IGNORED

You pay for a seat, but can't see the pitch...

spudski

• Admin
47 minutes ago, spudski said:

....this is a new one on me. Never knew this existed. So far up and obscured they give you a screen to watch ?

Does this happen at other clubs?

Nothing new at many of the top grounds

The same in many theatres and music venues

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, spudski said:

....this is a new one on me. Never knew this existed. So far up and obscured they give you a screen to watch ?

This is somewhat misleading. Those seats aren’t the best, but you can see the entirety of the pitch from every seat - because architects aren’t idiots and know how to ensure uninterrupted views from every seat in a modern stadium. Logic tells you that you don’t build a billion pound stadiums with restricted view seats that are easily avoidable. Clearly they would have positioned the screens to ensure sight lines from all seats.

The small screen isn’t there because the view of the pitch is obscured, it’s there because you can’t see the massive screens particularly well from that vantage point - they show exactly the same thing as the massive screens, which you can actually see in the clip as it pans round.

I’ve been to Spurs and sat in the top tier not far from here - it’s a fantastic stadium.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, spudski said:

Instead of moaning about it.........make an official complaint and request   a refund.   It is hard to tell from the video,  exactly how much you can see from your viewpoint?,  but DO something about it if you feel ripped off.  Or.......Go and watch Arsenal , theyve go a great stadium, and a better team!   Ha!!

8 hours ago, spudski said:

He's paid 25 quid for one of the worst seats in an impressive stadium for a Champions League game.

If he sat down and didn't hold his phone in the air then it wouldn't look as bad. 

• Like 1

My seat at Sunderland wasn’t ideal for that. I did really like the fact they integrated the away accessible seating within the main area rather than wheelchair users being stuck miles away from the rest of the away fans but I was sat three or four rows back from it and the platform did cut off a bit of the pitch. Not the end of the world (especially as there was space for me to move back a row or two and solve the problem) but I did feel two or three of their rows should have been advertised as a restricted view.

Edited by LondonBristolian