IGNORED

Everton FFP- yes

Mr Popodopolous

On 04/01/2024 at 09:00, KingHillRed said:

Did Bournemouth ever launch an appeal against their relegation in 19/20 after the Villa 'error' which would have meant they were relegated instead?

Blinking despise Villa too

With regards the FFP and Man City in particular, I wonder if there is enough external pressure from fans alike that means that if they are found guilty, they will have to apply a Everton style points deduction 

Good question. They never did iirc! Not even for compensation, never mind some sort of retrospective change.

Points deduction for Man City won't cut it. If they are found guilty of all they are accused of..I dread to think.

8 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

In respect of Everton, I see a lot of them on my Twitter feed.

By Christ how they moan, how they whine. Apparently VAR and officials and Uncle Tom Cobley and all, all against them- biased.

Really hope they go down.

Whining entitled scousers.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Natchfever said:

Really hope they go down.

Whining entitled scousers.

I used to not mind Everton but wow their reaction to a merited and luckily times for them (2021-22 or 2022-23 and they absolutely go down IMO) is really hard to fathom.

Yes they've circled the drain for a while now.

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I used to not mind Everton but wow their reaction to a merited and luckily times for them (2021-22 or 2022-23 and they absolutely go down IMO) is really hard to fathom.

Yes they've circled the drain for a while now.

I remember their last game if the season 20+(?) Years ago Vs Wimbledon I think it was.

Needing a win to escape they were 2 down and out, but "miraculously" recovered to win. Always thought that game was fishy. 

They seem to live a charmed life 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Gonna drop this here.

doesn't look like it is worth a new thread and on the basis it is all about Premiership finance, seems the most appropriate thread for it.

Just to note that I haven't watched the video yet, but the description sounded like something the number crunchers might be interested in.

• Like 1

On 06/01/2024 at 00:20, Mr Popodopolous said:

Good question. They never did iirc! Not even for compensation, never mind some sort of retrospective change.

Points deduction for Man City won't cut it. If they are found guilty of all they are accused of..I dread to think.

Our survival did not hinge on that single game.

6 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

The likes of Burnley  Luton etc could crash and burn but not an 'institution" such as these cheats.

Luton almost did, with far harsher sanctions than Everton have been near!

I hope they (Everton) fail again and if they get through to last year, go down anyway..EFL FFP with them should be a chance to get the popcorn out, even more so had they gone down in 2022 or 2023.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

On 13/01/2024 at 11:07, Bristol Rob said:

Gonna drop this here.

doesn't look like it is worth a new thread and on the basis it is all about Premiership finance, seems the most appropriate thread for it.

Just to note that I haven't watched the video yet, but the description sounded like something the number crunchers might be interested in.

It sounds very complicated. I didn't know that half the ground capacity is technically a temporary construction. The upper section shouldn't be there as it was only there for Olympic capacity. 

Even their roof is leaking 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Full nelson

I'm surprised that Bournemouth wirh a lower revenue than sides like Wolves, Nottingham Forest and Everton aren't closer to the line I will say. Wolves and Everton £105m, Nottingham Forest £55.5m or £61m, Bournemouth £72m.

Both Nottingham Forest and Bournemouth £83m to this year.

-£32m pre tax 2018-19 (PL, pre Covid)

-£60m pre tax 2019-20 (PL, early Covid)

£17m pre tax profit 2020-21 (Championship, Covid)

(-£21.5m pre tax averaged for Covid).

-£55.5m pre tax 2021-22 (Championship, promotion, normal)

They have lower non TV revenue and lower Upper Loss Thresholds plus lower FFP add-backs ie Youth etc.

5 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Luton almost did, with far harsher sanctions than Everton have been near!

I hope they (Everton) fail again and if they get through to last year, go down anyway..EFL FFP with them should be a chance to get the popcorn out, even more so had they gone down in 2022 or 2023.

And this is why I have zero sympathy. In a weird twist of fate Evertons cheating could bite Luton in the ass. Luton have taken their harsh punishment and not got themselves into a position where a club like Everton is potentially cheating them out of a Premier league place. 

I heard that there isn't much confidence that their take over is going to be approved also? So they'd need to pay back all those loans to 777. 

• Like 1

• Admin
14 hours ago, Markthehorn said:

More trouble for Everton (and Forest ) looming ?

All these teams will be watching how Man City and their 100 charges get dealt with if at all. 

Listening on SSN, it sounds like these Everton charges may be related to what they have already been punished for

Wait the meltdown if it is something additional

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Doh I forgot they got -10 didn't they.

In other words, they seem to think -10, falling to -6 on appeal then -6 for the new sanction.

Which seems too light really if a 2nd fail! Certainly cutting original sanction by 40%.

This is my concern. The original deduction may get reduced because of sympathy about the further punishment. 

In my opinion, a second breach should recieve a harsher punishment because they clearly didn't learn. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

By Christ. This guy is sensible, analytical and possibly has inside track at Everton at times but post the first deduction.. 

Unintelligible?? Eh.

Mental gymnastics.  Eh.

Grand and pompous or what.

I'm struggling to get my head around their argument? Because they have been punished for those years, they expect to exclude those years from the psr calculations? 

Everton and Forest have both accepted that they have breached the FFP rules.

The only decision to be made is sanction.

I have some sympathy for Everton's point, but presumably if they had already agreed the prior year position they could have amended their FFP submission to whatever was agreed.

Edited by Hxj