IGNORED

Jason Knight signed from Derby - Confirmed

Bat Fastard

34 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Whilst we have some good forward options, we kinda lack a physical presence up front and that's what I believe will be our next priority. 

Have you actually seen Conway and cornick, both physical forwards,

We do not need a striker, it's the position we have the most cover in, we actually have about 8 players who can play there in the squad,

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, redkev said:

I agree with everything you say - apart from wishing Derby well I wish no one nothing apart from my boys in red 

been supporting this club since I was 10 now 60 ( ironically went to Eastville before the Gate just the once mind ) I really do feel the next couple of seasons are going to be massive for our club . I think we are set up off the pitch with the stadium, training facilities and the excellent academy along with the coaches we just need a little luck now along with holding onto our best players ( easier said then done ) but we have to come to a point for a couple of seasons at least we keep the wolves away from our talented youngsters , be nice to start with Scott ( which I’m afraid I can’t see ) 

Agreed on all points Kev. While I wish Derby well, it's certainly not at the cost of anything related to our club. Some of us are old enough to remember 1982, you may well be yourself. Given how I / we felt at the time, I have no problem wishing well to any club going through the same horrible process (apart from the obvious, they can do one). Maybe I should have said 'I wish their support well', that would have been more accurate tbh.

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Makes Andi Weimann look like a right lazy-bastard! ???

He’s really busy, bright, and decent technically.  Can play CM, AM (not a 10 imho) or anywhere down the right side.  Has played RB too this season.

Hes someone who likes to break the lines, especially to get into goalscoring position.  Most of his goals have been coming into the box late, or on blindside runs.  He looks like an intelligent player.

He is a pressing monster too.

image.png.4649c5efce6f230b55b2dc9a1392b6e3.png

Counterpressing is where you win the ball back within 5 seconds of your team losing it.  He was second in Lg1 last season!

Someone above mentioned Brownhill, I see why that comparison is made.  Josh probably a bit better technically (especially shooting), but Knight tucked in on the right side of midfield would see a lot of similarities.

I think he would allow us flexibility in the construction of our midfield.  Certainly allows us to play as the 8 in a more 4123 set-up (as opposed to 4213).  Knight centre-right side 8, Scott centre-left side 8 would have a lot to like.

If Scott does stay then I can see him playing at the point of a diamond midfield 

Looking at the current squad I’m trying to figure out where McCrorie & Roberts fit into a system and where NP sees them playing 

1 minute ago, Monkeh said:

Have you actually seen Conway and cornick, both physical forwards,

We do not need a striker, it's the position we have the most cover in, we actually have about 8 players who can play there in the squad,

We have cover in numbers but not quality. If we miss out on the play offs it will be through lack of play off quality fire power in my opinion. 

• Hmmm 1

1 minute ago, INCRED said:

If Scott does stay then I can see him playing at the point of a diamond midfield 

Looking at the current squad I’m trying to figure out where McCrorie & Roberts fit into a system and where NP sees them playing 

Cracking 'problem' for big Nige though INCRED. 

Just now, And Its Smith said:

We have cover in numbers but not quality. If we miss out on the play offs it will be through lack of play off quality fire power in my opinion. 

We had enough fire power last season, the reason we finished as low as we did was because we couldn't defend, we had to score 3 to win alot of games,

And we have plenty of quality, 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, redkev said:

I agree with everything you say - apart from wishing Derby well I wish no one nothing apart from my boys in red 

been supporting this club since I was 10 now 60 ( ironically went to Eastville before the Gate just the once mind ) I really do feel the next couple of seasons are going to be massive for our club . I think we are set up off the pitch with the stadium, training facilities and the excellent academy along with the coaches we just need a little luck now along with holding onto our best players ( easier said then done ) but we have to come to a point for a couple of seasons at least we keep the wolves away from our talented youngsters , be nice to start with Scott ( which I’m afraid I can’t see ) 

So did I, my Dad took me to Eastville before Bris rugby and City.

February 1950 on a miserable wet Saturday against Palace. I can't remember any goals but as we were sliding down the Muller Road mudbank ( before concrete terracing) all of the first half, Dad decided we'd had enough and left any half time.

