IGNORED

O'Neills - New Kit Supplier (Confirmed)

10 hours ago, brady bunch said:

no it does not, the material may have a silky feel to the outside, but my overall impression is its poor (cheap) quality, not designed for any form of sport and is not at all breathable and you will sweat in it easily. The collar may look nice, but on my 2xl shirt its very tight and uncomfortable around my neck (I solved this problem by cutting a slit in the front of the collar).

Big thumbs up for the look, and I see Hummel are letting down other clubs now, so for me lets keep the faith and hope for better materials to be used in future.

You do realise it's a replica shirt? 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I've said many times in this thread that its the club that should be getting criticism and not O'Neills. 

O'Neills have come in for a hell of a lot of criticism where it wasn't warranted in my opinion.

I'm really looking forward to seeing next seasons kits when they actually have a more sensible lead time on them.

Make a rod for your own back. I'm assuming they knew city would be charging full wack for what is a rushed poor quality kit and they are happy to take their cut and put their brand on it.

If we were told the quality would be poor this season because of the rush and kits were 30 quid I don't think anyone would be grumbling 

• Like 1

Bought the yellow third kit from the shop today. I actually really like it, even if I’m in a minority of one.

For once, the shop also had reasonable stock of everything! Still don’t think the yellow shirt (or any replica shirt) should be priced at £50 but it is what it is.

I would normally shop around the second hand scene, but the price of vintage/pre-owned city shirts is getting silly. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

Bought the yellow third kit from the shop today. I actually really like it, even if I’m in a minority of one.

For once, the shop also had reasonable stock of everything! Still don’t think the yellow shirt (or any replica shirt) should be priced at £50 but it is what it is.

I would normally shop around the second hand scene, but the price of vintage/pre-owned city shirts is getting silly. 

I really like it too. But cos of the badge on it I can't force myself to part with the money for it. Would be such a lovely shirt if it had the proper badge on it. 

I think it's the in thing at the moment for the youngsters to wear vintage shirts. Personally I don't quite get it why someone would want to wear a shirt from before they were even born but I guess it's their choice. But it's a thing I've noticed happening at lots of clubs. 

11 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

6 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I really like it too. But cos of the badge on it I can't force myself to part with the money for it. Would be such a lovely shirt if it had the proper badge on it. 

I think it's the in thing at the moment for the youngsters to wear vintage shirts. Personally I don't quite get it why someone would want to wear a shirt from before they were even born but I guess it's their choice. But it's a thing I've noticed happening at lots of clubs. 

I have to say it has grown on me, but I do think they dropped a bollock with the badge, and agree £50 is a lot for something I'd rarely wear. 
The last one I paid full price for was the 3rd kit with names on, but I'm very tempted with the away shirt.

• Admin
20 minutes ago, Antman said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66932993

It makes you wonder if the shirt manufacturers need to stop dicking around with the design and 'technology' of football (and sports) shirts.

How can this sort of thing happen, do they not test the fabrics first??

Marginal gains is one thing, but this is a farce.

She may be correct by why is someone who doesn't wear the kit or even play the game making those comments?

Surprised someone from within the team hasn't raised anything

4 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Screenshot_20230927_111814.jpg

Article on the BBC website saying that the Women’s team are dreading having to wear these shirts for obvious reasons ! Having said that , they’ve sold 38000 tickets for this weekend game against Man Utd Women at Villa Park 😂

Edited by Baldyman

On 21/09/2023 at 08:17, IAmNick said:

My assumption/understanding from this thread is that it usually takes 12-18 months to design a kit and get it into full production, but O'Neills did it in just a few months for us. As a result they've had to cut a few corners to get it ready for the season and out into shops etc.

If we're still with them and there are the same issues next year then I think that's pretty poor, but I can cut them a bit of slack at the moment personally!

I would be more inclined to cut them (and the club) some slack if they weren’t charging the same price as an established manufacturer producing much better quality products.

If they are putting their name to a football shirt on the shelf for £50, then it should be a £50 product.

• Flames 1

• Admin
20 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

How many players have come out and said the O'Neills kit is shit compared to the fans?

I'm not sure how that is relevant to the report but I assume you are aware there are different kits for the team? 

Many Premier league sides actually sell two different versions to supporters now 

So I’ve had an answer back from the club re the lack of shirt printing available for online orders. No real explanation given, just a reply saying it’s not available and there’s no date as to when it might be available. 

