IGNORED

O'Neills - New Kit Supplier (Confirmed)

24 minutes ago, RedM said:

Just for arguements sake, say we did.

Totally hypothetical question but what would the fans reaction be if we told O'Neills thanks but no thanks and struck a deal with another provider.

Would fans be outraged that they have purchased kit only worn for a few months (granted home kit was a few months of last season too) only for it to be now replaced. 

Or would there be relief all round that a new company has be brought in and we could have potentially 3 really decent kits.

All totally pie in the sky thinking but I think the club has made such a momentous error with O'Neills that it cannot be financially viable. No money if people hate the product.

Excitement, followed by outrage, followed by 'does it really matter if we have the same person signing off the design', followed by demands that SCAT try and get them refunds on the out of date shirts.

And then, in about 3 years time, nostalgia kicks in and O'Neills shirts are on eBay for a hundred quid a pop.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Robin 1

• Admin
47 minutes ago, RedM said:

Totally hypothetical question but what would the fans reaction be if we told O'Neills thanks but no thanks and struck a deal with another provider.

Would fans be outraged that they have purchased kit only worn for a few months (granted home kit was a few months of last season too) only for it to be now replaced. 

Or would there be relief all round that a new company has be brought in and we could have potentially 3 really decent kits.

All totally pie in the sky thinking but I think the club has made such a momentous error with O'Neills that it cannot be financially viable. No money if people hate the product.

Definitely passed the point of no return for this season

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RedM said:

O’Neills are only part of the problem, they are only printing our designs on their  garments. I think most of us can live, given the post-Hummel situation, with the occasional bit of shoddy manufacture providing the Club take it back and replace it. It’s the awful designs whether that be the type and positioning of logos, patterns, colours that are an equal, if not greater, issue. 

That said, if we did ditch O’Neills at least we would more than likely be obliged to use an alternative supplier’s standard templates - so we limit our design input to just colours.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, BasSavage88 said:

No kids keeper tops in the entire store. Why are we so ******* shit at this ?

They had tons of the yellow one though 

I hope they restock the pink as both mine want them i thought we were going to have more stuff in stock this time

• Like 1

I have bought every shirt (home, away and third) no matter how amazing, good, bad or truly shocking for as long as I can remember but this year will not buy any of them this season out of protest not that the club will care. My gripe is several fold but mainly factors around the feeling of being had over. Last season year I bought all 3 shirts at total cost of over £250 (adult, fully printed with badges) with removal of 10% season ticket discount for some crappy points scheme. Kits then only worn for matches for around half a season before new kit introduced (of questionable quality) due to poor mismanagement of player and fan stock in turn making purchased shirts redundant. Then new season starts still no season ticket discount (same crappy points scheme) and clearly buying poor quality gear from a cheap manufacturer no doubt with bigger margins for club. So for first time in 40 years of going to games (30 years as a season ticket holder) I will not wear an shirt. This may seam nothing to most but if club manage to f#ck someone like me off they are doing a really bad job!!!

Edited by Evs
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1
  • Robin 1

10 hours ago, Evs said:

I have bought every shirt (home, away and third) no matter how amazing, good, bad or truly shocking for as long as I can remember but this year will not buy any of them this season out of protest not that the club will care. My gripe is several fold but mainly factors around the feeling of being had over. Last season year I bought all 3 shirts at total cost of over £250 (adult, fully printed with badges) with removal of 10% season ticket discount for some crappy points scheme. Kits then only worn for matches for around half a season before new kit introduced (of questionable quality) due to poor mismanagement of player and fan stock in turn making purchased shirts redundant. Then new season starts still no season ticket discount (same crappy points scheme) and clearly buying buying poor quality gear from a cheap manufacturer no doubt with bigger margins for club. So for first time in 40 years of going to games (30 years as a season ticket holder) I will not wear an shirt. This may seam nothing to most but if club manage to f#ck someone like me off they are doing a really bad job!!!

