IGNORED

Brian Tinnion Article

Red Army 75

56 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Yes, it’s not journalism, it’s merely transposition. A poor show from the Post but not at all surprising. 

Not really a poor show, if the spelling and grammar are ok it's a step up.

Post and various online personas are a complete shit show. 

Not sure about this "Having a plan" idea

What was wrong with the scatter gun approach 

Just go out buy loads of players with more than one club in thier bag and then try to mold square pegs into round holes Simple don't over complicate things by having a plan 

Edited by Maltshoveller
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, And Its Smith said:

What should they do? Just ignore it?  Many people wouldn’t have heard the interview so this updating them.  

I suppose I could write out the works of Shakespeare (Craig obviously) and claim them as my own or I could put in some real effort and write something original. The Post is meant to be a newspaper and thus report news, not merely recycle radio broadcasts. 

• Like 2

I hate defending the Post but I'm with And Its Smith on this, it is news if you haven't heard the interview. I don't know what the listening figures for Twentypence are, or for Radio Bristol, but there are many City supporters who can't pick up the station and therefore couldn't have heard the interview even if they'd wanted to. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I hate defending the Post but I'm with And Its Smith on this, it is news if you haven't heard the interview. I don't know what the listening figures for Twentypence are, or for Radio Bristol, but there are many City supporters who can't pick up the station and therefore couldn't have heard the interview even if they'd wanted to. 

They certainly could, Boston Red posted a link to it on this forum.

Do journalists actually credit their source these days? I suppose if the article says “as he told Geoff Twentyman prior to Tuesday’s game” then it does at least explain where it came from.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

I suppose I could write out the works of Shakespeare (Craig obviously) and claim them as my own or I could put in some real effort and write something original. The Post is meant to be a newspaper and thus report news, not merely recycle radio broadcasts. 

Ironically, as it turns out, it would seem The Post is written by an infinite number of monkeys.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, GrahamC said:

They certainly could, Boston Red posted a link to it on this forum.

Do journalists actually credit their source these days? I suppose if the article says “as he told Geoff Twentyman prior to Tuesday’s game” then it does at least explain where it came from.

This forum which is used by a tiny minority of fans.  Let’s be honest, people will look to moan at anything even a football article spreading interesting news about our football club