According to the rep who replied to my email, I do have the option of “popping into the club shop” to have it done…

Well, as I live 2.5hrs from Bristol and I’m ordering for my 10yr old son (his birthday next month) who lives with his mum 3.5hrs from Bristol, due to stock availability this will be the first time he won’t get a City kit from me for his birthday, let alone one with his name and age on the back of it! There are no home games falling around his Birthday (or weekends when I have him) so it’s not like I can tie it in with our annual visit to a home game for his birthday, where incidentally he also spends his birthday money in the shop on training/leisurewear to go with the kit I buy him, and I buy myself a hoodie or something to match his.

The club will probably see it as one kit not sold, but in reality it’s not about one kit. It’s about maintaining his connection to the club and things like this matter. My step-son supports Chelsea (like his dad), which is Nike, and in the past it’s been easy for my son to match/compete because the stuff Hummel churned out for us was good quality and well designed so they sat equally together. Now, not so much, compared to Nike the O’Neils stuff is terrible. 

As somebody who works in Digital Marketing where websites (and e-commerce) also fall into my remit, I think this move to oneils and everything surrounding it has been nothing but a shambles. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

I have to say it has grown on me, but I do think they dropped a bollock with the badge, and agree £50 is a lot for something I'd rarely wear. 
The last one I paid full price for was the 3rd kit with names on, but I'm very tempted with the away shirt.

Again, I think I must be in a minority of one here as I think the stitched “splat” robin really works on the yellow shirt. It makes it look more like a training shirt, which I guess I quite like in a weird sort of way! I do see how it is not to everyone’s liking however, and I will concede that some of the actual training wear in the shop with the extra large “splat” emblazoned across the chest is just pure shite.

On the subject of the shop, I think I crossed paths with either the store manager or supervisor today. A lady from “Southern Ireland” as she put it. Now, this may be me being picky but I can’t help but feel the store might be a bit better if there was an actual Bristol-born city fan at the helm. Though again, I acknowledge that many of the decisions around kit are made at the exec/commercial level. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

8 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

Again, I think I must be in a minority of one here as I think the stitched “splat” robin really works on the yellow shirt.

Personal taste , as everything is. I like the shirt now, but would prefer the Club Crest.

9 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

On the subject of the shop, I think I crossed paths with either the store manager or supervisor today. A lady from “Southern Ireland” as she put it. Now, this may be me being picky but I can’t help but feel the store might be a bit better if there was an actual Bristol-born city fan at the helm. Though again, I acknowledge that many of the decisions around kit are made at the exec/commercial level. 

I don't disagree, but I'd be happy if we could arrange for Christmas stuff to be available at Christmas. For shirt stocks not to run out or be so late you forget what you'r e waiting for. 
I would like someone to take hold of the shop, study other teams and get it selling reasonably priced items and impulse buys. I think it's very poor ATM.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, OddBallJim said:

The lady you refer to was nothing but incredibly helpful last few times I have been in there. It's a shop - it could be staffed by Martians (don't tell Suella Braverman) as far as I am concerned; as long as they're helpful that will do for me. 

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

That is one of the most ridiculous things I've read on here.

McDonalds should get rid of all staff who have ever been to KFC.

• Like 4
  • Facepalm 1

What a ridiculous thing to say.

The shop should be run by the best person for the job.

I'm a Bristol born City fan, and I'd no doubt be absolutely useless running the shop, but by your criteria I'm much better suited than a lady from 'Southern Ireland' :doh:

• Like 5

Again, I think I must be in a minority of one here as I think the stitched “splat” robin really works on the yellow shirt. It makes it look more like a training shirt, which I guess I quite like in a weird sort of way! I do see how it is not to everyone’s liking however, and I will concede that some of the actual training wear in the shop with the extra large “splat” emblazoned across the chest is just pure shite.

I don’t know who the merchandiser/buyer is but that role isn’t necessarily a responsibility of the store manager. I would imagine decisions about what is actually bought in for the City range is taken at a higher level. Anyone know?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I don’t know who the merchandiser/buyer is but that role isn’t necessarily a responsibility of the store manager. I would imagine decisions about what is actually bought in for the City range is taken at a higher level. Anyone know?

I have no idea about this lady's employment history, she served me at our last game and she was very lovely indeed. I have no recollection of her serving me before. 

I did wonder at the time that maybe possibly, she has some ties to O'Neills so has been recruited in that role because of that? Or I could be simply putting 2+2 together. 

