IGNORED

O'Neills - New Kit Supplier (Confirmed)

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

what the hell is that on the left . ???

Shocking! Seems to be more and more people voicing their opinions on social media aswell.. 

This has been a huge own goal by the football club, it’s been a shocking decision to go with O’neills.

Edited by Bris Red
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Wedontplayinblue said:

Which is what my point was regarding the supporters trust, surely this is getting beyond an image just being used now and then, visually it’s everywhere compared to our actual badge. 

Along with the upcoming blue away kit, it really does show the lack of understanding with the majority of fans. 

Even take for example, the clubs post over yesterdays event, ended in “youuuu reds” yet all the players were plastered in blue, no red on any players at all. 

Playing in blue isn’t an issue really is it, as long as it’s not anywhere near the shade of blue that Rovers play in? 

Something like a navy kit with red details would look really smart in my eyes. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Bris Red said:

Shocking! Seems to be more and more people voicing their opinions on social media aswell.. 

This has been a huge own goal by the football club, it’s been a shocking decision to go with O’neills.

You have to wonder how much of this can be placed at the door of O'Neills, the quality issues that people have reported, yes. But the design work much have been signed off by someone. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

You have to wonder how much of this can be placed at the door of O'Neills, the quality issues that people have reported, yes. But the design work much have been signed off by someone. 

It feels like everything has been rushed, firstly to get kit for the pros mid-season and then leisure wear out for the summer. 

Usually get a training top for my hols but nothing there at all that takes my fancy. I expect pretty much everything to be in the sale come February/March time. 

11 hours ago, Barrs Court Red said:

I wonder if Big Steve’s as angry about the reaction in this thread as he was to the reaction to the “Bristol Trade Centre” sponsorship 

I feel there's a story there that I've missed!

19 minutes ago, Wedontplayinblue said:

Which is what my point was regarding the supporters trust, surely this is getting beyond an image just being used now and then, visually it’s everywhere compared to our actual badge. 

Along with the upcoming blue away kit, it really does show the lack of understanding with the majority of fans. 

Even take for example, the clubs post over yesterdays event, ended in “youuuu reds” yet all the players were plastered in blue, no red on any players at all. 

I'll be honest, if we announce a blue away kit I'll be buying it. Just because it'll be one of those rare one off shirts that will be iconic - all be it perhaps for the wrong reasons (being blue)

I don't really have an issue with us wearing blue, Rovers are pretty irrelevant. A different shade would be preferable though

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

Playing in blue isn’t an issue really is it, as long as it’s not anywhere near the shade of blue that Rovers play in? 

Something like a navy kit with red details would look really smart in my eyes. 

Of course it is, there’s literally been a handful of times we have played in blue.

The change of badge a few years back, now the use of a generic image from a Robin, then moving to a blue away kit where absolutely no one would associate blue with city. 

If you asked people who were interested in football, what team in Bristol wears blue, how many are going to say city?

It happened with rugby years ago with the introduction of the red away kit, now it’s the opposite for the football club. 

10 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

I feel there's a story there that I've missed!

I'll be honest, if we announce a blue away kit I'll be buying it. Just because it'll be one of those rare one off shirts that will be iconic - all be it perhaps for the wrong reasons (being blue)

I don't really have an issue with us wearing blue, Rovers are pretty irrelevant. A different shade would be preferable though

If we have a blue away kit now, it won’t be a one off. Look at the rugby club with red on their shirts, something that historically isn’t their colours. 

In short, why are we using colours that have nothing to do with us, the colours of our rivals (regardless if people think they are pointless now) and using a badge/emblem that no one at all likes when we only changed a few years back. 

Edited by Wedontplayinblue

2 minutes ago, Wedontplayinblue said:

Of course it is, there’s literally been a handful of times we have played in blue.

The change of badge a few years back, now the use of a generic image from a Robin, then moving to a blue away kit where absolutely no one would associate blue with city. 

If you asked people who were interested in football, what team in Bristol wears blue, how many are going to say city?

It happened with rugby years ago with the introduction of the red away kit, now it’s the opposite for the football club. 

If we have a blue away kit now, it won’t be a one off. Look at the rugby club with red on their shirts, something that historically isn’t their colours. 

Purple and lime wasn’t part of our history before the mid-90’s.

It comes across as childish to refuse to play in a whole range of a colour because the other team in our city plays in a one shade of them. 

• Like 3

Maybe part of the issue is that there are too many issues.

Some people are frustrated that we're no longer with Hummel and consider O'Neills a lesser brand, some are unimpressed with the quality others frustrated with the design, most are upset about the various badges and there hasn't been anyone positive about the communication process, add to that SCAT choosing to ignore the issue and it's no wonder very few have anything positive to say.

