IGNORED

RIP Colin Sexstone

Tom

24 minutes ago, Harry said:

RIP Colin. 
I quite enjoyed it when he was in charge down there. Represented us well. 

But……where was the minutes silence today? I got to my seat just a minute before kick off and I didn’t see that we did one? 

There was an announcement over the tannoy and photo on the big screen probably about 2.50pm, was a good round of applause at this time which felt fitting.

Very sad news. As others have stated, he really was brilliant in vociferously defending the clubs interests over at Ashton Vale. Professional, and fully committed to the cause. 

He was a key part of a fairly successful period for the club too, on the journey from League One to establishing ourselves in the Championship.

Thoughts with his friends & family, rest in peace Colin. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, redrum said:

My wife worked for JDRF (Junior Diabetes charity) back in the 2000s, where Colin was on the Board and couldn't say enough good things about him, and what a good bloke he was.

RIP ? 

Matt? That testimony speaks a huge amount for what a great person he was.

2 hours ago, Claverham_Red said:

There was an announcement over the tannoy and photo on the big screen probably about 2.50pm, was a good round of applause at this time which felt fitting.

Oh right. That’s a bit odd? I thought it would be the usual time they do a minute silence, ie just before kick off. Especially for a bloke who ran the club for 10 years! 

7 hours ago, Harry said:

Oh right. That’s a bit odd? I thought it would be the usual time they do a minute silence, ie just before kick off. Especially for a bloke who ran the club for 10 years! 

I was still outside the stadium when I heard we had a moments reflection and felt a bit disappointed as I felt for someone that did so much for us, he deserved a proper minutes silence. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Guessing it was quickly arranged, maybe you need to give refs notice???

This was my feeling, I was running a bit late (but made it for kickoff) so was disappointed to hear that they did something 10 minutes before kickoff. I'd imagine (and hope) they'd do a minute's silence before the next game (maybe Man C?).

• Like 1