IGNORED

Assuming he goes

James54De

14 hours ago, SPAZZA said:

We (Leeds) have slight interest in him.

£25m smacks of a Chairman fed up of bankrolling the club, can’t blame him but no one is paying North of £20m and even that is too much, £12-15m is realistic imo.

They said that about Adam Webster. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Hmmm 1
  • Flames 1

You don’t start your price what you’d actually let him go for. 25m plus add ons and sell ons and negotiate from there. We need to be getting 20m up front for him imo. Then the add on and sell on. With the sell on I would not press too hard on a high %. 10-15 would be fine if 20m with add ons is met. 

As others have said, if KLP at Brentford is worth 16-18m up front then Scott is 20m. I  know different positions but you get the impression the opinion of Scott is higher than KLP’s was. Minimum looking for similar deal but think we should drive hard bargain

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

You don’t start your price what you’d actually let him go for. 25m plus add ons and sell ons and negotiate from there. We need to be getting 20m up front for him imo. Then the add on and sell on. With the sell on I would not press too hard on a high %. 10-15 would be fine if 20m with add ons is met. 

As others have said, if KLP at Brentford is worth 16-18m up front then Scott is 20m. I  know different positions but you get the impression the opinion of Scott is higher than KLP’s was. Minimum looking for similar deal but think we should drive hard bargain

Yes, in a negotiation you have an opening position and a fall back so maybe our fall back position is £20m. We may hope to settle somewhere between the two of course.

It's not just the fee either, we may have a position on how much we want paid up front for instance.

Time will tell though my guess is it is more likely to happen in the summer.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Vidal said:

Club deserves credit for the way they are handling this. Long contract signed and holding firm. 

Been quite impressed with the club in recent days. First raising the penalty issue at a good level then not bowing to the first offer which probably would be reasonable/okay but not aligned with our views.

• Like 4

Just mentioned on Talksport..the fee of £25 million was described as "crazy" but no qualification as to why. It's reasonable IMO.

I don't recall them being this disparaging when Bellingham went for more at a younger age.....yes he's developed and progressed extremely well, but surely Scott's upside could be in the same ballpark.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RedEd73 said:

Just mentioned on Talksport..the fee of £25 million was described as "crazy" but no qualification as to why. It's reasonable IMO.

I don't recall them being this disparaging when Bellingham went for more at a younger age.....yes he's developed and progressed extremely well, but surely Scott's upside could be in the same ballpark.

I thought the Bellingham fee was low at the time and has been made to look low by his development since. Scott’s not on the level of that sort of player, but Bellingham is a generational talent.

We can charge what we like as we don’t want to sell and Scott’s got a long contract. Either pay the fee or don’t. 

7 minutes ago, KegCity said:

I thought the Bellingham fee was low at the time and has been made to look low by his development since. Scott’s not on the level of that sort of player, but Bellingham is a generational talent.

We can charge what we like as we don’t want to sell and Scott’s got a long contract. Either pay the fee or don’t. 

Bellingham they had to sell for FFP ultimately, without it they would have been in deep trouble unless they could have kept their show on the road in other ways. Hopefully we are not in such a bad place.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

21 minutes ago, RedEd73 said:

I bet they don't even know who he is or that he was one of the best players on the pitch for U19 tournament.

Edited by Kodjias Wrist
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, RedEd73 said:

Doesnt sound like Talksport....! 

• Haha 3

KLP transfer at 18m/20m is the perfect indication of what we should be asking for. Scott is two years younger and has played a similar number of Championship games. 
If you want to go back further and look at a like for like position then 4 years ago James Maddison cost 24m aged 21. 

£20m is the minimum for me of what we should starting discussions at

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, RedEd73 said:

I misheard then. Alex crook said , Bristol city want £20m + £5m add ons which is too rich for wolves but spurs are interested in a long term signing 

I'm not sure if Lewis-Potter the best comparison as different positions.

Think he was £16m initially, rising to £20m with add-ons met etc.

I would however compare Lewis-Potter is Semenyo. Last season their output was similar and Semenyo is a year older hence that year more of growth, development.

Bellingham, Maddison may be two positional comparisons? Eze or are some of these more attack minded ie attacking midfielders?

In fact Semenyo's overall end product was comfortably better! Just checked- none were penalty goals.

Lewis-Potter- 46 starts, 12 goals, 3 assists.

Semenyo- 20 starts, 11 sub apps, 8 goals, 12 assists.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I'm not sure if Lewis-Potter the best comparison as different positions.

Think he was £16m initially, rising to £20m with add-ons met etc.

I would however compare Lewis-Potter is Semenyo. Last season their output was similar and Semenyo is a year younger hence that year more of growth, development.

Bellingham, Maddison may be two positional comparisons? Eze or are some of these more attack minded ie attacking midfielders?

Bellingham was streets ahead of Scott at a younger age, I think comparisons with him are slightly unfair and not based on reality.Keane Potter I think is a more realistic comparison, all be it in different positions.

22 minutes ago, Dredd said:

KLP transfer at 18m/20m is the perfect indication of what we should be asking for. Scott is two years younger and has played a similar number of Championship games. 
If you want to go back further and look at a like for like position then 4 years ago James Maddison cost 24m aged 21. 

£20m is the minimum for me of what we should starting discussions at

KLP was having a much bigger impact on games than Scott is when the same age. 13 goals in a struggling side as a 19 year old is exceptional - I think it’s a fair comparison but I don’t think Scott has shown enough to say he is much bigger value than KLP

7 minutes ago, Vidal said:

Bellingham was streets ahead of Scott at a younger age, I think comparisons with him are slightly unfair and not based on reality.Keane Potter I think is a more realistic comparison, all be it in different positions.

It's hard to find comparisons isn't it, I agree Bellingham well how old was he? Kinnell.  Dunno how well you compare fees and profile when different positions come into it- Maddison? Eze?

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

It's hard to find comparisons isn't it, I agree Bellingham well how old was he? Kinnell.  Dunno how well you compare fees and profile when different positions come into it- Maddison? Eze?

Bellingham at 17/18 was in my view a monster for age. Strong direct quick big he had everything.

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Will be interesting to see whether they get anything.  As I understand it Guernsey (and Oxford City who we signed Ewan Clark from in the summer) are outside the PL/EFL EPPP Academy system, so it’s quite likely we paid them (and Oxford City) a nominal fee as a bit of goodwill to “compensate” them for their “development time” rather than official EPPP compensation.  If that includes any add-ons I don’t know.  It’s possible that there aren’t any!  If Scott does move, I’ll be checking Guernsey and Tony Vance’s tweets to see if they mention anything!!!

Last night was the first time I wondered whether a sell and loan-back might be a possibility.

3 hours ago, TheReds said:

You'd hope the likes of Guernsey would be getting something when he goes, even if it isn't in any contract.

I would certainly like us to show some generosity as it would enhance our links with them.

• Like 1