IGNORED

Atmosphere

weepywall

Thought the crowd were great tonight, people go on about acoustics, roof too low, roof too high, sound doesn't travel etc but when plenty are on it AG is as good as any. Was chatting to.a couple of Man C on the way back to TM and they thought the atmosphere was great...oh and I asked them the all important question...who do you prefer  and they both said..they prefer us ?

• Like 4
  • Haha 4
  • Flames 2
  • Robin 1

3 minutes ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

Dare I say it but I thought it was actually a little disappointing? Must be mad because everyone else is raving about it. Good in spells for sure. Man City fans were great 

After the first goal it went flat. Got going again at start of second half.

It was absolutely rammed outside the stadium and in the streets and pubs around the area creating a superb pre match atmosphere.

Which makes a mockery of the “official” attendances they give us for league games. Tonight was officially only a couple thousand more than Norwich, in reality it was probably 7 or 8 thousand more. 

• Like 8

1 minute ago, ralphindevon said:

It was absolutely rammed outside the stadium and in the streets and pubs around the area creating a superb pre match atmosphere.

Which makes a mockery of the “official” attendances they give us for league games. Tonight was officially only a couple thousand more than Norwich, in reality it was probably 7 or 8 thousand more. 

I would venture that there were a lot less kids tonight and a lot more adults. That certainly makes a difference in terms of both atmosphere and the feeling of how many are in the ground.

10 minutes ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

Dare I say it but I thought it was actually a little disappointing? Must be mad because everyone else is raving about it. Good in spells for sure. Man City fans were great 

Now I was a little disappointed with the ManC’s - not as loud as their numbers should have produced and not much originality. Thought that they were a bit meh. 

• Like 15

5 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

I would venture that there were a lot less kids tonight and a lot more adults. That certainly makes a difference in terms of both atmosphere and the feeling of how many are in the ground.

The difference today was just about everyone turned up, there really was nowhere near the official crowd at Norwich and many other games.  The south stand, which is supposed to be just about sold out, was about 60% full in that game. 

Its just a shame we can’t get the real figure of how many are in the stadium.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Now I was a little disappointed with the ManC’s - not as loud as their numbers should have produced and not much originality. Thought that they were a bit meh. 

Thought they were pretty good all game tbh, yeah not the loudest but kept going. Liked their Fleetwood Mac chant, was quality with the oouuuhhh ooooouuuuuuuhhhhhhh tale end. Not very creative though!!!! 

Thought we were fairly quiet for large parts of the game. Then again ManC's ticky tacky 70% possession almost sends you into a trance like state.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

It’s  just a shame we can’t get the real figure of how many are in the stadium.

I might be imagining this but I think I remember somebody posting those figures last season… From what I remember, you can typically deduct a couple of thousand from the official attendance on saturdays. More during August and midweek.

Edited by Wanderingred
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, jaydee=inspiration said:

Thought they were pretty good all game tbh, yeah not the loudest but kept going. Liked their Fleetwood Mac chant, was quality with the oouuuhhh ooooouuuuuuuhhhhhhh tale end. Not very creative though!!!! 

Thought we were fairly quiet for large parts of the game. Then again ManC's ticky tacky 70% possession almost sends you into a trance like state.

I’d agree with that, pretty mesmerising football to be seeing for the first/second time, a lot of the time hard to take your eyes off it and tear into a song! 

18 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

If you want to be disappointed in the away fans noise, carry on .....ffs.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Had Bell scored that header or the penalty on Sykes been awarded- then converted- roof would have come off.

I sit right in line with the goal line on the LS side…and could see the curl of the cross…and knew it was always gonna end up just beyond the range of Bell’s neck muscles to get it on target.  Would’ve been a right old final 20 mins had that made it 1-1.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I sit right in line with the goal line on the LS side…and could see the curl of the cross…and knew it was always gonna end up just beyond the range of Bell’s neck muscles to get it on target.  Would’ve been a right old final 20 mins had that made it 1-1.

Should have glanced it!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

When their fans started singing “Your support is ####ing shit” a few lads around us replied with “Your support is ####ing fake” 

Liked their yellow submarine FFP song...

? We're going down with a billion in the bank, a billion in the bank, a billion in the bank... ?

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

1 hour ago, CiderJar said:

It was good but I felt the league cup games of five years ago were better. Probably because of the results. I think if Bell had scored the roof would have come off.

I was disappointed tbh. I mean, I was sat in the Lansdown and I was just surrounded by people admiring how talented the Man City players are, which annoyed me. From my seat, the S82 lot did a great job, and the Man City fans probably edged it on noise.

The atmosphere was better than the average league game but I was hoping that it would be a game where where every tackle and attack would be roared on by all stands. Often in my area it was just me standing up and clapping and shouting. It's highly possible that I was the most drunk, mind...

50 minutes ago, mozo said:

I was disappointed tbh. I mean, I was sat in the Lansdown and I was just surrounded by people admiring how talented the Man City players are, which annoyed me. From my seat, the S82 lot did a great job, and the Man City fans probably edged it on noise.

The atmosphere was better than the average league game but I was hoping that it would be a game where where every tackle and attack would be roared on by all stands. Often in my area it was just me standing up and clapping and shouting. It's highly possible that I was the most drunk, mind...

Where I was in Dolman E34 that’s exactly how it was. When we conceded we were singing before the ball was back on the centre spot, every tackle / interception was roared and we barely stopped all game. I guess it just doesn’t carry well?

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Where I was in Dolman E34 that’s exactly how it was. When we conceded we were singing before the ball was back on the centre spot, every tackle / interception was roared and we barely stopped all game. I guess it just doesn’t carry well?

Same for me (also Dolman)

I also thought atmosphere wasn't as good as the previous meeting, but was great when we started going again second half.

But, check the comments in the BBC report from Manchester fans and you'll see they were very impressed with our atmosphere/fans so probably the best gauge of how it actually was!

Thought their fans were quiet volume wise, but did sing for a lot of the game in fairness

25 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Maybe sounded better if you're closer to it?

• Like 1