IGNORED

Congratulations Jerry!

hucclecote red

9 minutes ago, hucclecote red said:

Huge Congratulations to the footballs best SLO Jerry Tocknell! (Forgetting Covid interference) 1000th consecutive away game tonight at Huddersfield. 

This word gets used a lot in football but is very fitting in this instance - LEGEND!

Wow.  Fair play.   That’s some effort ????????

24 minutes ago, hucclecote red said:

Huge Congratulations to the footballs best SLO Jerry Tocknell! (Forgetting Covid interference) 1000th consecutive away game tonight at Huddersfield. 

This word gets used a lot in football but is very fitting in this instance - LEGEND!

That’s a great effort as a fan.

Shame he doesn’t put in the same effort on here to liaise with fans.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, hucclecote red said:

That last comment is surely a wind up? He goes well above and beyond to do the right thing for the fans 

I think it’s moreso it depends how you get him. I’ve found Jerry to be personally excellent if liaising through Twitter but I do think the SLO forum here is largely not worth the time. It’s one of those where I think he’s really good at sorting and personal interactions, but wider statements (which by nature can have a longer impact) not quite as good. I sympathise, because I’d imagine before giving a public answer here he has to get the nod from higher ups.

So, think he’s great and it’s a fantastic record. I think the wider club needs to look at how they engage and if they want to use this forum, as it’s probably worse having it in its current form than not at all.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, hucclecote red said:

That last comment is surely a wind up? He goes well above and beyond to do the right thing for the fans 

Can't say I've seen much interaction from our SLO on here, so I wouldn't say it was a wind up. 

This place is perfect to interact with the customers... The fans. Get them onside, address issues, improve the club which can in turn improve the performances, attendances, revenue... 

Many businesses have surveys for their customers after you've had an interaction with their staff, on ways to improve, what worked, what didn't etc. We've had an SLO just in name for last few years, when issues have occurred, from my experience, they've gone missing during the majority of the time. 

Just my own observations of course. 

1 hour ago, hucclecote red said:

Nope. Not a wind up. Go check out his sub forum. Often questions left unanswered for months or not at all. He is regularly tagged into things but doesn’t reply.

He is active on here and does read it. I know the club prefers Twitter but why bother to be on here and not engage?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

I think it’s moreso it depends how you get him. I’ve found Jerry to be personally excellent if liaising through Twitter but I do think the SLO forum here is largely not worth the time. It’s one of those where I think he’s really good at sorting and personal interactions, but wider statements (which by nature can have a longer impact) not quite as good. I sympathise, because I’d imagine before giving a public answer here he has to get the nod from higher ups.

So, think he’s great and it’s a fantastic record. I think the wider club needs to look at how they engage and if they want to use this forum, as it’s probably worse having it in its current form than not at all.

I think you hit the nail on the head.

Individual issues - absolutely brilliant

Club policy issues - a bit difficult for him

What I want to know is whether all the games during covid are included in that 1000, and whether he was able to get to them because of his position in the club…..that would be an unfair advantage over the rest of us ??

Seriously, I think this thread should be about 1000 games, not about what he does or doesn’t do as SLO. That’s some record, and some dedication. Well done Jerry.

(And - don’t know if I’m imagining this, but I seem to remember being at Huddersfield a few years back when someone (maybe even Jerry) got an award or some sort of recognition for another achievement as a fan)