IGNORED

O'Neills - New Kit Supplier (Confirmed)

I feel that the issue is the club/JL care more about social media posts/campaigns than actually thinking of the core fan base... being outward facing is essential don't get me wrong and you need to think like this to build a brand.. but if you forget about the core fan base that bubble will pop.

Started with the crazy GK kits from a few years back for me... got a load of hits on socials and JL's eyes lit up! Since then a lot of designs have been a bit mad... hoping for some social media engagement and therefor getting more sales... the only thing holding these ideas up was Hummel being able to use the weird ideas and create something decent out of them... BUT... now we are with a supplier that seems to struggle to make simple football kits look like football kits..  that bubble is popping. 

Charton's home kit is one of the nicest about and here they are also showing that there is nothing wrong with having a simple training kit that makes them look like charlton... mad isn't it

Screenshot 2023-06-27 at 14.44.22.png

Screenshot 2023-06-27 at 14.44.26.png

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Agard Days Night said:

We can’t afford to be patient. This scandal needs an explanation now, before it’s too late. 

Maybe you could apply some heat from your side as well? If you email the U12s coach, the dinnerladies, and the head groundsman then perhaps we'll finally get some answers?

• Haha 1

Whilst I’m quite a fan of the new training gear and the logo throwback - it is unique in an age when “City” means only one thing - the fact that a spoilt man child can completely change a clubs identity is insane.

Imagine being a new signing on your first day of preseason training, thinking you’ve signed for the boys in red. I Would love to have heard the convo between some of the veterans too. The fact that it’s so under the carpet without any acknowledgement from the media team makes it worse. 

The sooner junior Landsdown is out the better. He makes a mockery of himself through the medium of this Football Club, established in 1894, at every single opportunity.

Edited by FabledRobin
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, FabledRobin said:

Imagine being a new signing on your first day of preseason training, thinking you’ve signed for the boys in red. I Would love to have heard the convo between some of the veterans too. The fact that it’s so under the carpet without any acknowledgement from the media team makes it worse. 

Interesting points. 

Do you think players (new or veteran) care at all what colour, make, or design the training kit is? 

Just a work uniform, no?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

Interesting points. 

Do you think players (new or veteran) care at all what colour, make, or design the training kit is? 

Just a work uniform, no?

Make probably equates to quality and comfort so I guess they would care about that given they will be wearing it during training, playing, travelling, official duties etc. The rest? I doubt it.

20 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

Interesting points. 

Just a work uniform, no?

At a superficial level, yes a work uniform.

However, elite sport is about small percentages.

What you wear has a bearing on psychological ‘well being’. Do you feel good in your kit in the context of quality, design and, indeed, branding? Does it help your attachment to a ‘club’, strengthen your bond, give you an identity to be proud to be associated with? 

On all counts, we seem to be failing.

Frankly, if I was forced to wear a low grade O’Neil ‘splat’ kit, I’d feel a tadge embarrassed and, yes, I do believe that would reflect in performance - not greatly, but ‘small percentages’ - and slightly more than the grass being 0.1 mm too long. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

Interesting points. 

Just a work uniform, no?

In sport we always talk about those tiny percentages, and I genuinely believe if you feel good in a kit, it gives you a tiny boost (we’re talking the tiniest percentage). If you feel bad in a kit, it will have an affect, I’m sure of it. It’s those minuscule details that I think does make a difference. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Agard Days Night said:

Interesting points. 

Just a work uniform, no?

I guess it depends on whether players care about what they look like.  And given that most footballers seem to follow high fashion / wear incredibly expensive brands in their downtime,  I’d say that it would really matter to them if they look like they are wearing something that looks like it’s been designed by an under 8s competition winner.  I certainly remember from my playing days the excitement of getting a new kit at the start of the season and being cheesed off if I felt it looked a bit crap and really happy if it was a good one. Surely some of the players feel the same - especially given how important ‘personal brand’ is to so many of them these days.   

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, lenred said:

I guess it depends on whether players care about what they look like.  And given that most footballers seem to follow high fashion / wear incredibly expensive brands in their downtime,  I’d say that it would really matter to them if they look like they are wearing something that looks like it’s been designed by an under 8s competition winner.  I certainly remember from my playing days the excitement of getting a new kit at the start of the season and being cheesed off if I felt it looked a bit crap and really happy if it was a good one. Surely some of the players feel the same - especially given how important ‘personal brand’ is to so many of them these days.   

Surely some of them must see Blue in our training kit and be a bit confused as to why. Anyone in Football knows our club colours are Red and White and our biggest Rivals are blue. It's bizarre that some of our fans have no problem with us playing in bright blue for a training kit.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Surely some of them must see Blue in our training kit and be a bit confused as to why. Anyone in Football knows our club colours are Red and White and our biggest Rivals are blue. It's bizarre that some of our fans have no problem with us playing in bright blue for a training kit.

I worry for the players at QPR will surely be baffled too at their black and yellow options and those at Watford confuzzled by their blue training wear.

19 minutes ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

Revived their 1990 home shirt like we have then
1989 1990 Barnsley Home Football Shirt Large

Man , now that IS Fuckugly 

25 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Look. 

Can we stop complaining. Things could, genuinely, be a lot worse…

Looks like  they launching a new Power Rangers film ?

• Admin
On 28/06/2023 at 07:57, exAtyeoMax said:

It’s not sky blue/ pale blue. It’s not the same colour? It’s a pale turquoise/aqua colour. I think it’s quite nice. It’s nothing like  manc city.

Depends if you remember this Citeh kit.IMG_0853.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Flames 1