IGNORED

Assuming he goes

James54De

6 minutes ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

The only person it matters to is Max and if he's happy the numbers are irrelevant to us, why its always 10K I don't know 10K was a lot of money in football 20 years ago, now its the low end.  The current championship average is ~£35k that is skewed towards forwards and midfielders, sadly for goalkeepers 11K is about the norm for a keeper, I would imagine Max is set for a new deal now he's essentially #1 and he will go from being on fairly low salary for a junior keeper to closer to that 10K I doubt he will make 10K though as that's the top end for a championship keeper.

If Max was on 10k a week here, we'd be looking to either negotiate or to get rid. Simple as that. 

There is no money in the Championship anymore so 10k is now seen as a lot again. 

Moving forward were not going to have many players on 10k+ a week I imagine.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

If Max was on 10k a week here, we'd be looking to either negotiate or to get rid. Simple as that. 

There is no money in the Championship anymore so 10k is now seen as a lot again. 

10k is not a lot of money even in a broke Championship, too much for Max I agree but still not a lot as an average.   10m is roughly what our wage bill should be, that's about 7K per week for a 30 man squad, obviously we pay some first teamers way more than others and the squad is a lot smaller than 30.  We also don't have parachute payments so your Norwich's etc have much higher scope for wages and skew the average in the league.

Edited by Lorenzos Only Goal

52 minutes ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

The current championship average is ~£35k that is skewed towards forwards and midfielders, sadly for goalkeepers 11K is about the norm for a keeper,

The Championship average salary around the time covid struck was just shy of £14k per week (£720k per annum).  It is what the proposed salary cap was to be based on.  It’ll be lower now.

You may well be getting confused with the ambiguous article that had an average of the highest paid player across each Champ club.

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

The Championship average salary around the time covid struck was just shy of £14k per week (£720k per annum).  It is what the proposed salary cap was to be based on.  It’ll be lower now.

You may well be getting confused with the ambiguous article that had an average of the highest paid player across each Champ club.

Quite feasibly it just always amuses me that this number of 10K always pops up.   

1 hour ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

What do you think our Upper cap in the near future would be- £15k?

I can tell you one player who signed a new contract within the past year, who is deemed as one of the “youngsters” having spent lots of time on the peripheral of the first team squad (with League Loans) ,and now having made himself a established name in the team nearly quadrupled his old wage to roughly one third of what some people think O’Leary is on……

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

4 hours ago, brad blit said:

I can tell you one player who signed a new contract within the past year, who is deemed as one of the “youngsters” having spent lots of time on the peripheral of the first team squad (with League Loans) ,and now having made himself a established name in the team nearly quadrupled his old wage to roughly one third of what some people think O’Leary is on……

You’re talking Tommy, I presume. 

6 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Anyone wanna make this thread hot just to give other people kittens when they click the transfer thread? Devious but funny. 

Need the new posts to look as though we've been discussing it for ages and it's a done deal, eg - 

FFS how could we have let him a £5m release clause! And f$5k ing Bournemouth again!! Wish it wasn't such a credible source.