IGNORED

Luton Town away match thread

Credit where credit’s due, we’ve been completely outplayed in that first half and are lucky to go in 1-0. I had them down as relegation fodder after the ease with which we beat them back in August. Fair play to them. 

That said, I wouldn’t be at all surprised if we somehow nick a point. Soren Andersen at Sunderland in ‘99 springs to mind. 

• Like 1
  • Robin 2
2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

It’s almost like we’re missing 4 key players & we’re asking the same 11 to play 3 games a week & the bench is full of untried kids, isn’t it?

Pearson out.

Me.

Spike was spot on with the analysis. Not sure what you're sensitive about?

Just read through the MDT and have to say that if we've been that bad and Luton that good, then they should be out of sight by now 

If this was at AG and the roles and score reversed, then we know that we'd come to  regret not making more of our dominance, the opposition would play their way into the game and we'd more than likely end up blowing it 

In fairness it does seem that injuries have taken there toll on a thin, and now threadbare, squad. Has our makeshift team got enough to comeback? 

Fingers crossed Pearson won't be happy and will send them out with a bit if fight and purpose.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

I’m not usually one for h-t changes, but I feel we need to match them up.  If Tanner is well enough to do 45, get him on for Mehmeti (not his fault) and go 3412.

O’Leary

Tanner Vyner Pring

Sykes King Scott Dasilva

Weimann

Cornick Wells

I would take Weimann off rather than Mehmeti I dont think Andi has touched the ball yet

14 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

You’re right, but we’ve been in this division 8 seasons. This is Luton’s (shit ground, shit fans, shit budget)‘s second season at this level

Indeed we have but with most of those seasons using an utterly non coherent strategy which left us in this absolute mess.

luton have consistently recruited for a style that fits their budget and maximise it

whereas we decided to play football manager for real taking 2 million punts on the likes of gustav engvall….

• Like 1