IGNORED

"His Arm is an Unnatural Position"

Port Said Red

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

Unless you are Man Utd at Old Trafford apparently. 

Clearly a handball, he even moved his hand! Red card is a given, whether its against Man Utd, Liverpool, Barcelona or Bristol Rovers.

As for Mitrovic, bar Di Canio, that has to be one of the most stupid sendings off of all time. At one point I thought he was going to turn around and thump someone!!!

Surely a fine is likely for Fulham now, as two players AND the manager all sent off within minutes of each other. Absolutely ridiculous as the game was their's to lose, and up to then were the better side.

Edited by Taz
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

My main question would be why the ref needed VAR to tell him it was handball, one of the more obvious ones you'll see.

Always going to be red in that situation and then Mitrovic's head went, I suspect partly because he knew they should have been out of sight by that point.

Probably because he isn’t watching the incident from a tv camera giving a view that he will never have. If he has the use of about 15 camera angles  rather than the ‘one’ he had, he is going to use them. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, WECANDO said:

It was a def handball to prevent a goal. So he had to be sent off. As for Mitrovic, he should be band for months not games for that threatening behaviour.

I agree he should have a real long ban

but as i said in another post

Bruno should also have been done for pushing the linesman v Liverpool

• Like 1

14 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Not sure how anyone could say it wasn't a penalty, its obvious.

Almost every referee in a Bristol City game could easily do so.

If it was against us, obviously!

11 hours ago, Swede said:

Not sure how the manager and centre forward can argue about the decision. Can you tell me any time where a ref has looked back at the remonstrating player and said "hang on mate, you have a point" It's what is totally wrong with football, dissent.

Roy Kean is well qualified to  elaborate on this point!

The Man U "posse" was a common site during Fergie's reign. That, and fear of incurring Fergie's wrath,  certainly caused Man U to get more than their share of decisions at that time.

image.thumb.png.4907b51fc73fca6c987adf81dd288106.png

1 hour ago, Super said:

You have to set an example. 10 game ban.

Bailey Wright won;t be happy with that!

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

I am not usually in favour of making an example of someone but here it is totally justified.

We know that amateur players copy the behaviour of the pros and that refs at the lower levels are in fear of their safety with violence against officials on the increase.

It was only a push but Mitrovic should get a long ban and all clubs reminded of their responsibilities about aggressive behaviour including screaming into the face of officials. No ref, no game. Set the example at the top level.

In balance, refs just need to be careful with their body language. When issuing cards do it in a calm manner rather than some type of rigid salute which exaggerates their authority. Sometimes a smile and a quiet word goes a long way to diffuse an angry situation.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

33 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

I am not usually in favour of making an example of someone but here it is totally justified.

We know that amateur players copy the behaviour of the pros and that refs at the lower levels are in fear of their safety with violence against officials on the increase.

It was only a push but Mitrovic should get a long ban and all clubs reminded of their responsibilities about aggressive behaviour including screaming into the face of officials. No ref, no game. Set the example at the top level.

In balance, refs just need to be careful with their body language. When issuing cards do it in a calm manner rather than some type of rigid salute which exaggerates their authority. Sometimes a smile and a quiet word goes a long way to diffuse an angry situation.

De Canio received an 11 match ban for pushing the ref after being sent off, although I think the fact that the ref fell over exacerbated the incident.

2 hours ago, downendcity said:

De Canio received an 11 match ban for pushing the ref after being sent off, although I think the fact that the ref fell over exacerbated the incident.

Unfortunately for him he wasn't playing for Manchester United at the t8me!

3 hours ago, Midred said:

If only Mitrovic had been sent off for some of his antics in previous games -  diving, fouling in the penalty area and others!

Yep ............your right, he is the only player in the entire Premiership who ever antics, dives, fouls  and ........  (others??)  ?

On 19/03/2023 at 20:27, Maltshoveller said:

I agree he should have a real long ban

but as i said in another post

Bruno should also have been done for pushing the linesman v Liverpool

Mitrovic charged with violent and improper behaviour!

How lucky was Bruno to get away with nothing?

14 hours ago, downendcity said:

Roy Kean is well qualified to  elaborate on this point!

The Man U "posse" was a common site during Fergie's reign. That, and fear of incurring Fergie's wrath,  certainly caused Man U to get more than their share of decisions at that time.

image.thumb.png.4907b51fc73fca6c987adf81dd288106.png

Bailey Wright won;t be happy with that!

That pic of the Man Utd players surrounding the ref is sickening. It just goes to show how ingrained this sort of thing is that it has been going on for so long. 

FWIW, my son plays grassroots football and has been since he was 7 (he’s 15 now). This season the attitude of many players towards the refs is getting visibly worse. Also players diving or standing waving their arms rather than just getting on with the game if they think they’ve been fouled. It might be partially the players’ age but it’s replicating what they see in the professional game. Very sad to see. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Midred said:

Mitrovic charged with violent and improper behaviour!

How lucky was Bruno to get away with nothing?

To me, it seems Mitrovic is being made an example of for this. What he did is wrong but plenty of other players have done similar and got away with it (fernandes). Just watch any PL game and see how many players touch officials and nothing is done.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

To me, it seems Mitrovic is being made an example of for this. What he did is wrong but plenty of other players have done similar and got away with it (fernandes). Just watch any PL game and see how many players touch officials and nothing is done.

Yeah - I'd agree with this. I'm not defending Mitrovic, and I've no idea what he said and whether that was a factor, but it does seem inconsistent. 

44 minutes ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

⬇️⬇️⬇️

39 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Yeah - I'd agree with this. I'm not defending Mitrovic, and I've no idea what he said and whether that was a factor, but it does seem inconsistent. 

He doesn’t need to be made an example of, he just needs to be dealt with properly.  There are precedents, e.g. Di Canio to fall back on.  It is obviously not a “normal foul” red card, because he pushed the ref.  He should be treated the same way as any other player who has pushed an official and got red carded.