Utterly agree with this. Massively important to some fans and the club (JL) had got it so wrong… interesting that he’s gone totally AWOL

On 10/08/2023 at 11:21, RedM said:

At this point we're locked in for this season but having seen O'Neills so far I honestly think the club should be looking for a new supplier for next season if they can get out of this contract. The fans don't like it, the third kit has been mocked endlessly, not only by our own fans but other teams fans rating it the worst kit in the Championship etc... it's just not something you save, the reputation is tarnished and even if they had a great set of clothes and kits next season I still feel like many fans wouldn't want it due to their start with us.
Hummell got one thing right with us, they started on a good foot, they had a few questionable kits but they were never downright hated and then they ended on their weakest design with the "Arsenal" kit but just look at some of the Hummel Kits we had:

YXsFPAF.jpg ceuOsHo.jpg

j9SRxm5.jpg j1SINJK.jpg

KlQHLQm.jpg

I honestly think they are some of the best kits we had in a very long time and would argue that even the Bristol Sports could fall into that category too, O'Neills have delivered an "ok" home shirt but it has manufacturing issues with the collar, a third kit that's been voted by a lot of fans as the worst kit in the championship and an away kit that they couldn't get out on time because the fans rebelled against it before it even got released... like how bad a start can you get when you can only deliver 2 of the three shirts and the one is hated?

• Like 5

On 10/08/2023 at 11:21, RedM said:

nip it in the bud, I'd say.

Get a new supplier ready for next season. Plus, get someone who knows design/football/the club to advise…

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Spike said:

At this point we're locked in for this season but having seen O'Neills so far I honestly think the club should be looking for a new supplier for next season if they can get out of this contract. The fans don't like it, the third kit has been mocked endlessly, not only by our own fans but other teams fans rating it the worst kit in the Championship etc... it's just not something you save, the reputation is tarnished and even if they had a great set of clothes and kits next season I still feel like many fans wouldn't want it due to their start with us.
Hummell got one thing right with us, they started on a good foot, they had a few questionable kits but they were never downright hated and then they ended on their weakest design with the "Arsenal" kit but just look at some of the Hummel Kits we had:

YXsFPAF.jpg ceuOsHo.jpg

j9SRxm5.jpg j1SINJK.jpg

KlQHLQm.jpg

I honestly think they are some of the best kits we had in a very long time and would argue that even the Bristol Sports could fall into that category too, O'Neills have delivered an "ok" home shirt but it has manufacturing issues with the collar, a third kit that's been voted by a lot of fans as the worst kit in the championship and an away kit that they couldn't get out on time because the fans rebelled against it before it even got released... like how bad a start can you get when you can only deliver 2 of the three shirts and the one is hated?

That keepers kit looks like it was custom made for someone with spinal curvature.

2 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

nip it in the bud, I'd say.

Get a new supplier ready for next season. Plus, get someone who knows design/football/the club to advise…

To my mind it's very easy to get a football shirt right. A few hours trawling OTIB and social media would be enough for anyone with half a brain to determine a consensus opinion on what supporters like and what they don't. Indeed, if the club had polled a few fans they would quickly have determined that the splat robin is almost universally hated and wouldn't translate to healthy sales or good PR for the club. None of this is hard or expensive to do - and yet the club just seem to do their own thing, completely at odds with fan culture and what people actually want to buy. It's so amateur, and almost beyond belief.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Spike said:

YXsFPAF.jpg ceuOsHo.jpg

j9SRxm5.jpg j1SINJK.jpg

KlQHLQm.jpg

It's funny, I wasn't originally a fan of the "Arsenal" home shirt, but I've grown to really like it - possibly because it compares so favourably with the crap we've seen since. I bought one recently direct from Hummel - despite the apparent supply issues for the squad - and it's excellent quality and a great fit. I'll be wearing it this season as a protest against the Oneil tat as much as anything.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

To my mind it's very easy to get a football shirt right. A few hours trawling OTIB and social media would be enough for anyone with half a brain to determine a consensus opinion on what supporters like and what they don't. Indeed, if the club had polled a few fans they would quickly have determined that the splat robin is almost universally hated and wouldn't translate to healthy sales or good PR for the club. None of this is hard or expensive to do - and yet the club just seem to do their own thing, completely at odds with fan culture and what people actually want to buy. It's so amateur, and almost beyond belief.

