IGNORED

O'Neills - New Kit Supplier (Confirmed)

• Admin
18 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Yea I ordered one too for collection but still not had an email saying its ready. 

42 minutes ago, Not Banksy said:

Know its only lunch time...  but is this the best email to get to the club with this? 

supporterservices@bristol-sport.co.uk

This may be of use to you both - and anyone else waiting

Contact Us (bristol-sport.co.uk)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Still waiting for the collection is ready email too. 

Hugely annoyed. 

No doubt the collection email will come through 2moro morning.

Yep certainly is. Ordered when in stock. Probably because I didn’t pay 6 pound postage. The amount of money I have spent at this club. And they can’t even bother to reply to my emails. Oh well I shouldn’t be surprised 

20 hours ago, Not Banksy said:

Right.. my away shirt came today. Finally thought O'Neills got one right… 

Quality is awful…

Badge has scratches on it out of the package.

The sown on O’Neills logo is fraying and pulls in the fabric around it.

The fabric itself is like that shiny old football kit fabric.

And the main problem which made me laugh out loud. They’ve stuck the badge on at the wrong angle! ?

Anybody defending this brand. Just hold one in your hands and you’ll get it. It’s so bad there’s no way we will be with them for that long. £50 quid!!! 

109B9D2A-801A-4405-B983-6084DE4A8AA7.jpeg

Hope its going back - just seen further posts. It begs the question yet again,  why the hell don't bcfc quality check products?

Same goes for O'Neills. And I really fail to see how they can get the badge angle wrong. I'm not in the rag trade, but surely to goodness you'd be printing guide lines under where the badge goes  and corresponding o es on the back of the badge if manual alignment is off.

Edited by Sleepy1968
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Yep certainly is. Ordered when in stock. Probably because I didn’t pay 6 pound postage. The amount of money I have spent at this club. And they can’t even bother to reply to my emails. Oh well I shouldn’t be surprised 

Same here. They've had a couple of working days to sort the orders out yet have somehow failed to do so. Hugely incompetent. 

42 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Fans deserve so much better than what we get. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Crazy isn't it? You'd think when you order online, it would minus it off of their stock total and reserve it for you. Well at a well run competent buisness it would...

I ordered it online to ensure I'd get one. Was frustrating seeing them for sale in the shop on Saturday but not yet being able to collect.

Yes of course mate. Hopefully I'll have the collection email 2moro, but not holding my breath.

Had the email today! However, theyve also nicely ordered 2 of the 1 i wanted ( order didnt confirm when i did it so i did it again ), so atleast there will be an adult small going back into stock later when i hand one back. ?

• Like 1

On 18/09/2023 at 17:31, Not Banksy said:

Quality is awful…

And the main problem which made me laugh out loud. They’ve stuck the badge on at the wrong angle! ?

Anybody defending this brand. Just hold one in your hands and you’ll get it. It’s so bad there’s no way we will be with them for that long. £50 quid!!! 

I just had to return my shirt for this exact reason, although mine wasn't as badly missaligned as this one.

I did look through all the other shirts on the shelf in my size, and all the badges were misalligned as well. I only checked my size so unsure if it's just one size that's affected.

The chap at the till rolled his eyes a bit when I said of the reason for the return, but did the refund fine, hopefully something is done about any future batches but I won't hold my breath

Obviously quality control lacking at both O Neill's and city's end.

• Like 1

Bought my little lad the 7-8 away kit £40 plus £6 postage. 

Arrived today and the quality really is not great, especially in comparison to premier league replicas or ‘proper kits’, as he calls them ?

Major gripe is that the sewn in O Neil’s logo is really rough on the inside and apparently makes the kit itchy…

His Mum is sorting it out, but not something you should expect for a £40 plus kids shirt…

On 18/09/2023 at 17:31, Not Banksy said:

Quality is awful…

But @W-S-M Seagull insists nobody is complaining about the quality and we’re all just brand snobs…

21 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

But @W-S-M Seagull insists nobody is complaining about the quality and we’re all just brand snobs…

Picked mine up yesterday (which was a bit of a faff) and I have to say I am extremely pleased with it. 

I love the silky smooth material. I really like the badge. I've checked it thoroughly and it is absolutely fine. 

My only slight annoyance is that the O'Neills logo is stitched on which to me looks a bit amateur but that's just me being picky. 

