IGNORED

Nahki injured?

Major Isewater

4 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

At one moment during the game Nahki took a knock and looked like he wanted to come off. Any one else have a comment on the incident? He looked pretty angry either with the ref or the coaching staff as he had to play on.

So to summarise, Major: Nahki knock he knew

• Like 2
  • Haha 7
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

At one moment during the game Nahki took a knock and looked like he wanted to come off. Any one else have a comment on the incident? He looked pretty angry either with the ref or the coaching staff as he had to play on.

Are you suggesting we have a Knackered Nahki Your Maj ?

1 hour ago, Ska Junkie said:

Discussing Nahki over a few beers last night, why isn't he starting games all of a sudden?

Quite a few people have thought the same. IMO it’s because NP prefers Bell’s pace. On the other hand Wells is better at holding up the ball when it’s played to him.  Another IMO,  City need a different type of central forward. A bigger tougher type of player who is an upmarket version of Chris Martin. All the forward players are quite small and sometimes seem to not be able to cope with big “nasty” teams. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Quite a few people have thought the same. IMO it’s because NP prefers Bell’s pace. On the other hand Wells is better at holding up the ball when it’s played to him.  Another IMO,  City need a different type of central forward. A bigger tougher type of player who is an upmarket version of Chris Martin. All the forward players are quite small and sometimes seem to not be able to cope with big “nasty” teams. 

I’d take a smidgeon less pace but better movement every day of the week. 

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, pongo88 said:

A bigger tougher type of player who is an upmarket version of Chris Martin. All the forward players are quite small and sometimes seem to not be able to cope with big “nasty” teams. 

Some suggested Cornick was the Martin replacement - no evidence so far.

On one of the Cardiff forums, one of the regular posters on there (who I’ve enjoyed banter with over the years) said before the game that they(Cardiff) should go in hard and aggressively, intimidating our lads with loads of shithousery because he thought if we were allowed to play our game then we would take the points. 
Maybe their manager was reading that forum?!!!

To me it was odd he was being benched and I wondered if he was being managed into the run up to the Man City game.

But then you'd think he'd start v Cardiff unless he can't do two in a week, which I doubt, unless not fully fit or some other reason.

Think Cornick is taking time to settle which hasn't helped either.

Ultimately, I would be surprised if he was picking others over Wells simply for footballing reasons.

Edited by Alessandro

32 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

On one of the Cardiff forums, one of the regular posters on there (who I’ve enjoyed banter with over the years) said before the game that they(Cardiff) should go in hard and aggressively, intimidating our lads with loads of shithousery because he thought if we were allowed to play our game then we would take the points. 
Maybe their manager was reading that forum?!!!

I can think of a manager on Tuesday night that might employ similar tactics 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, headhunter said:

Some suggested Cornick was the Martin replacement - no evidence so far.

Anyone who thought / thinks they are in anyway similar type players hasn’t watched either or both.

Can Cornick provide physicality?  Yes, but in a totally different way to Martin.

They're probably the same people who think playing one on their own, means they must be a target man.

Give Cornick some time.  He’s played less than the equivalent of two full matches. ??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️

The only game he has started, was his best, encouraging signs…but these things can take time.

• Like 4

Just now, Davefevs said:

They're probably the same people who think playing one on their own, means they must be a target man

I think you might be referring to Ian who knows *uck all about football but he suggested Nahki as a "1" in a recent and IIRC past episode of FBC and target man he is not.?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, headhunter said:

I think you might be referring to Ian who knows *uck all about football but he suggested Nahki as a "1" in a recent and IIRC past episode of FBC and target man he is not.?

No I wasn’t actually, referring to OTIB…and Nahki is capable of playing as only true striker.

Edited by Davefevs