IGNORED

I don’t think the Luton chairman like us

Silvio Dante

1 hour ago, Portland Bill said:

Why are a lot of our fans paranoid, I can’t see anything untoward in what he says. 

51 minutes ago, DaveF said:

Wow our fans are sensitive aren't they? Can't see anything wrong with what he's written to be honest...

Agree. I can’t really see what the problem is with it. 

If it’s having a dig at anyone anywhere it seems to me it’s ‘the media’ - presumably local.

If anyone is looking for graceless and bitter then the place to look would be to read some of the comments about Luton on OTIB. 

• Like 2
  • Flames 2

6 minutes ago, Super said:

Also spent a lot of years in the top league and won a major trophy. 

Yep, 35 years ago with a top average attendance of 13k but normally between 9-10k

More lately, five years in the National League and five in League 2. 

Tinpot little outfit.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Flames 1

28 minutes ago, CiderJar said:

Yes. I'm amazed that a chairman does not realise that released accounts are generally for the season before the one we are currently in. He's not really got his finger on the pulse has he?

Oh I'm sure he knows full well, but it suits the narrative that he's trying to push.

All a bit odd really.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Yep, 35 years ago with a top average attendance of 13k but normally between 9-10k

Tinpot little outfit.

I don't get what your point is. They are a smaller club but have achieved more than a lot of teams. Fair play to them.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Tinpot little outfit.

And based in probably Britain's most horrible town.  Seriously, are there any worse? Blackburn? Stevenage? Newport? Wrexham? Mansfield?   It's certainly in the Premier League for grot. 

Edited by Red-Robbo
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Tinpot little outfit.

But a “tinpot little outfit” who on the pitch were better than us in every single department last night. 

7 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

And based in probably the Britain's most horrible town.  Seriously, is there any worse? Blackburn? Stevenage? Newport? Wrexham? Mansfield?   It's certainly in the Premier League for grot. 

Just be grateful Port Talbot aren't in the league ?

Edited by Super
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, italian dave said:

But a “tinpot little outfit” who on the pitch were better than us in every single department last night. 

Agreed.

And so were we when we beat them earlier in the season.

But I don't see what that has to do with my opinion that they are a tinpot little outfit.

• Like 3

Just now, Barrs Court Red said:

Barrow, and it’s not even close.

Good point. We have a premier league winner.

Hall of fame (in my opinion) UK grotty league:

PL Clubs:  Winner - Croydon (Palace) r/up Wolverhampton

Championship:  Winner - Luton r/up Blackpool

L1:  Winner - Barnsley r/up Peterborough

L2:  Winner - Barrow r/up Hartlepool

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Bolton and Huddersfield must have been close!

3 hours ago, GrahamC said:

They are remarkably successful at recruitment but a lot of their supporters seem to be suffering from delusions of grandeur.

They are punching above their weight but why they remain so bitter about the eternal truth that players will go elsewhere for better wages is baffling.

They certainly lack class, but if you’ve employed Nathan Jones twice that’s not exactly a surprise.

Not bitter at all.Regarding Kal,he was great for us but when he left he went about it in the wrong way way saying things like i want to play for the best manager in the league,why say such petty things??? As for Harry,great player on his day but does drift in and out,will always give 100% and a top bloke.Godd luck for the rest of the season.

• Like 1

they were impressive last night in the way they harried and hassled and in those two front guys they have a potent outlet.

We've seen a few clubs actually go up with this urgent, frantic pressing game (Leeds, Brentford)  and it's not entirely out the question that they might make a promotion via the play off's, but those teams were more solidly developed IMO

if they did I would enjoy reading about them getting torn a new a.rsehole on a weekly basis.... :)

36 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Stoke. The area around Port Vale's ground in particular.

Stoke is the worst City in Western Europe not just England.

Wouldn’t look out of place in Belarus, absolute shit hole.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Stoke. The area around Port Vale's ground in particular.

Certainly an also-ran. Hull as well, although the Old Town was significantly improved when it became City of Culture.

Hull and Stoke remain the only UK places where the shell suit still is common currency among young people. 

2 hours ago, Bris Red said:

As others have said with their terrible facilities and League 1 fanbase at best it is hard to see Luton sustaining their current trajectory. 

You can only go so far on home gates of 7 thousand and a stadium that is horrendously outdated.

We all know where we are heading as a club and we have finally started to lay the foundations to not only reach the Premier league but having a decent chance of staying there if and when we finally do it. Luton on the other hand need serious investment off the pitch and about 12 thousand more home fans through the turnstiles each week to truly be able to sustain themselves at this level or the level above IMO, if they don’t go up this season i would surprised to see them finish above us next season in the championship..

But from where are they going to fill any new stadium? One has to remember that town is so close to London via motorway and train that the majority of football fans are supporters of the big Premier League teams. Why watch Luton when a half an hour away is quality football in modern stadia? Even Watford, Luton's local derby only pull in just over 20,000 in the Prem.

51 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Certainly an also-ran. Hull as well, although the Old Town was significantly improved when it became City of Culture.

Hull and Stoke remain the only UK places where the shell suit still is common currency among young people. 

Actually Burnley should be top of your list. They love a shell suite there. Looks lovely with a flat cap.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

There is also a good reason why people who only think books are for colouring in vote for monkeys like Jonathan Gullis.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

And Crewe...shudder. I lived there. There's summat in the water!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

I'm not surprised that you see nothing amiss with that article. It's full of bitterness if you can read between the lines. Chairmen should be more graceful than that.

And for the rest of City fans. This is a club that has spent a lot longer in the top league since the war and been to cup finals, not Mickey Mouse ones, than us.

They play a horrible style, but effective. Are well trained in the darker side of things will probably be in the play offs for the second year in a row. If they did go up, they would (dis)grace the Prem for quality of football but would be £100 million better off in one season.

While our massive club, with a superb stadium instead of some people's back yards, will still be stuck in the Championship.

PS. At least our owner has not knowingly cheated the FFP rules like Luton did on their way out of the League a few years ago. And he had the decency to get rid of the worm who did.

I thought they played some nice football, particularly in the first half last night.

2 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Tinpot little outfit.

When was the last time we were in the top flight?