mate. Hopefully I'll have the collection email 2moro, but not holding my breath.

• Like 1

My discounted shirt arrived today from China. Unfortunately due to strange OTIB file size limits I can only show you the upper left portion. Suffice it to say, for a discounted shirt the quality isn’t bad. From a distance I think it would be quite tricky to tell this from a full price shirt. The real give away is the fabric badge, but otherwise it is pretty convincing.

IMG_2539.jpeg

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

Bought a pair of shorts for the gym. Instead of paying the 6 pound postage. Decided to click and collect. Bought last Thursday, email been sent to the club shop for update on item. But nothing, not even the curtesy of a reply. 2 home matches back to back to collect but no
So can’t comment on the quality.  :dunno:

Still waiting for the collection is ready email too. 

Hugely annoyed. 

No doubt the collection email will come through 2moro morning.

• Like 1