IGNORED

Italy v England

Super

Just now, BCFCGav said:

I really like this England group. I’ve got a really good feeling about there Euros next summer. Win tonight and that’s qualification almost wrapped up, this is the hardest game on paper by some way!

I think we’re better than we were at the last Euros, with our players still improving rather than declining. And I can’t see anyone stronger than us.

So….semi finals it is.

7 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

This is not a very good Italy team mind. Mancini very lucky to still be there. 

It doesn’t boil down solely to Mancini, mate. Italy are fishing in a shallow pool for talent, and are at their lowest ebb right now. 

2 minutes ago, Gazred said:

Whatever total Kane ends up with for England, I can see it standing for a long time.

Well played Harry, nice to banish the memory of the France game too with a well taken pen.

Nothing will banish the memory of that penalty miss for me. He bottled it when it mattered most IMO. 

• Confused 3

2 minutes ago, Gazred said:

Whatever total Kane ends up with for England, I can see it standing for a long time.

Well played Harry, nice to banish the memory of the France game too with a well taken pen.

He’s 29. His game has never particularly been about pace so he could still be up front for us in 3-4 years.

Whats a realistic target on that basis - 75-80 goals?!

• Like 1

Just now, tin said:

Nothing will banish the memory of that penalty miss for me. He bottled it when it mattered most IMO. 

Nonsense. He struck a football and it didn’t go where he wanted. The “bottle” is being willing to take it in the first place.

If you’re dismissing over 50 goals for England on the strength of one miss…well…grow up.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Nonsense. He struck a football and it didn’t go where he wanted. The “bottle” is being willing to take it in the first place.

If you’re dismissing over 50 goals for England on the strength of one miss…well…grow up.

If you can’t tolerate an opinion that differs to your own, maybe you should have a look in the mirror. 

I prefer someone who’d have stuck that penalty in when it mattered over their individual record any day IMO.

As for talk of redemption, he doesn’t gain that in a meaningless qualifier IMO; he gains that by doing it a knockout game at a major tournament. 

Edited by tin

13 minutes ago, tin said:

It doesn’t boil down solely to Mancini, mate. Italy are fishing in a shallow pool for talent, and are at their lowest ebb right now. 

Yeah the stat earlier about having 3 teams in the QF of the champions league, but only 7 players in those teams that are eligible to play for Italy. That is staggering.

3 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

True, literally have no strikers. As I say that, they score.... !!

3 Italian teams left in the Champions League with a combined number of 7 Italian players playing for them.. and people say we have problems in England with the amount of foreigners in the Prem. Italy seemingly have it much worse in the Serie A..

10 minutes ago, tin said:

If you can’t tolerate an opinion that differs to your own, maybe you should have a look in the mirror. 

I prefer someone who’d have stuck that penalty in when it mattered over their individual record any day IMO.

As for talk of redemption, he doesn’t gain that in a meaningless qualifier IMO; he gains that by doing it a knockout game at a major tournament. 

Eh? What are you on about “tolerating an opinion”?! It’s called disagreeing with you.

Kane has scored plenty “when it mattered”. Not least of all in the shoot out at a Euros final in front of his own fans. He just happened to miss that one.

A qualifier away against a likely rival for a qualification place is not “meaningless” by the way.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bris Red said:

Maguire losing the ball, this playing out from the back bollox causes so many needless issues.

It does, but Maguire has to do better with that pass. Not a difficult ball. Then typical Maguire trying to make good his mistake charges in without control, gets booked and leaves his man with a free run on goal. 

Needs to repay that with a slab-head finish from one of our corners.