With that much wrong, the club will likely amend one thing and say 'we've listened to feedback' - this probably needs a poll to understand what all the issues are and which ones are of the greatest concern to the shirt buyers.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Wedontplayinblue said:

It's only you that seem to have an issue with this and that's probably because you're gas. 

We had blue on our kits in 1894, 3 years before your lot had a light shade of blue on your kits. We played in blue for our FA cup final. 

It wasn't until 1930 that you adopted a shade of blue. 

We've both pretty much always had white. 

I'm looking forward to us once again using blue as its part of our history. 

• Admin
2 hours ago, Wedontplayinblue said:

In short, why are we using colours that have nothing to do with us, the colours of our rivals (regardless if people think they are pointless now) and using a badge/emblem that no one at all likes when we only changed a few years back. 

When the Bristol Sport thing was originally announced I honestly expected to see all the clubs wearing basically the same shirt design

With the red coming more and more into the rugby, "if" blue comes into our shirt, I wonder how far away this shirt could be?

20 minutes ago, phantom said:

When the Bristol Sport thing was originally announced I honestly expected to see all the clubs wearing basically the same shirt design

With the red coming more and more into the rugby, "if" blue comes into our shirt, I wonder how far away this shirt could be?

I don't see the Club ever changing the historic colours of the teams. What they could do is have a version of the City home shirt as the Bears change, and vice versa . 

FWIW I should add I probably wouldn't go near the away kit if it has that stupid new robin on it.

That's usually only associated with home kits though, as away kits regularly change. 

Anyone else thinking that they may be delaying the release of the away kit until after the start of the Season to take the heat off a controversial - blue element, splat motif (although think we’ll keep standard badge) and poor quality shirt? 

A couple of decent performances and then, maybe, they’re hoping it’ll slip through relatively unnoticed in the ‘noise’ of being Premier League bound. 

If our away kit is blue and has the splat robin I'd be lost for words to be honest. Both would be a massive departure from what and who we are.

Whoever's in charge of this bloody shambles needs a stiff talking to.

Edited by OneCity
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, OneCity said:

If our away kit is blue and has the splat robin I'd be lost for words to be honest. Both would be a massive departure from what and who we are.

I have a horrible feeling it's the above (or something similarly troubling) and fear of backlash/trying to make a late change is causing the delay.

Blue isn't a problem, wearing it would only show how irrelevant the sags are to us now.  Bristol Blue is a nice colour.

The problem is the quality being produced, the dangling chilli and Splatt... And the deafening silence coming out of Ashton Gate regarding this mess.

5 minutes ago, 42nite said:

The problem is the quality being produced, the dangling chilli and Splatt... And the deafening silence coming out of Ashton Gate regarding this mess.

Which is why its 100% JL behind it all. Most professional outfits would have release something by now but he's a coward who has a job way beyond his means and has no idea how to deal with it.

I don't particularly mind the Splat Robin image, but I don't feel it should be a badge replacement, as it diminishes the importance and prominence of what is still a relatively new badge. 

However, there are clearly many who really, really don't like it...so, cheeky suggestion, perhaps some sort of song or light-hearted protest at the Preston game? People greeting each other with open arms, saying "Splat", I don't know...anyway, that would be a way to try to get the message home.

<<Takes off mischievous hat>>

5 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Agree, although I don’t blame them for splat the robin 

Yeah agree .. was on the back of the robin shirt from Hummel small on the back so existed before.. believe the fan base thought it was “a nice touch” at the time when it was small and barely visible… but they’ve taken that and turned the volume to 1000 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, OneCity said:

Last I heard the away kit will have the normal badge. Splat is supposedly a one off on the 3rd kit (plus all the training gear, website, and everywhere else).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

It's only you that seem to have an issue with this and that's probably because you're gas. 

We had blue on our kits in 1894, 3 years before your lot had a light shade of blue on your kits. We played in blue for our FA cup final. 

It wasn't until 1930 that you adopted a shade of blue. 

We've both pretty much always had white. 

I'm looking forward to us once again using blue as its part of our history. 

Can 100% tell you I’m not gas, and it’s pretty daft to say that. 

My signals a bit bad so I can’t upload a snippet of my digital season ticket but when I have better signal I’ll upload it.

We played in blue in 1909, as a one off kit, the same as Wembley in 2000 and the odd blue in other kits but not historically a colour of ours.

People seem to be blind to what is going on. 

Just now, Port Said Red said:

I struggle to understand why anybody cares, but I guess image is more important to some than others.

I’m not one that’s that bothered about it, but I think it’s the change to a relatively new, and well received logo change that’s one part of the problem.  The other is it’s looks shit - as a traced Google image would.

I don’t buy the stuff, although I do have the Hummel training zip up jacket…that one really caught me.

I still have my “Bristol City Are Magic” scarf from 1978!

• Like 3