IGNORED

O'Neills - New Kit Supplier (Confirmed)

19 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:

So people who don’t like the shirt, are now buying knock off worst versions of the shirt they don’t like? This is hurting my head ?

Never said I didn’t like the shirt but what you gonna do if you can buy 2 GK shirts, home and 3rd shirt for £30? When it would come close to £150 in the club shop? Then buy my lad a full kit for £12 extra..

23 minutes ago, Ashton Yate said:

That's quality. Probably quicker time than it would take them to post one to you if ordered online from the shop at The Gate! ? Mine were dispatched today, so fingers crossed they won't take too long to arrive.

Get it next week or so.. ged on lad

3 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

Got the boys new home shirt last night got a long surname they said it prob wont fit on the shirt , so I said use the youth letters there smaller ? 
response was we don’t have any so they printed a 7-8 shirt with adult letters ? And it looks shocking why are we so tinpot …

I thought you were chatting about the Chinese until the last line ?

12 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

Got the boys new home shirt last night got a long surname they said it prob wont fit on the shirt , so I said use the youth letters there smaller ? 
response was we don’t have any so they printed a 7-8 shirt with adult letters ? And it looks shocking why are we so tinpot …

Listen Mr. Gardner-Hickman your boy has only just signed, dont slag us off already.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

Badge looks legit on this one I will be paying my £12 thank you very much 

It really doesn’t look legit, they don’t at all.

Its a badge which has been printed onto fabric and sewn on, it’s the only thing that gives it away really.

I got kids ones last year, they can’t tell the difference as they are at that age but it is obvious. 

23 minutes ago, Wedontplayinblue said:

It really doesn’t look legit, they don’t at all.

Its a badge which has been printed onto fabric and sewn on, it’s the only thing that gives it away really.

I got kids ones last year, they can’t tell the difference as they are at that age but it is obvious. 

Well thats a massive spanner in the works Wendy, might give it a miss after all 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, SydneyCity said:

As a long time City fan, I’m slightly bemused and amused that we’re even registering as a profitable proposition for the knock off kit makers. Having never investigated it, how far down the pyramid do you have to go before they don’t bother?

Most top half Championship clubs appear to be available. Haven't seen any Rotherham, Plymouth etc, but can get City, Leeds, Sheffield Weds, WBA etc. Nothing from below that level though, except Wrexham. I was surprised to see City as one of those available too. Can't imagine the demand is that huge for them! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ghost Rider said:

So people who don’t like the shirt, are now buying knock off worst versions of the shirt they don’t like? This is hurting my head ?

Yeah it's not that hard to understand, they want the latest shirt the club has out but they don't feel the value for money is there. Would I buy a crappy pie for £5, not a chance, however if a very similar pie was £1.50, I may indulge.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Wedontplayinblue said:

If you don’t care much and are using it for round the house, holiday, five a side etc then you’d never know.

If you’re the type to wear it to a city game, then it would be noticeable.

Precisely this, I think for knock offs the quality is really good and likely a non-city fan would never notice they are different to originals 

however 

if you wear them to Ashton gate where the real ones are also surrounding you then it is noticeably different - mainly the colour as the red is a lot brighter on the knock offs.

Obviously up to you if you care about that or not but I would say for £12 it’s still a decent little shirt to wear for 5 a side etc

1 hour ago, CTIDhc said:

Precisely this, I think for knock offs the quality is really good and likely a non-city fan would never notice they are different to originals 

however 

if you wear them to Ashton gate where the real ones are also surrounding you then it is noticeably different - mainly the colour as the red is a lot brighter on the knock offs.

Obviously up to you if you care about that or not but I would say for £12 it’s still a decent little shirt to wear for 5 a side etc

Perhaps that’s the idea? The club might notice people aren’t buying the official shirt. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Spike said:

Yeah it's not that hard to understand, they want the latest shirt the club has out but they don't feel the value for money is there. Would I buy a crappy pie for £5, not a chance, however if a very similar pie was £1.50, I may indulge.

Oh, bravo! Let's all take a moment to appreciate your masterful use of passive aggression. I mean, it's not like we could have a civilized conversation without a hint of sarcasm, right? Clearly, you're a shining example of how not to talk to someone in person. I'm guessing you're just preparing for senior school, and the nerves are getting the best of you. Trust me, we've all been there.

I stuck up for you earlier in this thread, as you were getting pelters for your kit designs. Clearly that’s not taught you anything about having a bit of human kindness. 

Ps, they were shit, I just felt pity for you for being bullied. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Ghost Rider said:

Oh, bravo! Let's all take a moment to appreciate your masterful use of passive aggression. I mean, it's not like we could have a civilized conversation without a hint of sarcasm, right? Clearly, you're a shining example of how not to talk to someone in person. I'm guessing you're just preparing for senior school, and the nerves are getting the best of you. Trust me, we've all been there.

I stuck up for you earlier in this thread, as you were getting pelters for your kit designs. Clearly that’s not taught you anything about having a bit of human kindness. 

Ps, they were shit, I just felt pity for you for being bullied. 

It's about as passive aggressive as the post it's replying to. I mean you're saying people buying the knock off kit instead of the club one makes no sense, essentially insulting them for buying something at around 1/5 of the price. It just comes down to value. 

Also whilst we're on the subject of how to speak to people, at no point did I get personal with you as you have with me, I don't do personal attacks, so before you go pointing the finger have a little look in the mirror, realise you made the passive aggressive post that got one in return and you also got personal, which I have not done. 

