IGNORED

Patrick Vieira

Super

Looking at their record no wins in 11 premier league games (5D 6L), however 9/11 of the games were against top 8 clubs and the other 2 were away against Chelsea (10th) and Villa (11th). And they're playing Arsenal this weekend too so very bizarre run of fixtures. Unless some stuff happening internally then I think its a little harsh.

Edited by Baba Yaga
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Baba Yaga said:

Looking at their record no wins in 11 premier league games (5D 6L), however 9/11 of the games were against top 8 clubs and the other 2 were away against Chelsea (10th) and Villa (11th). And they're playing Arsenal this weekend too so very bizarre run of fixtures. Unless some stuff happening internally then I think its a little harsh.

Very odd timing you would think with an international break coming up they would have waited until after the game on Sunday.

Doesn’t surprise me. 

Thought by in the January transfer window, when they hadn’t strengthened their attack, they could be in serious trouble.

The game’s changed now. You’ve got to have goal scorers in your team. Palace, Leeds and Soton have little in attack. Makes you very vulnerable imo. Don’t think the old approach of build a team from the back applies anymore. It’s the opposite. Start with the ‘goals for’, then look at the defence.

Bournemouth, many’s favourites for the drop, have goals in them. May well survive because of that.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RedRock said:

Doesn’t surprise me. 

Thought by in the January transfer window, when they hadn’t strengthened their attack, they could be in serious trouble.

The game’s changed now. You’ve got to have goal scorers in your team. Palace, Leeds and Soton have little in attack. Makes you very vulnerable imo. Don’t think the old approach of build a team from the back applies anymore. It’s the opposite. Start with the ‘goals for’, then look at the defence.

Bournemouth, many’s favourites for the drop, have goals in them. May well survive because of that.

This season Leeds have scored 31, Bournemouth 6 fewer???

Just now, Super said:

Very odd timing you would think with an international break coming up they would have waited until after the game on Sunday.

Their last 10 games after the international break couldn't be much kinder. Lots of pts to be had here...

Leicester H, Leeds A, Southampton A, Everton H, Wolves A, West Ham H, Spurs A, Bournemouth H, Fulham A, Forest H

I would be interested to know what the players think about this because I can see this unsettling them if they still wanted him, presumably their fans are not very happy either. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

This season Leeds have scored 31, Bournemouth 6 fewer???

Ahh, don’t let facts get in the way of making a ‘good’ point.

Bournemouth goals were much better one’s … and I was thinking more goals scored in the remainder of the season. Bournemouth will score more. Now, disprove that!

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, RedRock said:

Doesn’t surprise me. 

Personally I think the bottom 3 as it stands today is how it will finish

46 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Personally I think the bottom 3 as it stands today is how it will finish

You may well be right but I still think Forest will go down. -26 goal difference means they are effectively a point worse off than most teams down there.

37 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

You may well be right but I still think Forest will go down. -26 goal difference means they are effectively a point worse off than most teams down there.

Really hope so, for so many reasons.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Amazing they aren't in the bottom 3 having only scored 4 away goals all season!

5 hours ago, Super said:

Amazing they aren't in the bottom 3 having only scored 4 away goals all season!

Wow, only four. Might seem a lot by the time we get there mind! Makes me more surprised that they could make more of a stab at getting Antonie - I guess they have a lack of immediate funds. Pity, as all he's doing at Bournemouth is warming his backside.

Edited by Sleepy1968