IGNORED

Benarous l'algérien

ExiledAjax

Not much chat about the lad recently...but is he basically declaring for Algeria here?

I've not checked if he's already fixed his national team btw so apologies to the Benarous mega-fans who already know.

Also obviously I have to caveat that the title of this thread is a Google translate job so apologies to the French/Algerian speakers on here. Je suis desole.

Screenshot_20230301-171554.png

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Not much chat about the lad recently...but is he basically declaring for Algeria here?

I've not checked if he's already fixed his national team btw so apologies to the Benarous mega-fans who already know.

Also obviously I have to caveat that the title of this thread is a Google translate job so apologies to the French/Algerian speakers on here. Je suis desole.

Screenshot_20230301-171554.png

I reckon City’s posting is just due to the fact that Benarous is proud of his Algerian roots and he’s posing for a picture with Algeria’s best player. 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

I reckon City’s posting is just due to the fact that Benarous is proud of his Algerian roots and he’s posing for a picture with Algeria’s best player. 

Absolutely possible. I do suspect tha ultimately Benarous would declare for Algeria. I don't think he's going to be in for the England team so think he'll take the Semenyo route of declaring for his second option.

Just now, ExiledAjax said:

Absolutely possible. I do suspect tha ultimately Benarous would declare for Algeria. I don't think he's going to be in for the England team so think he'll take the Semenyo route of declaring for his second option.

Yeah I can definitely see that happening. Right now though, I just hope he can fulfil his potential after his injuries. 

• Flames 1

1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

True - he’s not getting in the England team ahead of Scott ?

1 hour ago, ralphindevon said:

Maybe getting the shirt for his dad.

Mahrez was actually born in a north east Paris suburb. The place is a footballing hotbed  that includes greats like Kyllian Mbappé, Paul Pogba and of course Han-Noah Massengo 

I agree that there have been many fantastic players born and raised in the inner Parisian suburbs (banlieues), although Mbappé was actually born in Northern Paris (not far from where Edith, of ‘Je ne regrette rien’ fame was born), but it isn’t all the same suburb.

Mahrez and Han-Noah were born in separate northern suburbs, whereas Pogba was from the southern suburbs.

Kanté was raised in the same suburb in which I now live myself and, would you believe, used to cycle to training and matches in the local stadium just down the road - apparently, he is a very nice and humble young man.

• Like 1