IGNORED

ITV Coverage

Gazred

2 hours ago, firstdivision said:

Can you explain who you thought was there NOT on merit? 

Laura Woods for one, not saying she hasn't achieved stuff but far less than many male footballers - you may see no problem with that but for me, she's there purely because she's a Woman and like I say, it's box-ticking

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Red Cloud said:

Laura Woods for one, not saying she hasn't achieved stuff but far less than many male footballers - you may see no problem with that but for me, she's there purely because she's a Woman and like I say, it's box-ticking

She’s a presenter, not a pundit…very different role spec.  What skills do footballers have that make them a better choice to present.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Red Cloud said:

What has being good at football to do with being good at presenting?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Red Cloud said:

Please talk me through Gabby Logan’s achievements in men’s football?

Could you let me know how many World Snooker Championships Hazel Irvine has won?

How many times did Clare Balding win Wimbledon?

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Please talk me through Gabby Logan’s achievements in men’s football?

Could you let me know how many World Snooker Championships Hazel Irvine has won?

How many times did Clare Balding win Wimbledon?

Also... because it's important not to sideline the blokes in case some overly-sensitive types get upset - how many times has Mark Pougatch won the FA Cup?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Red Cloud said:

She started as a runner in 2009.

Youtube darts interviews was considered her big break

She then did her own video blog, sent it to her boss, thought it would get ripped apart, but they loved it.

She's more than earnt her right to be absolutely anywhere, and she started at the very bottom at that.

Besides, even if you were correct, how are people ever supposed to be experienced enough to be there, if never given a chance in the first place.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Red Cloud said:

She’s a professional broadcaster who is a morning presenter on a national radio station. She was also a key part of ITV’s presentation team at the World Cup (where I thought she was excellent. And I’m not easily impressed) At the actual World Cup - you know, the biggest football tournament in the world. And her job is to present, hold the show together, elicit opinions from the pundits, take constant talk-back from the producer, make the programme flow if anything goes wrong. Very different skills from kicking a football. 

Edited by firstdivision
  • Like 4
  • Flames 1

17 hours ago, Red Cloud said:

I'm one of the biggest critics about people only being on TV due to box ticking. However Laura Woods doesn't fit into those boxes. She is there purely on merit. She is one of the best.

• Like 1