IGNORED

Cheltenham

Rob k

1 hour ago, TMWANG50 said:

Constitution Hill and can get Evens with William Hill...

£10 maximum stake 

11 hours ago, Pearsonistheman said:

Win Treble

1:30 Chasing fire 

2:10 Jonbon

3:30 Constitution hill 

E/W lucky 15

2:50 Fastorslow 

4:10 Honeysuckle 

4:50 Final Orders 

5:30 Mahler Mission

4:50 Byker not Final Order. Got the wrong day ? 

1 minute ago, Super said:

I'm prob in a minority but for me this is the one main big sporting event i would hate to go to.

Much prefer a  Saturday afternoon in the sun at Bath races.

Totally with you. I may be wrong but I get the impression that it's one where people go to be seen as opposed to being there for the actual racing.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Super said:

I'm prob in a minority but for me this is the one main big sporting event i would hate to go to.

Totally agree with you, I went for 13 years following but the rules and regs in place now, plus the stupid prices and cost when you get there make it a chore more than a pleasant experience.

We now go to the smaller meetings and it's such a better experience

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

3 hours ago, Club and Country said:

I've been to Cheltenham for 14 years now (covid aside) and my group of 3 all agreed we were done with it yesterday 

none of us could put our finger on it but just don't enjoy it down there like we used to anymore 

I made that decision last year. A friend came back from yesterday, and also said he won't be going again. Shame, because I used to love it. 

On 14/03/2023 at 15:52, Super said:

It’s gone massively downhill in recent years IMO, too many Peaky Blinder wannabes. By contrast, I was on a mate’s stag at Leopardstown last month and they know how to do it right. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, tin said:

It’s gone massively downhill in recent years IMO, too many Peaky Blinder wannabes. By contrast, I was on a mate’s stag at Leopardstown last month and they know how to do it right. 

Yep, I can vouch for a visit to Leopardstown being a great way to spend a weekend 

Punchestown and Galway still on the bucket list ?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tin said:

I was at Leapardstown for the DRF, its far quicker at chelt for a beer, toilet etc in my opinion. however it was much cheaper and the racing was bang on. 
I love the Tuesday at Cheltenham, i thought it was absolutely fine this year. Didn’t see any issues, quick service, yes expensive but you it’s not a secret so my choice to pay the prices i suppose. I agree the the general feeling of there being a more stag doo feel about the festival in last 10 years or so than from previous years, however it still attracts the crowds and the best horses so it’s not going to change anytime soon. 

16 minutes ago, Rob k said:

I was at Leapardstown for the DRF, its far quicker at chelt for a beer, toilet etc in my opinion. however it was much cheaper and the racing was bang on. 

I love the Tuesday at Cheltenham, i thought it was absolutely fine this year. Didn’t see any issues, quick service, yes expensive but you it’s not a secret so my choice to pay the prices i suppose. I agree the the general feeling of there being a more stag doo feel about the festival in last 10 years or so than from previous years, however it still attracts the crowds and the best horses so it’s not going to change anytime soon. 

Were you there last month, Rob? I totally agree the Leopardstown experience was far better than Cheltenham. We went Friday to Sunday. 

Loads of people we spoke to, whether English, Irish, Scottish, all said the same about Cheltenham experience leaving a bad taste in the mouth, whether that’s the cost of everything, the service, etc. 

That said, I usually go on the Tuesday as well but couldn’t get it off work this week. It’s the best day for racing IMO. 

Back in 2021, a mate and I went to a preview night at HQ in which Ruby napped Galopin des Champs for the Martin Pipe. I backed him that day at 5s and he hacked up. Straight after that, I backed him at 9s for today’s Gold Cup and I had another big nibble at 6/4 this morning. Wham bam thank you, ma’am ? 

• Like 2