IGNORED

O'Neills - New Kit Supplier (Confirmed)

20 minutes ago, Chessels Chick said:

Talking of away kit quite like the Bristol Bears one with nod to Ursa the former Bearpit sculpture ...

Screenshot_20230906-195954_Chrome.jpg

Each to their own, but personally I hate those quirky kits. 
But then I'm old and I'm not the target audience. I did notice while I was in the shop, the Bears have a couple of ranges of vest shirts. So it seems it a very different fanbase too.

10 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Not sure I'm comfortable with the association with the people's rebublic of stokes croft. But this isn't the place to discuss that. 

But as far as the kit goes. The quality looks absolutely fine.

Hopefully our away kit will also be released and be of similar quality.

I can see it now. Our new away kit is purple with green dots, in a similar style and position but resembling a Robin ( a vertical Splat or modern badge thing)!

14 hours ago, Chessels Chick said:

Talking of away kit quite like the Bristol Bears one with nod to Ursa the former Bearpit sculpture ...

I don’t dislike it but think it’s a bit heavy handed. The idea is good but think that a more talented designer would have taken inspiration from the pattern of the bear rather than a literal representation of it. 

Without wanting to go over old ground, this is what Hummel were great at. Choosing a concept and delivering a nicely balanced representation of it.

I’m pretty certain, for example, if you’d given O’Neills the brief for a robin kit, they would have come back with a big red circle in the middle and feather shapes around the neck. The Hummel robin kit was excellent. Similarly, the black away Hummel kit that took inspiration from the houses of Totterdown would have been a silhouette of terraced houses in an ugly gradient if done by O’Neills.

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, SydneyCity said:

I don’t dislike it but think it’s a bit heavy handed. The idea is good but think that a more talented designer would have taken inspiration from the pattern of the bear rather than a literal representation of it. 

Without wanting to go over old ground, this is what Hummel were great at. Choosing a concept and delivering a nicely balanced representation of it.

I’m pretty certain, for example, if you’d given O’Neills the brief for a robin kit, they would have come back with a big red circle in the middle and feather shapes around the neck. The Hummel robin kit was excellent. Similarly, the black away Hummel kit that took inspiration from the houses of Totterdown would have been a silhouette of terraced houses in an ugly gradient if done by O’Neills.

I was thinking the same. It’s a bit too literal, especially with all the logos, sponsors on it as well. I like the concept though.

I do miss Hummel ?☹️ more and more each day…?

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, SydneyCity said:

My wife’s a Corinthians supporter and this is the kit she got a couple of years back. Inspired by the cracks in the walls of São Paulo.

As mentioned above, something like this - inspired by the texture/pattern of the bear - would have been better than the shape of the bear.

IMG_4851.jpeg

Matter of opinion, I think that's rancid as well!

• Like 2

On 06/09/2023 at 20:41, Norn Iron said:

I can see it now. Our new away kit is purple with green dots, in a similar style and position but resembling a Robin ( a vertical Splat or modern badge thing)!

Maybe the new shirt will have purple and green spots arranged in such a way that only "non-colour blind" people can read??!

2 hours ago, SydneyCity said:

My wife’s a Corinthians supporter and this is the kit she got a couple of years back. Inspired by the cracks in the walls of São Paulo.

As mentioned above, something like this - inspired by the texture/pattern of the bear - would have been better than the shape of the bear.

Like this?

Screenshot 2023-09-08 at 7.19.35 AM.png

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, phantom said:

It still amazes me that people seem to care so much

I think a lot of it has to do with the the various problems with kits over the years.

Continually late , little or no stock etc, etc. They announced it , they should be able to stick to it or tell fans why not.
It's that continued lack of info that rankles , if they came out and said what the issue was and when the new date would be, it would stop a lot of speculation . 
They didn't need 3 kits this year so didn't need to announce 3. As soon as they did people started to expect 3 kits. 
For me, if it wasn't for this Forum I would have forgotten some time ago.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

For a Championship football club to not have an away kit a month into the season is pathetic. 

Back in the day, 3rd kits were not a thing.

I'm just waiting for an announcement that the 3rd kit has been promoted to our 2nd kit due to outstanding away form.

• Admin
2 hours ago, Lew-T said:

Whether people care or not, we’re approaching the middle of September still without an away kit.

I don’t see the harm in asking the question…

It's the fact that people keep asking the same question for weeks and weeks 

They'll be released when they are ready 

Like before, hopefully us meeting with the club on Wednesday we can get more info from them 

4 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Who said anything about giving a ****? It’s a perfectly reasonable thing to wonder however.

You've already changed what I said lol

• Admin
43 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

For a Championship football club to not have an away kit a month into the season is pathetic. 

Assume you realise there's also been issues with the bears and flyers kits 

11 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Back in the day, 3rd kits were not a thing.

I'm just waiting for an announcement that the 3rd kit has been promoted to our 2nd kit due to outstanding away form.

Faux pas from the club, could have done this from day one