For the record, no I am not about to go into senior school, I turned 42 a few days ago. I can have a conversation just fine, but don't get upset if you make comments that are passive aggressive/insulting and then get a little back. I don't need someone to defend me, I am unapologetically myself regardless of what anyone else says, some love me for it, some dislike me for it but it's who I am. I've had many a disagreement with people on here, I've also had some great discussions on here, it hasn't changed my mind about any poster though, some people get easily offended and then get personal, others get over it and continue to have discussions, it is what it is but to make it perfectly clear, a little bit of passive aggression and/or sarcasm is just that, if you dish it out you have to be able to take it, and I can do that without getting personal.

So, I'm sorry if you got offended but my point still stands, I don't like the new kit, it's not awful but it's not good enough for me to spend £50-60 on, so if I were to go the knock off shop and get one with name, number, badges, the lot, that would cost nearer to £70-80 with all of that on for a mere £14 it's not really a head hurting turn of logic is it? 

I've bought from City every season for the last 25 years, this is the first year I've not and I actually think it's a good thing that people are buying the knock offs instead of buying from the shop because that means sales will be down and City will have to look at O'Neills and decide whether they are right for the club. With such god awful casual wear, awful third kit and an away kit that isn't even out yet I hope that the sales are bad enough for them to look for a new deal. 

Oh and about my kits, man up, tell the truth, I don't respect people who can't be honest, maybe you should again look in the mirror, as that's as childish as it gets. 

Edited by Spike
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Spike said:

It's about as passive aggressive as the post it's replying to. I mean you're saying people buying the knock off kit instead of the club one makes no sense, essentially insulting them for buying something at around 1/5 of the price. It just comes down to value. 

Also whilst we're on the subject of how to speak to people, at no point did I get personal with you as you have with me, I don't do personal attacks, so before you go pointing the finger have a little look in the mirror, realise you made the passive aggressive post that got one in return and you also got personal, which I have not done. 

For the record, no I am not about to go into senior school, I turned 42 a few days ago. I can have a conversation just fine, but don't get upset if you make comments that are passive aggressive/insulting and then get a little back. I don't need someone to defend me, I am unapologetically myself regardless of what anyone else says, some love me for it, some dislike me for it but it's who I am. I've had many a disagreement with people on here, I've also had some great discussions on here, it hasn't changed my mind about any poster though, some people get easily offended and then get personal, others get over it and continue to have discussions, it is what it is but to make it perfectly clear, a little bit of passive aggression and/or sarcasm is just that, if you dish it out you have to be able to take it, and I can do that without getting personal.

So, I'm sorry if you got offended but my point still stands, I don't like the new kit, it's not awful but it's not good enough for me to spend £50-60 on, so if I were to go the knock off shop and get one with name, number, badges, the lot, that would cost nearer to £70-80 with all of that on for a mere £14 it's not really a head hurting turn of logic is it? 

I've bought from City every season for the last 25 years, this is the first year I've not and I actually think it's a good thing that people are buying the knock offs instead of buying from the shop because that means sales will be down and City will have to look at O'Neills and decide whether they are right for the club. With such god awful casual wear, awful third kit and an away kit that isn't even out yet I hope that the sales are bad enough for them to look for a new deal. 

Oh and about my kits, man up, tell the truth, I don't respect people who can't be honest, maybe you should again look in the mirror, as that's as childish as it gets. 

Okay. Your kits are shit. 

To be fair, your keen insights into the art of budget-conscious shopping truly astound me. It's remarkable how some people can find value in knock-off kits that are practically a steal at one-fifth of the price! I must admit, my ability to comprehend such financial wizardry is truly limited. 

And as for your noble stance on personal attacks, I am genuinely in awe of your self-restraint. It's almost as if you've ascended to a higher plane of online discourse, untouched by the petty provocations of passive-aggressiveness. My deepest apologies for any perceived slights in my previous response – it's clear you're the paragon of civility.

Also, I must apologise for my inability to discern your true age through the internet, but at 42 (still making kits?), your wit and wisdom shine brighter than ever. You're absolutely right; disagreements on the internet are par for the course. Some people do take offence rather easily (me clearly), while others, like yourself, are unflinchingly resilient. Kudos to you for your unwavering resolve!

As for your shopping habits, I bow to your unmatched frugality. Why indeed spend £50-60 on an official kit when you can fashionably acquire a knock-off with all the bells and whistles for a mere £14? It's a financial acumen that defies logic, and I can only aspire to reach such heights of fiscal wisdom.

And your decision not to support your beloved club with official merchandise – it's truly selfless. By depriving the club of your £50-60, you're clearly doing them a massive favour. Let's hope they notice this grand gesture and rethink their entire partnership with O'Neills. After all, who needs high-quality official merchandise when you can have those "god awful casual wear" and elusive away kits to look forward to?

Edited by Ghost Rider
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:

Okay. Your kits are shit. 

Very mature of you and trust me, having had kits put into production your opinion on some quick knocked up templates based off of the company's templates means nothing to me as they do not represent my own body of work. 

Maybe try getting into it yourself ??

• Like 1

Well, thank you for your gracious response. I must say, your level of maturity in handling this discussion is truly commendable. Your dismissive attitude toward my opinions on kit designs is duly noted, and I understand that my insights into templates and production may pale in comparison to your illustrious body of work.

It's clear that your experience in having kits put into production places you in a league of your own, and I'm humbled by your suggestion that I should try my hand at it. Perhaps I'll embark on a journey of kit design and production, guided by your wisdom and expertise. After all, who wouldn't want to follow in the footsteps of someone as accomplished as yourself?

Thank you for your invaluable advice and for setting such a sterling example of how to engage in a thoughtful and constructive conversation. If you have any further pearls of wisdom to impart, please do share – I'm all ears! ??

P.s, this is fun. ?

Edited by Ghost Rider