IGNORED

Togetherness

Fordy62

That team spirit and the confidence that comes from an unbeaten run - allied with a full house roaring them on - could make for an interesting night on Tuesday. Not saying we will, but if we are going to cause an almighty upset, it does feel like the ingredients are there to do it.

Edited by ChippenhamRed
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

That team spirit and the confidence that comes from an unbeaten run - allied with a full house roaring them on - could make for an interesting night on Tuesday. Not saying we will, but if we are going to cause an almighty upset, it does feel like the ingredients are there to do it.

Yep. Aside from a couple of key players missing we couldn't wish to be going into it in much better shape.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

You just feel like this squad is really playing for one another. Something you think every team should, but isn’t necessarily the case. 

I’m getting Steve Cotterill squad vibes at the moment - and long May it ******* continue. 

Every man chasing every ball, to the man. The way it should be. 

This is excellent. 

As it should be,big Nige has a perfect blend of experience and young talent and more importantly doing the right things 

Seem to be all pulling in the same direction, as one.

Leaving it all on the pitch- of course we will have setbacks, disappointing performances and so on but that spirit and togetherness as well as various assortments of quality can take a side a long way.

100 pct each game, every game is the starting point however. Take it from there as the base to build on.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

The beauty of the game on Tuesday is that even though we will probably lose our overall unbeaten run, we still have a 9 game unbeaten run in the league to protect, so it’s a bit of a free hit in some respects 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Seem to be all pulling in the same direction, as one.

Leaving it all on the pitch- of course we will have setbacks, disappointing performances and so on but that spirit and togetherness as well as various assortments of quality can take a side a long way.

100 pct each game, every game is the starting point however. Take it from there as the base to build on.

The big thing for me is we now have spells during games where we are firmly in control. The next step is to control the majority of a game or two in both possession and doing something with it but we're not there yet. However, before being too critical let's remember that only 12-18 months ago we went sustained periods in games where we could barely get out of our half and that's not an exaggeration either.

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

The big thing for me is we now have spells during games where we are firmly in control. The next step is to control the majority of a game or two in both possession and doing something with it but we're not there yet. However, before being too critical let's remember that only 12-18 months ago we went sustained periods in games where we could barely get out of our half and that's not an exaggeration either.

I remember earlier season we actually had some good games dominating games, controlling possession but not getting what we deserved.

1 point and goal from home games v Sheffield United, Watford and Stoke for example- well we merited more for a range of reasons.

Vs Luton at home we were 2 up and probably would have piled more on too if not for the Sykes red. We actually has a but less possession and shots in the end but deserved it comfortably.

Some other games we've had more possession but less control and vice versa- mixed bag.

• Like 1

I think it's a really nice squad we have at the moment and I am enjoying watching them develop, but I am also mindful that we won't be able to hold onto some players, Scott, for too much longer.

There seems to be such good spirit within and I think this largely comes from there being no 'big' names, no one here for one last pay cheque and wanting an easy ride. We have had far too many of those players in the past which has dragged everyone down. Young players progress was previously blocked by a bloated squad of semi-retired players. The younger players have been a breath of fresh air and have really stepped up.

Talking of young players, I believe a lot of credit has to go to Nahki Wells regarding the effort and encouragement he in particular has given to many of them. And he has become the most unlikely hero at AG, fantastic to see his reaction after the final whistle to his name being sung. Well done and thank you Nahki, you are part of our progress

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, RedM said:

I think it's a really nice squad we have at the moment and I am enjoying watching them develop, but I am also mindful that we won't be able to hold onto some players, Scott, for too much longer.

There seems to be such good spirit within and I think this largely comes from there being no 'big' names, no one here for one last pay cheque and wanting an easy ride. We have had far too many of those players in the past which has dragged everyone down. Young players progress was previously blocked by a bloated squad of semi-retired players. The younger players have been a breath of fresh air and have really stepped up.

Talking of young players, I believe a lot of credit has to go to Nahki Wells regarding the effort and encouragement he in particular has given to many of them. And he has become the most unlikely hero at AG, fantastic to see his reaction after the final whistle to his name being sung. Well done and thank you Nahki, you are part of our progress

I would still hope for a season long loan back if he is bought in the summer.   He is developing nicely in the Championship.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

You just feel like this squad is really playing for one another. Something you think every team should, but isn’t necessarily the case. 

I’m getting Steve Cotterill squad vibes at the moment - and long May it ******* continue. 

This is excellent. 

Have said similar recently, we haven’t had a togetherness like this since Cotts. Superb stuff. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, REDOXO said:

All those on here, the radio and various podcasts wanting the bloke sacked. Some well over a year ago. The one bloke on a well known poddy was losing it 18 months ago (no not that one)

Well he was very, very close at one point and even joked about it himself within

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

A manager who will never be content with achievements to date but will keep on searching for perfection if that is ever possible on a football pitch.

Great to see him relaxed and enjoying his job.

Yes, I was a bit concerned that the pressure was getting to him. 
cheers Nige ?

1 hour ago, RedM said:

Well he was very, very close at one point and even joked about it himself within

I’m not sure about the very very M, but it may have got a bit spicy on here once or twice.

Yes he did joke about, but i never had the impression he was that close where it mattered as he was very specifically following his remit.

18 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

This is excellent. 

Cotts doing pretty well too, 23rd when he took over at Shrewsbury, currently knocking on the play off door.

Hadn't been able to make up my mind until recently about whether Pearson still had it in him, but I have now. Like Cotts he's turned us around on a relative shoe string, with very decisive management decisions, and like Cotts he deservedly commands respect from the players with his very straightforward no nonsense style.

Paticularly like the way he's given so many young players their chance and stuck with the best ones.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1