IGNORED

O'Neills - New Kit Supplier (Confirmed)

3 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

1) Younger kids don’t care. Older kids do and my nearly-13-year-old thinks it’s crap. Brand also matters more to older kids and Oneill has zero street cred.

2) Obviously I agree, but producing crap gear does not help with this.

Ah the “I don’t want it, if it’s not from JD sports” mentality, got ya.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Is retro just an excuse for lack of imagination?

Pretty much. Reto is good every now and then, but, when every kit is a "throwback" it gets a tad boring doesn't it.  Although, I think the grey and orange kit will become a classic. 

I'm actually a little disappointed that it isn't blue to be honest haha. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, James54De said:

On its way then. 5pm. Appears to be purple and black. 

If its purple and black, then the use of blue training tops is even more bizarre, especially the amount of time the team wears them. 

I think its clear that they were going to go with a blue away shirt then backed out (if it is indeed purple and black).  Would that explain the delay? 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

It’s the manufacturer that matters, not what shop it’s from - rightly or wrongly, that’s the reality of fashion; the brand matters.

Their seemed to be a poster on here who was somewhat ITK r.e. Sales of the O’Neills stuff and implied it had done fairly well. I’d be interested to see how it compares against the Hummel stuff.

I have no stats to back this up, but purely on observation from walking around Bristol a lot I have seen more of the striped home shirt from this season than I did of the most recent Hummel shirts.

But that could also be that pinstripes are just a favourable design as I recall the kit from the Man U/Man C season also being a popular one tbf.

I have to say I get quite bemused by the extent of brand snobbery in this thread when it comes to what is literally a replica of a piece of sportswear. It’s not like we are talking about high Parisian fashion here.

9 minutes ago, phantom said:

Don't forget someone kept coming on here telling us all it was blue :laugh:

But they wouldn't be told 

100% not the Robin 

With the delay in getting the kits announced, it is feasible that it was originally going to be blue and the delay was caused after a rethink.

Not sure the club will ever tells us, anyway.

3 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

Their seemed to be a poster on here who was somewhat ITK r.e. Sales of the O’Neills stuff and implied it had done fairly well. I’d be interested to see how it compares against the Hummel stuff.

I have no stats to back this up, but purely on observation from walking around Bristol a lot I have seen more of the striped home shirt from this season than I did of the most recent Hummel shirts.

But that could also be that pinstripes are just a favourable design as I recall the kit from the Man U/Man C season also being a popular one tbf.

I have to say I get quite bemused by the extent of brand snobbery in this thread when it comes to what is literally a replica of a piece of sportswear. It’s not like we are talking about high Parisian fashion here.

Youth fashion culture aside, the comments here have a lot less to do with brand snobbery and a lot more to do with the quality and fit of the Oneill kits compared with quality manufacturers such as Nike and Adidas. The difference is night and day. If Oneill were making good stuff, people would be happy. But they’re producing crap and we’re still expected to shell out £50 for a shirt.

Case in point; Castore have been often cited as a new manufacturer who have been producing some nice tops. It’s not the brand that matters, it’s the quality.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

With the delay in getting the kits announced, it is feasible that it was originally going to be blue and the delay was caused after a rethink.

Not sure the club will ever tells us, anyway.

Exactly. It’s almost like it’s possible that they have fed the supporters trust a message to put out. 

9 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:

If its purple and black, then the use of blue training tops is even more bizarre, especially the amount of time the team wears them. 

I think its clear that they were going to go with a blue away shirt then backed out (if it is indeed purple and black).  Would that explain the delay? 

If it is purple, that means we have: -

- A red home shirt

- A purple away shirt

- A yellow third shirt

- Blue and black training wear

- A club crest, a splat Robin AND the City round 70s logo thing.

…which is absolutely shambolic brand management.

• Like 8