IGNORED

ITV Coverage

Gazred

Could have perhaps done a bit more research into individual players but when they've only got 30 mins (minus adverts) before kick off, HT and FT then perhaps not really time. Their compliments of Alex Scott have probably seriously helped his case for a move to a top half PL club next season as well, imagine most scouts/recruitment analysts are at least talking about him just to cover their arses should he move elsewhere and shine, I know he will have been on the radar of basically every prem team but still.

I do have one tip for them in the future….

If presenting a game featuring two teams containing ‘City’ in their name, perhaps use full names to avoid confusion.

Numerous times Manchester City were referred to as ‘City’, whilst we kept getting called ‘Bristol’.

But overall, they gave us good coverage, and highlighted some real positive aspects of our club. 

It was nice to see both sides represented equally in the build-up, and post-match analysis.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, cellist said:

there was a good moment at the beginning when the host said "let's talk about city, 5 changes but it's still a strong team" - presumably meaning man city, but ian wright just wanted to talk about alex scott

The one complaint was City this, City that...........you'd think the producer would get in their ears !

I thought the coverage was fine, relatively well balanced with equal time dedicated to both clubs. Wright and Keane bounced off each other well - the new ‘Saint and Greavsie?’…………,,,,,,:cool2:

I thought our club was portrayed in a positive fashion. Well done ITV.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Show Me The Money! said:

Not ITV's fault but we've got to somehow fix our camera gantry positioning. It's awful.

I mean, was the Lansdown stand designed without thinking of where TV cameras could go. It looks so.

As one Man City fan said on there forum. "Where's the TV camera? On the moon?"

It seemed that a lot were complaining about it last night.

56 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Remeber watching a Premiership Cup rugby match on BT a few years ago, the Dolman was shut because it was a low crowd so they filmed it from that side and it looked miles better.

Always think it's a bit of a shame we see the relatively dated Dolman as the backdrop on TV, rather than the magnificent Lansdown stand. Plus you'd probably get a better camera angle.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Always think it's a bit of a shame we see the relatively dated Dolman as the backdrop on TV, rather than the magnificent Lansdown stand. Plus you'd probably get a better camera angle.

But you'd then have to contend with the sun - unless you give each camera a dedicated assistant to do the Dolman Salute.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Show Me The Money! said:

Not ITV's fault but we've got to somehow fix our camera gantry positioning. It's awful.

I mean, was the Lansdown stand designed without thinking of where TV cameras could go. It looks so.

As one Man City fan said on there forum. "Where's the TV camera? On the moon?"

Yep. It's been awful since the Lansdown stand was built. I wonder if it can potentially be moved elsewhere, and how it would look if moved to the Dolman, would be a real change, lower and a good view of the Lansdown from tv.

4 hours ago, Robbored said:

I thought the coverage was fine, relatively well balanced with equal time dedicated to both clubs. Wright and Keane bounced off each other well - the new ‘Saint and Greavsie?’…………,,,,,,:cool2:

Didn’t you go to the game then?

35 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Yep. It's been awful since the Lansdown stand was built. I wonder if it can potentially be moved elsewhere, and how it would look if moved to the Dolman, would be a real change, lower and a good view of the Lansdown from tv.

Problem with having a view of the lansdown is it tends to be the most empty stand in the ground

4 hours ago, Robbored said:

Were you not at Ashton Gate?