IGNORED

Atmosphere

weepywall

Just now, Erithacus said:

Just like the free scarves at the West Ham cup game a few seasons ago, they bear a rare mark: 'Made in the UK'. I like to think Mr Lansdown will have insisted on it, and we ought to be grateful.

TBH it might have something to do with being able to get them to Bristol from a UK supplier faster than the supply chain from China is currently taking.

But whatever, it's a generous gesture and sourcing from the UK is undoubtedly more expensive than getting them from Shaoxing or Dhaka. 

10 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Yeh because in reality it was probably 5 or 6k more than the Norwich game.

Man City had about 1500 more fans than Norwich.

It didn’t look like 4500 empty seats around the rest of the ground so I disagree with that estimate especially if you compare it to the Wigan game.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan

25 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

It didn’t look like 4500 empty seats around the rest of the ground so I disagree with that estimate especially if you compare it to the Wigan game.

Norwich attendance given as 23,757. Last night given as 25,713. Both figures are actually "tickets sold" rather than "people through the turnstiles".

For every home league game you can take off approx 2-3k STholders who don't turn up. Last night almost all of those who bought a ticket will have attended.

So ok, maybe more like 4-5k more than Norwich, but it will have been a bigger difference than the 2k gap in official figures.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

The ground holds 27,000 so it would have been 3,500 empty seats though it looked more than that to me.

1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

Norwich attendance given as 23,757. Last night given as 25,713. Both figures are actually "tickets sold" rather than "people through the turnstiles".

For every home league game you can take off approx 2-3k STholders who don't turn up. Last night almost all of those who bought a ticket will have attended.

So ok, maybe more like 4-5k more than Norwich, but it will have been a bigger difference than the 2k gap in official figures.

Good points.

Think it depends on the home game mate, some games it could be more than 3k STs that don’t show up, others it’s much less. I do agree that it was a bigger difference last night than 2k, certainly not 6k though. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Super said:

After the first goal it went flat. Got going again at start of second half.

Once again when the songs are simple and well known they are loud. The clever little dittys tend to be sung by a few and die out.. If we want to have clever songs why not produce a song sheet sheet and post it free on here

• Like 2