• Like 1

Why our stock ordering isn't automatic is beyond me, it's 2023, and we aren't using an automated system. Analysing historical sales data, seasonal trends, social media analytics, customer surveys and feedback (yeah right), competitor analysis, customer segmentation, etc etc. I ran better sales campaigns as an 18 year old selling Fruit of the Loom tops online.

threshold = 100
order_quantity = 200
def reorder_stock(current_inventory):
    if current_inventory < threshold:
        reorder_amount = threshold - current_inventory
        place_order(reorder_amount)
        current_inventory += reorder_amount
    return current_inventory

def place_order(quantity):
    print(f"Placing an order for {quantity} units.")

Edited by Marcus Aurelius

59 minutes ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

Why our stock ordering isn't automatic is beyond me, it's 2023, and we aren't using an automated system. Analysing historical sales data, seasonal trends, social media analytics, customer surveys and feedback (yeah right), competitor analysis, customer segmentation, etc etc. I ran better sales campaigns as an 18 year old selling Fruit of the Loom tops online.

threshold = 100
order_quantity = 200
    if current_inventory < threshold:
        reorder_amount = threshold - current_inventory
        place_order(reorder_amount)
        current_inventory += reorder_amount
    return current_inventory

You should use your order quantity you defined as the amount rather than calculating it - your current code will order 1 top every time 1 is sold which is not efficient.

Then just wait until the order request fails but you've already increased the current inventory amount so you're out of sync :D 

• Haha 1

• Admin
17 hours ago, kmpowell said:

So I’ve had an answer back from the club re the lack of shirt printing available for online orders. No real explanation given, just a reply saying it’s not available and there’s no date as to when it might be available. 

According to the rep who replied to my email, I do have the option of “popping into the club shop” to have it done…

Well, as I live 2.5hrs from Bristol and I’m ordering for my 10yr old son (his birthday next month) who lives with his mum 3.5hrs from Bristol, due to stock availability this will be the first time he won’t get a City kit from me for his birthday, let alone one with his name and age on the back of it! There are no home games falling around his Birthday (or weekends when I have him) so it’s not like I can tie it in with our annual visit to a home game for his birthday, where incidentally he also spends his birthday money in the shop on training/leisurewear to go with the kit I buy him, and I buy myself a hoodie or something to match his.

The club will probably see it as one kit not sold, but in reality it’s not about one kit. It’s about maintaining his connection to the club and things like this matter. My step-son supports Chelsea (like his dad), which is Nike, and in the past it’s been easy for my son to match/compete because the stuff Hummel churned out for us was good quality and well designed so they sat equally together. Now, not so much, compared to Nike the O’Neils stuff is terrible. 

As somebody who works in Digital Marketing where websites (and e-commerce) also fall into my remit, I think this move to oneils and everything surrounding it has been nothing but a shambles. 

Hi @kmpowell could you confirm if this service has always been available in the past please?

I'll raise at next weeks SC&T meetings to see why this is no longer available

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IAmNick said:

You should use your order quantity you defined as the amount rather than calculating it - your current code will order 1 top every time 1 is sold which is not efficient.

Then just wait until the order request fails but you've already increased the current inventory amount so you're out of sync :D 

I added the Economic Order Quantity model just for you

demand_rate = 500
ordering_cost = 100
holding_cost = 2
lead_time = 2

def compute_optimal_order_quantity():
    # EOQ formula: Q = sqrt((2 * D * S) / H)
    optimal_order_quantity = math.sqrt((2 * demand_rate * ordering_cost) / holding_cost)
    return round(optimal_order_quantity)

optimal_quantity = compute_optimal_order_quantity()

reorder_point = demand_rate * lead_time

if current_inventory < reorder_point:
        shortage = reorder_point - current_inventory
        order_count = math.ceil(shortage / optimal_quantity)
        total_order_quantity = order_count * optimal_quantity

place_order(total_order_quantity)
        current_inventory += total_order_quantity

return current_inventory

current_inventory = 150
current_inventory = reorder_stock(current_inventory)

Edited by Marcus Aurelius
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, phantom said:

Hi @kmpowell could you confirm if this service has always been available in the past please?

I'll raise at next weeks SC&T meetings to see why this is no longer available

Indeed I can confirm. I would upload screenshots of the email confirmations showing the name/number additions I specified, but the forum software appears to have been changed so it doesn’t allow images to be uploaded. :)

• Thanks 1