IGNORED

Marriner and his mates

cidercity1987

2 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

I think that VAR in the Premier League has changed refereeing as it provides a safety net for them, correcting any mistake they make. It gets them off of the hook and as a consequence they ref differently.

When, as last night, VAR isn’t present the tendency of Prem refs is to sit firmly on the fence, hence failing to award a perhaps marginal penalty decision against the top Prem team as that will be more easily forgotten and forgiven than had TV subsequently exposed awarding it to be mistaken. VAR has made refs risk averse. I thought that Marriner and his Lino’s were poor last night. 

It's was not a clear  obvious mistake for the penalty not to be given . So VAR would not have intervened after checking it .

sometimes those given sometimes not . It was a close call not blatant penalty.

maybe bring used to having VAR in the premier those in doubt not given by ref. at time as ref knows VAR will check . But no VAR last nite so no penalty 

Edited by Rocking Red Cyril

2 hours ago, Atyeo's Love Child said:

About 45secs before the first goal, a throw in was given to Man City (Dolman side) that was clearly ours... the Linesman waited for the ref to give it to MC  before he raised his flag to agree (totally standard)

That’s because they communicate on their intercoms. They would have discussed it. 

2 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

I think that VAR in the Premier League has changed refereeing as it provides a safety net for them, correcting any mistake they make. It gets them off of the hook and as a consequence they ref differently.

When, as last night, VAR isn’t present the tendency of Prem refs is to sit firmly on the fence, hence failing to award a perhaps marginal penalty decision against the top Prem team as that will be more easily forgotten and forgiven than had TV subsequently exposed awarding it to be mistaken. VAR has made refs risk averse. I thought that Marriner and his Lino’s were poor last night. 

Well said. I know the person who was extracting the splinters before his after match shower.

• Haha 1