IGNORED

Luke O'Nien

W-S-M Seagull

34 minutes ago, Sir Colby-Tit said:

Vinnie didn't mess about with kisses, straight in for the tackle

Gazza.jpg

First thing I thought about when starting to read this thread!

No kissing or foreplay for Vinny.

27 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

O’Nien is a dirty player and a bit sly with it.  Not to Cunningham’s level, but he’s a player who is gonna get his just desserts at some stage of his career.

Nasty piece of work.

Reckon he committed 3 yellow card challenges today.

If he ever played in the Prem with VAR he’d be repeatedly banned.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GTFABM said:

2023 has fully gone too far. Sexual assault, whatever next. I can’t explain why it’s not sexual but i would not think it was sexual in the slightest if someone done this to wind me up on a football pitch. Very bizarre and wouldn’t do it myself but i wouldn’t think for one second it was sexual

Bet you wouldn’t be saying that if someone kissed your wife at work to wind her up

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

Bet you wouldn’t be saying that if someone kissed your wife at work to wind her up

Well, sure, but then I would not like it if she was going for a coffee and somebody ran from twenty yards away, shoulder barged her out the way, and then started screaming at the manager ‘it was a fair challenge’.

I do think sexual assault is a real stretch, but not entirely sure why it would be treated any differently to spitting.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

How about you go into work 2moro and kiss a colleague on the lips without asking and see how you get on?

I did when once...we had the most wonderful 3 months of fun afterwards. Sadly I left for another Company and we parted ways. She was a right goer. ❤️

I'll trump your kiss with Vinny Jones grabbing Gazzas balls. Try that in the office ??

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Percy Pig said:

Sort of player we've been missing for years!

I think we have previously but I disagree at the moment, we've got plenty of players who like to stretch the rules as much as possible. Weimann, Williams, Tanner, Pring amongst others are all very good at it!

Don't rate O'Nien, think he's a stretch too far and seems to get a lot of positive attention because of the Netflix documentary where they pitched him well as the 'nice kid, came from nothing' when in reality I think he's a shit. Don't think he stands out as a player either, unsure what his best position is and seems to be missing in most games.

1 hour ago, Percy Pig said:

Sort of player we've been missing for years!

⬇️⬇️⬇️

52 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Thank goodness.

I’m with PSR on this one.  I love a good, physical defender, but I don’t like reckless who go over the ball and have no regard for their fellow pro.

14 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

It shouldn't be like that. It's sexual assault. 

What is "sexual" is not always cut-and-dry in law. I think here it's unlikely to fit the legal definition, or satisfy the legal test, of "sexual". Something's are cut-and-dry - penetration, or masturbation for example - they are always sexual. However, a kiss by its nature can be either sexual or non-sexual and therefore you must consider the circumstances and purpose of the kiss when deciding if it was sexual. This kiss was in public, during a football match, between two players not known to have a romantic or sexual relationship, and who I believe are both openly heterosexual. Each of those factors suggests that the kiss is not sexual. None are enough on their own to exclude it, but together, as a body of evidence, they point to a conclusion that this particular kiss is not sexual in nature.

If it's not sexual assault then it could still be common assault. However, there's a lot of nuance around what you consent to when you play on a football pitch. That's why you don't see players combusted for breaking a player's leg - the victim is deemed to have consented to the possibility of suffering a broken leg. It's also unlikely to be common assault as it probably doesn't cause the 'victim' to "suffer or apprehend immediate unlawful violence."

At the most it is probably battery - which is simply "the intentional or reckless application of unlawful force to another person."

Edited by ExiledAjax

4 hours ago, Nongazeuse said:

Kissing much better than biting - remember that horrible Liverpool player Suarez. 

Still leaves a bad taste in my mouth the way Liverpool sucked up to Suarez after the biting and racism incidents. Lots a lot of respect for them after that.

• Like 2