IGNORED

Assuming he goes

James54De

2 hours ago, Hazelboy said:

Going to walk from the pub with a flare then watch the players get off the coach?

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

Will you boo?

I'm gonna mutter absolute pelters when I'm watching Robins TV. I won't hold back!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 11/01/2023 at 17:49, NcnsBcfc said:

If Wolves want a deal, I think there is one to be done. It'll just be around future considerations (£17-18 m up front with possible £10m add ons?). Who knows, but maybe we stretch the fee to make any future FFP issues less pressing (Lloyd Kelly anyone).

I agree. I think £20-25m for Scott seems over-ambitious based on his contribution right now. He doesn't get enough goals/assists and isn't a Kante-type MF who justifies that fee with other attributes imo.

What they are paying for really is potential. So a lower up-front fee of say £15m but with lots of add ons in case he reaches the potential he seems to have seems more realistic to me. But what do I know. ?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

The way he was greeted by NP when subbed, and a wave to the South Stand from the halfway line, could it be the end of his City career?

Not being pessimistic, just realistic. Actually I hope I'm talking a big load of rubbish.

I have it on good authority* that Gould got a message to Nigel that we had accepted a £25m bid 5 minutes earlier so he'd better sub him or else.

*No I don't

• Haha 7
  • Robin 1

On 14/01/2023 at 18:57, cidered abroad said:

The way he was greeted by NP when subbed, and a wave to the South Stand from the halfway line, could it be the end of his City career?

Not being pessimistic, just realistic. Actually I hope I'm talking a big load of rubbish.

Yes I noticed that too. There did seem a bit of a farewell wave and clap to all parts of the ground and NP's reception as he came off. I hope not, but it will happen soon and we need the money for new players 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

According to an interview on BBC Guernsey we are not looking to sell and have offered AS a new contract to extend beyond the current 2.5 years left

Speaking to BBC Radio Guernsey, Bristol City owner Steve Lansdown said the club were not looking to sell Guernsey-born Scott.

"He's attracting attention as you'd expect but he's signed for Bristol City for another two and a half years too," Lansdown said.

"We're keen to extend that further and he's got a contract offer on the table, but we know there'll be people interested in Alex.

"We're not looking to sell him so he's a Bristol City player and that's the end of the story at the moment."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64295375

• Thanks 4

9 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Speaking to BBC Radio Guernsey, Bristol City owner Steve Lansdown said the club were not looking to sell Guernsey-born Scott.

"He's attracting attention as you'd expect but he's signed for Bristol City for another two and a half years too," Lansdown said.

"We're keen to extend that further and he's got a contract offer on the table, but we know there'll be people interested in Alex.

"We're not looking to sell him so he's a Bristol City player and that's the end of the story at the moment."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64295375

Steve - you’ve got people in the club to discuss players and contracts.  It’s your money, but remember your place! ?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Nice story from Lansdown but there is zero chance the lad would sign again and why would he. Heading for the top and not with us.

I guess there’s a possibility that he’s got his head screwed on and knows he needs another year at this level, so why not sign a better deal now.  He knows if the right offer comes in we won’t stop him, we are a selling club.  It’s just a reward for his progress.  Could have an agreed time based release clause.

Not saying it will happen like above.

Could do with similar with Antoine too.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

I guess there’s a possibility that he’s got his head screwed on and knows he needs another year at this level, so why not sign a better deal now.  He knows if the right offer comes in we won’t stop him, we are a selling club.  It’s just a reward for his progress.  Could have an agreed time based release clause.

Not saying it will happen like above.

Could do with similar with Antoine too.

Yes makes sense . Get them on longer contracts with agreed release clause. Surely enables more security and allow city to increase sell value as still under contract . Well seems good planning to me . Although I really do not see Scott bring with us post Jan. Not do sure with Semenyou, his game has kicked up last few games so sure he turning heads mind value going up at same time. What ever happens it's got to be best for the club as a whole. 

10 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

Nice story from Lansdown but there is zero chance the lad would sign again and why would he. Heading for the top and not with us.

I wouldn’t say zero chance. Slim for sure.  The offer is probably a huge increase in salary.  He could sign that, earn, say, double his current salary for 18 months and leave summer 2024.  From interviews he seems pretty determined not to go somewhere and never play.  Personally though I think he could start now for half a dozen premier league clubs mind you! 

1 hour ago, DaveF said:

Does it really matter when we have Gould communicating so well? Hopefully the same for the new CEO.

How often has Gould spoken on transfers/contracts/finances in general? I'm aware of a radio interview when he first joined and then the one last week but has there been more than that?

9 minutes ago, mozo said:

How often has Gould spoken on transfers/contracts/finances in general? I'm aware of a radio interview when he first joined and then the one last week but has there been more than that?

He also discussed things at the fans forum.

Probably not much more to report than what we've heard.

10 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

Looks like we have at last learned from some of our past mistakes and are no longer a easy target for clubs looking to get our players for a song. I know nearly all clubs are selling clubs but the reason we never seem to progress beyond Championship standard is because we keep losing our better players, if only we could hold on to some of them for long enough to get to the top flight it might be us poaching promising players. I hope I live long enough to see us nick Bournemouth's best player off them god it annoys me that they are in a position to tempt away our best players. 

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

16 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

Wow that’s interesting,,, and broke by the post instead of whats on here! Getting scott extended will only push the orice up but im sure there will be a clause inserted with an agreed price if he is to be sold?

5 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Wow that’s interesting,,, and broke by the post instead of whats on here! Getting scott extended will only push the orice up but im sure there will be a clause inserted with an agreed price if he is to be sold?

not so sure, that article was 9.10 this morning, I put that on here last night from a BBC quote

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1