IGNORED

Italy v England

Super

England held on. Superb in the 1st half England went into their shell in the 2nd period, with only the hold up play of Kane (England's man of the match) and a couple of runs from Saka showing any positivity. No complaints about the bookings for time wasting and subsequently sending off of Shaw. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Northern Red said:

And breathe.

Something for everyone there, excellent first half and the second was nervy enough to give people things to complain about.

You know what I’m a Southgate fan, we’ve just won away against a team we usually struggle against, yet I am slightly disappointed. Found the second half opening up old wounds around ball retention, and the backs to the wall stuff disguises it a bit.

Still would’ve taken that before the start though

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Gutsy in the second half and saw it out, some real quality defending. Coming out in the second half would have liked to see them display more control, we did the ‘sit back’ thing again, but real quality result.

I think with how non stop this season has been with the world cup , you would think we would of  brought on subs early no matter the result . 

That said I can't remember pickford being troubled that much and we pretty much gifted them their goal .