IGNORED

"His Arm is an Unnatural Position"

Port Said Red

On 20/03/2023 at 09:49, Northern Red said:

The "penalty" that Fulham are claiming they should have had yesterday was him kicking into the defender and throwing himself to the floor.

You just described almost all of Ivan Toney’s career there.

Most of Brentford’s penalties (& they get loads) are like this.

Massive cheat.

10 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

⬇️⬇️⬇️

He doesn’t need to be made an example of, he just needs to be dealt with properly.  There are precedents, e.g. Di Canio to fall back on.  It is obviously not a “normal foul” red card, because he pushed the ref.  He should be treated the same way as any other player who has pushed an official and got red carded.

If this is the way they're going then it's got to be  done consistently particularly where var is in use. There can be no favouritism to clubs or players. Where var isn't used there are enough match officials to witness what happens. Why did that linesman not report Fernandes?

• Flames 1

1 hour ago, Midred said:

If this is the way they're going then it's got to be  done consistently particularly where var is in use. There can be no favouritism to clubs or players. Where var isn't used there are enough match officials to witness what happens. Why did that linesman not report Fernandes?

I didn’t want to bring Bruno Fernandes into it, in case I was accused of Liverpool / Man Utd bias.  But how the hell did he get away with that?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Davefevs said:

⬇️⬇️⬇️

He doesn’t need to be made an example of, he just needs to be dealt with properly.  There are precedents, e.g. Di Canio to fall back on.  It is obviously not a “normal foul” red card, because he pushed the ref.  He should be treated the same way as any other player who has pushed an official and got red carded.

I see what you did there!

• Haha 2

What was also wrong with all that went on is the Ref retreated backwards away from the Fulham players - he should have stood still and if they knocked him over then even more would get sent off - players need to show proper respect and accept decisions without losing their heads.

46 minutes ago, Denbury Red said:

What was also wrong with all that went on is the Ref retreated backwards away from the Fulham players - he should have stood still and if they knocked him over then even more would get sent off - players need to show proper respect and accept decisions without losing their heads.

That's easier said than done I would imagine. 

I've never been charged at by a group of angry men at my work thankfully, but I would guess that I would probably take a step or two backwards... 

9 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

Yeah - I'd agree with this. I'm not defending Mitrovic, and I've no idea what he said and whether that was a factor, but it does seem inconsistent. 

8 hours ago, Davefevs said:

⬇️⬇️⬇️

I think it's the overall attitude that is the problem, like I said at the time he looks like he is about to hit the referee which is quite different from other incidents. like the Di Canio one which was more "get out of my way".