IGNORED

"His Arm is an Unnatural Position"

Port Said Red

Not sure how anyone could say it wasn't a penalty, its obvious.

Also, if the ref gives the penalty, the player has to have a red card for stopping a goal scoring opportunity, thats pretty obvious as well.

As for Mitrovic, he's just a **** who's cost them the game.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Not sure how anyone could say it wasn't a penalty, its obvious.

Also, if the ref gives the penalty, the player has to have a red card for stopping a goal scoring opportunity, thats pretty obvious as well.

As for Mitrovic, he's just a **** who's cost them the game.

This is where the rule is wrong

Sent off for stopping a goal scoring opportunity BUT they are given a penalty so still have that opportunity

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Maltshoveller said:

Sent off for stopping a goal scoring opportunity BUT they are given a penalty so still have that opportunity

Which they might miss.

If the red card rule wasn't in place you'd have loads of hand balls on the line with players knowing they can stop a certain goal with no punishment and the keeper may save a penalty.

Red card every time.

• Like 7

I thought that todays rules were if it hits your hand in the box it’s a penalty - whether you have your hand out or not - you could have your back to the ball and it hits your hand it’s still a pen. 
The old ‘ball to hand’ rule no longer exists. 
A red card is for when the referee thinks it was deliberate. 
If it’s accidental then it’s just unfortunate - it’s still a penalty- but at least you won’t get sent off!!!

Thats my understanding anyway - I might be wrong…..

4 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Which they might miss.

If the red card rule wasn't in place you'd have loads of hand balls on the line with players knowing they can stop a certain goal with no punishment and the keeper may save a penalty.

Red card every time.

Yes they might miss it but it is still an opportunity

For me it is a penalty but should only be yellow

4 minutes ago, Maltshoveller said:

It was more than a goalscoring opportunity had he not deliberately handballed it it would've been a goal. It's all very well saying that by awarding a penalty it has provided another goalscoring opportunity but that opportunity could be missed, thus if players aren't sent off for preventing a goal by foul means it would encourage all players to become second goalkeepers if the official keeper is beaten in the hope that the resultant penalty would be missed.

• Like 3

I have personal experience of this as in our over 50s hybrid of Walking Football just a few weeks ago I had a shot that was going in the top corner and had beaten the keeper all ends up. A defender then dived with his arm outstretched and saved it with his hand on the line. 

Of course, in our football, we cannot go sending players off who have paid to play. So no other punitive measures bar a penalty was awarded which a teammate then walloped against the post and it was cleared. We lost 2-1 but we had a certain goal prevented by foul means and were given a goalscoring opportunity, which was missed, and nothing else in response. 

The guilty party seemed to be embarrassed by what he had done as he is fairly new to our group and hopefully it won't happen again, but if it does we will have to entertain the unpalatable prospect of sending off players who have paid like everyone else to play who deliberately stop certain goals by foul means as otherwise it might become the norm.