IGNORED

New deal for Tanner

OliOTIB

1 minute ago, cidercity1987 said:

Great news, he has progressed so well this season and will only get better

He certainly has developed well just as Bell, Conway, and Sykes have - an impressive reflection on the quality of Nige and his coaching team.

Had Wilson not got injured it’s very likely that he’d have progressed just as the others have.

4 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Great news. Lad is improving every week. We are no longer susceptible to numerous crosses coming in from that side like we were when Hunt was RB. 

The lad's a huge improvement on Hunt who I thought was pretty poor his entire time here.

Like Mark Sykes he is very much the template for our recruitment now.

£300k for a League Two player who was only 20 when we signed him.

He’s a grafter who isn’t afraid of a tackle, with him, Max, Cam & hopefully Zak we are building a good young defence at minimal cost.

Delighted for him, seems a lovely bloke too.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

He’s a grafter who isn’t afraid of a tackle, with him, Max, Cam & hopefully Zak we are building a good young defence at minimal cost.

Indeed - and according to she who must be obeyed, perfect son in-law material ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

And potentially shows how a clear identity can help the recruitment team find the right players…this was very much one found by the team.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, LondonBristolian said:

Genuinely took me a moment to try and work out why we were talking about Nicky Hunt before I realised the obvious...

I erased him from my memory and now I am having flashbacks. This club should never sign a 'Hunt' again.

• Haha 2

Great news for George and great news for the club. He has become a very dependant full back which is what we’ve wanted for years and he will only get better. One of those players that you don’t realise the impact he has until he’s not in the team. Zak didn’t look as effective on Wednesday without him there. He seems a very likeable young man as well. I’m really liking our recruitment when it comes to characters, it’s a very underrated part of the recruitment process.

Credit to Tins and the staff for getting deals like this done. Hopefully Zak next.

• Like 1

On 17/03/2023 at 13:08, Robbored said:

He certainly has developed well just as Bell, Conway, and Sykes have - an impressive reflection on the quality of Nige and his coaching team.

Had Wilson not got injured it’s very likely that he’d have progressed just as the others have.

On what I have seen ( not a lot I admit ) and from what I have heard it really wouldn’t surprise me if we didn’t see much of Wilson and goes down as a poor signing .