• Like 1

Good signing for the money. Really happy. Loads of potential and improves us right now.

Derby fans will be seething when they hear its a deal of up to a maximum of £1.75m, so a lot less than they hoped upfront and a number of add-ons to get to that fee.

If he is successful, they eventually get their money, but by then he is worth significantly more. Plus they have to pay out out for Wilson separately. ?

Had their pants pulled down.

Edited by Dynamite Red
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

We had enough fire power last season, the reason we finished as low as we did was because we couldn't defend, we had to score 3 to win alot of games,

And we have plenty of quality, 

55 goals last season. Not enough in 46 games. We don’t have plenty of top six quality strikers. We have one 

• Like 5
  • Flames 1

Just now, Ska Junkie said:

Agreed on all points Kev. While I wish Derby well, it's certainly not at the cost of anything related to our club. Some of us are old enough to remember 1982, you may well be yourself. Given how I / we felt at the time, I have no problem wishing well to any club going through the same horrible process (apart from the obvious, they can do one). Maybe I should have said 'I wish their support well', that would have been more accurate tbh.

Yes I deffo remember 82 , Going to the gate was so depressing even though there was great relief we had survived going out of business. Turning up All 5,000 - to about 8,000 of us hoping we could just get a draw never mind win a game .

mind you watching us grow slowly but surely after that was great ,

Bolton & Mansfield at Wembley , Chester away the 5-4 at Mansfield Scott Murray at ninian park ( god I loved going there ) amongst very many others more recently the double with cotts , sir Colin Daniel and all that but I feel I’m ready for us to make the big step up before I’m too old to enjoy the craic etc it would obviously be great for the club but also for the city of Bristol , loved the exposure Bristol had when we played city & united over the last few years , fed up listening to pundits going on about Newcastle this Leicester that the northwest and the big London clubs . Here’s hoping our time is around the corner

• Like 10

8 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

So did I, my Dad took me to Eastville before Bris rugby and City.

February 1950 on a miserable wet Saturday against Palace. I can't remember any goals but as we were sliding down the Muller Road mudbank ( before concrete terracing) all of the first half, Dad decided we'd had enough and left any half time.

One half too long ?

29 minutes ago, INCRED said:

The answer is “squad game”! ?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, INCRED said:

Will be interesting to see what NP does but lots of options and if we suffer injuries then we have all bases covered as things stand 

The hope is that with the players we now have we can rest players a bit more rather than them playing in red-zone where risk of injury is higher.

Last season our depth was exposed.  The players coming in like OTC and even King did admirably, but if we are gonna kick-on this season we can’t be exposed like that.

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

The hope is that with the players we now have we can rest players a bit more rather than them playing in red-zone where risk of injury is higher.

Last season our depth was exposed.  The players coming in like OTC and even King did admirably, but if we are gonna kick-on this season we can’t be exposed like that.

I think OTC is not quite ready yet and without being disrespectful to the lad he makes our team weaker , his time will come though 

1 hour ago, And Its Smith said:

55 goals last season. Not enough in 46 games. We don’t have plenty of top six quality strikers. We have one 

We were 12th top scorers last year (55), while only the top 5 scored over 60. 13th in goals conceded (56), only 4 teams conceded less than 50. It's a balance , we need to get goals conceded nearer 50 and goals scored nearer 60. Not big changes in numbers, but could be big in terms of position . 
I honestly think we have the players to score a few more and hopefully Nige has us organised at the other end .

What is Corporate term , small margins ?

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Super said:

For those that haven't seen him play what type of Midfielder is he?

My Derby mate (season ticket holder) says this:

“Great player. Very sorry to lose him but he has been so loyal. Will run through walls for you. Korey Smith with speed and a good tackle. Proper box to box midfielder.”

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Why do I have the feeling, assuming Scotty is going, that we've got another bitter pill approaching? For example, lose Cam or TC.

It's the 'City way'. 

:(

I really can't see us losing Cam or TC (this season).

And I've been saying for ages that there is no EPL club that will pay what City are asking for Scott, he'll be here for another season imo, which is good for him and good for us.

Seems to me that the club are determined to hang onto our best players this season, hence the ott 25m price tag for Scott.

Just my very relaxed opinion :)

• Like 1