It also demonstrates how easy it is to get wrong. It's not just the fans' opinion on the bird logo that is the issue but the actual design details of the shirt and the size of placement of logos etc. I don't know who made those decisions, if it was just someone at O'Neills working up the design on screen and sending a PDF to the club for approval…and someone saying "yeah, that'll do". These things take a lot more work and time. That's why a lot of the companies produce templates.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

It's funny, I wasn't originally a fan of the "Arsenal" home shirt, but I've grown to really like it - possibly because it compares so favourably with the crap we've seen since. I bought one recently direct from Hummel - despite the apparent supply issues for the squad - and it's excellent quality and a great fit. I'll be wearing it this season as a protest against the Oneil tat as much as anything.

I loved the "Arsenal" shirt, I know some will question identify or whatever but it was something different. Bit of a collectors item in the future I reckon

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MarcusX said:

I loved the "Arsenal" shirt, I know some will question identify or whatever but it was something different. Bit of a collectors item in the future I reckon

Personally, I absolutely loathed it. The fact that even our own fans refer to it as the "Arsenal" shirt should explain why. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, SouthStand Sandwich said:

Utterly agree with this. Massively important to some fans and the club (JL) had got it so wrong… interesting that he’s gone totally AWOL

It's not really. He's a coward who has a job because his dad owns the company, of course someone promoted way way way beyond their ability hides away when it gets tough

8 hours ago, MarcusX said:

Agree. It’s not exactly popping up on eBay in great numbers, suggests people hanging onto it.

On the subject of vintage shirts, whoever it was who drove the price up of the 93/94 shirt on eBay… boo to you.

Price of vintage city shirts is getting ludicrous.

On 14/08/2023 at 10:00, Bristol Rob said:

That keepers kit looks like it was custom made for someone with spinal curvature.

That keepers kit won awards for being the most liked kit at the time it was released and was deemed the best kit in the Championship 

29 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

All the talk of everyone hating the kit etc but when I went to the Oxford game I was surprised how many people were wearing the new kits.  Ultimately if the numbers don't add up then I'm sure we will have a get out of the deal, but if people keep buying it then we will stay put im sure 

I was just going to post a similar observation, when watching the “limbs” video from the Millwall game, there are loads of the shirts being worn in the crowd.

On 14/08/2023 at 09:29, SouthStand Sandwich said:

Yep because he's a chip off the old block and simply cannot deal with criticism. 

His performance at a fans Q&A at The Gate years ago now, probably the SOD era, is still fresh in the mind - the slightest hint of criticism in a question wasn't met with a measured, logical response but instead one that was exasperated and aggressive, basically saying "shut up and leave it to us". 

Since then, he's been promoted! And his daddy doubled down by telling us "it's my club". 

Thanks for the bricks and mortar. Genuinely, thanks. But it's time for fresh ideas. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

All the talk of everyone hating the kit etc but when I went to the Oxford game I was surprised how many people were wearing the new kits.  Ultimately if the numbers don't add up then I'm sure we will have a get out of the deal, but if people keep buying it then we will stay put im sure 

2 hours ago, cider hoss rules said:

I was just going to post a similar observation, when watching the “limbs” video from the Millwall game, there are loads of the shirts being worn in the crowd.

Right, may get absolute pelters for this, but after spending the past week in Bristol and going to the Oxford game with a family member that works at the club, this seasons shirts, are actually selling pretty well. He would know, and I have absolutely no reason to not believe him.

Say what you want, but apparently the numbers are pretty good...

On 14/08/2023 at 13:04, MarcusX said:

I don't understand the Arsenal comparisons, it's a reproduction of a classic City shirt! Yes it has white sleeves but we've copied our own shirt not another club's.