IGNORED

O'Neills - New Kit Supplier (Confirmed)

14 hours ago, t_b said:

Bears home kit getting a universal disapproval on social media then

I'm honestly not surprised, it looks like childs wallpaper. 

they've gone from a very classy Umbro shirt to an O'Neills kit that looks like someone made a repeat pattern on coral draw...

20230731_bears_homekitlaunch_rt_037.jpg? 2443-461.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Wealwayseatcheese said:

Just back from Dublin where I watched Bohemian last night. Great ONeill kit with 3 stripes on shoulders and arms of shirt and on shorts. Could have sworn from a distance it was Adidas looked quality looking at those around me wearing it .Guess we are not used to something different on our plates.

This one??? 

IMG_5861.png

51 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

Learned the other day that O'Neills are allowed to use the three stripes in Ireland but not outside. So even for their GAA shirts, if sold outside of Ireland can't have the stripes.

That's interesting, surprised they are allowed to use the three stripes at all to be honest.

11 minutes ago, weepywall said:

That's interesting, surprised they are allowed to use the three stripes at all to be honest.

Ireland is basically the only country which which rejected Adidas' claim to the three stripes. O'Neills have been using it for years (and apparently pre-Adidas) but in the early years sometimes used one or two stripes instead. 

Looked this up last week myself after putting the GAA football final on the TV and noticing the three stripes! 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

Ireland is basically the only country which which rejected Adidas' claim to the three stripes. O'Neills have been using it for years (and apparently pre-Adidas) but in the early years sometimes used one or two stripes instead. 

Looked this up last week myself after putting the GAA football final on the TV and noticing the three stripes! 

I did similar when I went to the golf a couple of weeks ago - was stood next to a bloke with the three stripes on a GAA jacket.  Nice ripstop material that seemed to have aged well. Almost looked half decent compared to the crap we’ve been given!

Tbf ive slated all this kit. Bought my boy the yellow for his birthday. Its actually not bad. Random ‘pad shapes’ sewn into the socks which look a bit odd mind. 
The worst is obviously the splat robin and he wore it today and got asked what team it was, so clearly thats an own goal as its unrecogniseable. 
The worst though is stock levels. Online is horrific to actually buy a full kit of any sort. Ive had to buy 3 different ages for the home gk kit just to have something for him, and hoping some stock comes back in so we can alter it all to correct sizings. 

Edited by nickolas

6 minutes ago, phantom said:

I can't say I've noticed this tshirt before tonight 

It looks like an iron on transfer, looking at the shine on it. 

But I swear that the only time that I have ever seen a football like that before in the bottom left corner was on a childs bib 

Screenshot_20230809_184158_X.jpg

4 logos a box and writing on the same T-shirt. What a confused mess

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, phantom said:

I can't say I've noticed this tshirt before tonight 

It looks like an iron on transfer, looking at the shine on it. 

But I swear that the only time that I have ever seen a football like that before in the bottom left corner was on a childs bib 

Screenshot_20230809_184158_X.jpg

The font and the ‘football’ are just hideous.  And the whole thing is just confused. When is it going to stop, they seem on producing as much shite as possible! 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, SydneyCity said:

We’ve won a title early doors!

I think that’s a little harsh, it’s definitely not the worst kit in the league (manufacturer aside) let alone the EFL/Prem whatever they’re comparing to. The splat puts it up there, if it was a normal badge it would just go down as a bit meh with the washed out colour

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Can we just unplug and do a reset with this clothing team?

I get very occasionally breaking every design rule that has ever existed to do something really different, special and unique. However, this conveyer belt of clothing is just a friggin mess. Just when you think it can’t get any worse, they bring something new out that lowers the bar further. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, RedRock said:

Can we just unplug and do a reset with this clothing team?

I get very occasionally breaking every design rule that has ever existed to do something really different, special and unique. However, this conveyer belt of clothing is just a friggin mess. Just when you think it can’t get any worse, they bring something new out that lowers the bar further. 

Just for arguements sake, say we did.

Totally hypothetical question but what would the fans reaction be if we told O'Neills thanks but no thanks and struck a deal with another provider.

Would fans be outraged that they have purchased kit only worn for a few months (granted home kit was a few months of last season too) only for it to be now replaced. 

Or would there be relief all round that a new company has be brought in and we could have potentially 3 really decent kits.

All totally pie in the sky thinking but I think the club has made such a momentous error with O'Neills that it cannot be financially viable. No money if people hate the product.

• Like 6