IGNORED

Shadow of midweek team

Topper 123

8 minutes ago, City oz said:

Unfortunately, it showed we are a long way off from the Middlesbrough, Blackburn, Luton, Norwich and a few others where they are in positions currently, where we would love to be. OK great start to the new year and you can see when the team plays well there are thousands upon thousands of City of supporters waiting in the wings that start attending Ashton Gate.

If we were around the sixth or seventh position at the moment the home attendances will reflect on good performance.

I'm expecting of at least 10th this season. This I think is achievable, but a play-off spot is now a dream.

Let's be honest was yesterday's performance consistent of a team that we all want to make the play offs or get to close too it. I do not think so.

More work for our great manager NP to implement.

Those of you 3 x K thousand attended yesterday I commend you so much. You deserved more.

It was a poor day I agree but even the teams you mention will have those…. That’s football. The key for us is bouncing back now, we tend to be a streaky team so I hope a couple of defeats doesn’t send us onto a terrible run. Especially with the injuries and threadbare squad we are going to have to run with for the time being.

I always thought talk of the play offs was fanciful and I still do. But the positives still far outweigh the negatives in recent months for me. 

• Like 2

Ok let’s press the reminder button and go back 5 years to when we beat Man Utd and lost a 2 leg semi to Man City , we were 3rd in championship with a far stronger squad obviously THE MENTAL PHYSICAL BURNOUT ****** us right up as we nosed dived to midtable and a certain manager lost his job and a lot of you saying it’s ok to lose a game after a BIG cup game beware and while we’re at it WHY play a big cup game if we know that the following league game is a given lose ?

3 hours ago, Jacki said:

It was a poor day I agree but even the teams you mention will have those…. That’s football. The key for us is bouncing back now, we tend to be a streaky team so I hope a couple of defeats doesn’t send us onto a terrible run. Especially with the injuries and threadbare squad we are going to have to run with for the time being.

I always thought talk of the play offs was fanciful and I still do. But the positives still far outweigh the negatives in recent months for me. 

Yes spot on we will limp over the line and the target must be 50 points  asap as a small unbalanced squad last thing we want now is too collapse and be nervously looking over our shoulders for remaining games COYR 

1 hour ago, Magger1 said:

Ok let’s press the reminder button and go back 5 years to when we beat Man Utd and lost a 2 leg semi to Man City , we were 3rd in championship with a far stronger squad obviously THE MENTAL PHYSICAL BURNOUT ****** us right up as we nosed dived to midtable and a certain manager lost his job and a lot of you saying it’s ok to lose a game after a BIG cup game beware and while we’re at it WHY play a big cup game if we know that the following league game is a given lose ?

What’s that got to do with right now? We lost a game of football. It happens.