Other than that I love it. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Picked mine up yesterday (which was a bit of a faff) and I have to say I am extremely pleased with it. 

I love the silky smooth material. I really like the badge. I've checked it thoroughly and it is absolutely fine. 

My only slight annoyance is that the O'Neills logo is stitched on which to me looks a bit amateur but that's just me being picky. 

Other than that I love it. 

Fair enough.. 

One question tho.. Does this “silky smooth” material feel like modern day football shirt material to you? 

So finally got my package of full away kit for my lad. And low and behold, some bright spark has put the wrong size socks in the package. 
Went back in today to exchange to, shock, no stock of size required. 
I asked if any more were coming and got a shrug of shoulders and an odd facial expression, to be told ‘i dont know’.
Well thats great then thanks. how would we not get anymore stock?! Its only been on sale a few days. 
Not exactly a marketing dream are we. Im not sure we could even sell ice to the bloody eskimos if it came to it ffs. 

On 19/09/2023 at 23:24, Sleepy1968 said:

why the hell don't bcfc quality check products?

The kit is actually made of a new adaptive MirrorPlay fibre, where the shirt adapts to the state of the team. Right now it’s almost pretty good, but there are one or two things that make it look dodgy.

It’s also why it wasn’t available until the season had started.

Don’t worry, it will look amazing by Christmas but unfortunately fall apart from January onwards. At the end of the season it will be a disappointing boob tube.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

I was looking at the online shop for my other team, and they have no stock whatsoever of the away, or third kits. Guess who supplies their kits...

Screenshot_20230920-231054-016.png

The problem isn’t Hummel themselves. It’s the British distributors of Hummel. Malaga will likely be supplied directly from Hummel. In the uk most Hummel customers are supplied SportsPro. Last seasons problems were caused by Elite Sports Group going into administration, this years problem is SportsPro struggling with the huge increase of business/production for themselves. 

9 hours ago, Not Banksy said:

Why do we have a supplier who seem to be figuring it out as they go along?

My assumption/understanding from this thread is that it usually takes 12-18 months to design a kit and get it into full production, but O'Neills did it in just a few months for us. As a result they've had to cut a few corners to get it ready for the season and out into shops etc.

If we're still with them and there are the same issues next year then I think that's pretty poor, but I can cut them a bit of slack at the moment personally!

• Like 7

12 hours ago, Not Banksy said:

Fair enough.. 

One question tho.. Does this “silky smooth” material feel like modern day football shirt material to you? 

no it does not, the material may have a silky feel to the outside, but my overall impression is its poor (cheap) quality, not designed for any form of sport and is not at all breathable and you will sweat in it easily. The collar may look nice, but on my 2xl shirt its very tight and uncomfortable around my neck (I solved this problem by cutting a slit in the front of the collar).

Big thumbs up for the look, and I see Hummel are letting down other clubs now, so for me lets keep the faith and hope for better materials to be used in future.

Having returned my shirt on Tuesday night due to the badge being misalligned, I contacted both the City shop and O Neills via their respective contact forms early Wednesday morning and sent them the same message incase they aware of the issue.

I had a response within two hours from O Neills on Wednesday informing me they're passing on to the relevant department.

And I have had a further reply today from O Neills which I've listed below, they're fully aware of the badge alignment issue on some shirts.

Surprise surprise still no response from City though, so maybe any issues are city's incompetence and lack of due dillengence in the design and sampling process rather than a Issue O'Neill's end.

Looks like it's being sorted anyway thankfully.

Screenshot_20230921_182444.jpg

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, jimmer007 said:

Having returned my shirt on Tuesday night due to the badge being misalligned, I contacted both the City shop and O Neills via their respective contact forms early Wednesday morning and sent them the same message incase they aware of the issue.

I had a response within two hours from O Neills on Wednesday informing me they're passing on to the relevant department.

And I have had a further reply today from O Neills which I've listed below, they're fully aware of the badge alignment issue on some shirts.

Surprise surprise still no response from City though, so maybe any issues are city's incompetence and lack of due dillengence in the design and sampling process rather than a Issue O'Neill's end.

Looks like it's being sorted anyway thankfully.

Screenshot_20230921_182444.jpg

I've said many times in this thread that its the club that should be getting criticism and not O'Neills. 

O'Neills have come in for a hell of a lot of criticism where it wasn't warranted in my opinion.

I'm really looking forward to seeing next seasons kits when they actually have a more sensible lead time on them.

• Like 4