IGNORED

Assuming he goes

James54De

13 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I’ve no idea, but think I’ve replied before saying the likelihood is that with Guernsey falling outside of the EPPP structure, that we bunged them a few quid when we signed him and that’ll be that.  We paid a nominal fee for Ewan Clark from Oxford City in the summer.  An act of goodwill I’m guessing, plus might’ve been on a contract there.

I would have thought that Steve has enough good grace to see them OK when Alex does go whether we`re obliged to or not. I doubt we`ll ever find out for sure though.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dolman Block B said:

Only until the transfer window opens in the summer.

He is being touted by big clubs and quite frankly someone will pay 20 million plus.

Hate to say it but for that money he has to go.

It’s gotta be more than Webster’s fee, which was what £22m?

I know it’s absolutely mental, but I’d be looking at nearly £30m to even consider it.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

It’s gotta be more than Webster’s fee, which was what £22m?

I know it’s absolutely mental, but I’d be looking at nearly £30m to even consider it.

Agree. Think the Webster fee will be blown out the water. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, glynriley said:

Agree. Think the Webster fee will be blown out the water. 

I remember thinking that the Webster fee was a bit OTT but Brighton have got great value out of that deal. He should arguably be at a bigger club and getting games for England.

I just wonder if we finish this season strongly, perhaps Scott might be persuaded to stay and push us towards the prem. Or is it that we need to sell him to enable us to fund our prem dream. If we keep selling our family silver, promotion might never happen. Oh to be a Bristol City fan.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

21 hours ago, marmite said:

I just wonder if we finish this season strongly, perhaps Scott might be persuaded to stay and push us towards the prem. Or is it that we need to sell him to enable us to fund our prem dream. If we keep selling our family silver, promotion might never happen. Oh to be a Bristol City fan.

His market value will never be higher than it is this summer unless he signs a new contract so I'd be surprised if he was here after the next window.

Assuming he does move in the summer - Whilst I'd love to see him get a move to a big/top end of the table club it's probably better for us if he goes to somewhere more mid table. I'm ignoring for this point the merits for him as a player, where he'd get more game time etc. And just thinking we we probably get between £20-£30m wherever he goes and it will likely include a sell on. So better for the club if he goes someone more mid-table does well and gets sold again.

1 hour ago, BCFC Rich said:

Assuming he does move in the summer - Whilst I'd love to see him get a move to a big/top end of the table club it's probably better for us if he goes to somewhere more mid table. I'm ignoring for this point the merits for him as a player, where he'd get more game time etc. And just thinking we we probably get between £20-£30m wherever he goes and it will likely include a sell on. So better for the club if he goes someone more mid-table does well and gets sold again.

True but on the flip side if we truly believe he can go to the very top, selling to a top 4/6 club opens up league, champions league and  international add-ones, which can also be lucrative. 

I’d still rather keep him regardless of price but unfortunately, it’s not going to happen. 

• Like 1

I do genuinely think Dortmund may come in for him. To think Jude had 3/4 of a good season in the champ and he was bought for 20 odd million, and scott has 1 average game, 3 very good games and one motm game every 5 games, and has for the last 1 and a half year, give or take playing in his natural position now. A euro 19s win under his belt and one of the few, if any contracted to a club not in the prem from that team. Played 60 championship games at the age of 19. This lads going to the top. Cant wait to see his rise and knowing he was found by Tinman. 

13 hours ago, Lew-T said:

What club is realistic for Alex Scott? Take the City specs off for one moment… Could he slot into a top half Premier League side?

He’s too good to be bought and loaned back out isn’t he? The boy is ready.

Brighton makes a lot of sense IMO. They’re flush with cash, likely to sell Caicedo for another huge fee, their scouting is top drawer, and he’d be a natural replacement for Caicedo. 

The only way he stays beyond the summer is if he gets a long-term injury or we make a late charge for the play-offs and sneak up. If he continues his current form, surely offers start at £30m?

13 hours ago, Lew-T said:

What club is realistic for Alex Scott? Take the City specs off for one moment… Could he slot into a top half Premier League side?

He’s too good to be bought and loaned back out isn’t he? The boy is ready.

If he went to most Prem teams he’d be in their first XI by Xmas, in my opinion.  Dortmund would be a good move obviously but other than the squads with loads of midfielders on their books (Chelsea, Arsenal) he should back himself.  

23 minutes ago, tin said:

Brighton makes a lot of sense IMO. They’re flush with cash, likely to sell Caicedo for another huge fee, their scouting is top drawer, and he’d be a natural replacement for Caicedo. 

The only way he stays beyond the summer is if he gets a long-term injury or we make a late charge for the play-offs and sneak up. If he continues his current form, surely offers start at £30m?

Been saying Brighton for a while.

They have a chance of playing in Europe, are in the best possible place financially & he’d also have a realistic prospect of being a regular.

Not too far from home, either.

The post that said enjoy him for the next few months was spot on, he won’t be here by August.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Can see him ending up somewhere like Palace, Brighton or West Ham. 

Palace wouldn't pay what we want, Brighton or West Ham are realistic especially if Rice and Caicedo move for mega bucks in the summer and from our perspective would mean there is a potentially chunky sell on if one of the big 6 take him in a couple of years. I think Spurs are the ones he may end up at though, it's his boyhood club and they have a settled midfield with Hojberg and Bentancur so no pressure straight away gives him a chance to settle in. The Lansdown/Levy negotiations would be fun for everyone as well

51 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

I agree. Few years at Dortmund, where they seem to improve young players consistently, then move to one of the very top clubs, with a hefty sell on for us. I'd rather he stayed with us though!

Believe it or not, not sure if it was mentioned on here - but Dortmund were keeping tabs on one of our players but it wasn’t Scott. They were looking at Semenyo last year 

56 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Believe it or not, not sure if it was mentioned on here - but Dortmund were keeping tabs on one of our players but it wasn’t Scott. They were looking at Semenyo last year 

Not sure if that’s true or just conjecture because Otto Addo, the Ghana manager, is also Talent Consultant for Dortmund.  2+2 could equal 4 or 5 on this one.

5 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

Can see him ending up somewhere like Palace, Brighton or West Ham. 

Honestly think if he continues his current form, maybe adds a few more goals to his tally between now and the end of the season, and puts in a performance against Man C then we're looking at a move to one of the "big 6". I believe they are all "interested". 

Brighton possibly IF they get into Europe. 

Spurs still makes the most sense given the connection between Guernsey and Spurs. If they get rid of Conte (and they surely will) then I could see that one happening. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Honestly think if he continues his current form, maybe adds a few more goals to his tally between now and the end of the season, and puts in a performance against Man C then we're looking at a move to one of the "big 6". I believe they are all "interested". 

Brighton possibly IF they get into Europe. 

Spurs still makes the most sense given the connection between Guernsey and Spurs. If they get rid of Conte (and they surely will) then I could see that one happening. 

Would be an incredible move for him. The hope will be though that when he does move on - he is given the opportunity of game time. He is a special talent but that’s a huge jump going to someone like Spurs 

On 05/02/2023 at 12:31, Lanterne Rouge said:

I would have thought that Steve has enough good grace to see them OK when Alex does go whether we`re obliged to or not. I doubt we`ll ever find out for sure though.

Exactly. City have taken two kids and one at least is going to be a superstar. City will not want to mess up that association. Thus If anyone thinks that Guernsey and or Guernsey FC won’t get some substantial benefit of a big move, contracted or not, is way off! 

Edited by REDOXO
  • Like 3

50 minutes ago, OliOTIB said:

At least 4/5 teams will bid for him in the summer. If they meet the asking price, I hope the lad is sensible enough to choose the right team for him to develop further. (i.e not spurs)

Agree with you 100%.

Although, being a boyhood Spurs fan could sway his decision.

Edited by Spudgun

37 minutes ago, OliOTIB said:

At least 4/5 teams will bid for him in the summer. If they meet the asking price, I hope the lad is sensible enough to choose the right team for him to develop further. (i.e not spurs)

It would be really interesting to see if any foreign teams bid for him, given the uptick in success for young English players going abroad over the last few seasons.

• Like 2