IGNORED

Everton FFP- yes

Mr Popodopolous

• The title was changed to Everton FFP- yes
13 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

About time.

Well done the PL, their Covid losses were atrocious.  The Stoke of the PL.

If they're guilty I reckon Burnley can sue?

With this following the Man City case I wonder if the prospect of an independent regulator has suddenly woken the PL up?

• Flames 1

14 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Independent regulator isn’t worth a jot mate we all know that

But the mere threat of it has given the EFL and PL the jitters and seems to at least partially be the cause of them starting to actually enforce their rules. So I'd say it is looking like it will be worth it.

People are working to make sure it has teeth, is responsive, and yet also is open to clubs owning up to their mistakes in a transparent manner. 

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

But the mere threat of it has given the EFL and PL the jitters and seems to at least partially be the cause of them starting to actually enforce their rules. So I'd say it is looking like it will be worth it.

People are working to make sure it has teeth, is responsive, and yet also is open to clubs owning up to their mistakes in a transparent manner. 

Stoke, Fulham, possibly Nottingham Forest and perhaps even Aston Villa all have cases to answer then although this one as it ended 2018-19 I dunno if too remote.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

6 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

At least this government have got something right then 

• Like 1

Everton and PL fans in general can be a bit clueless in that rarefied air up there.

Some are saying past sign off, should prevent a deduction but estoppel of varied types may cover that. Or not big enough overspend for a deduction, well at our level from £1-2m was a 3 point deduction on the sliding scale, £2-4m=4 pts etc bet the PL don't have a points formula in place yet.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, joe jordans teeth said:

At least this government have got something right then 

They've still got to draft, debate, and then pass the law. But yes, they've taken the first steps towards it. Thank god Truss went as she was poised to kill the idea of a regulator.

The idea of the regulator has support from all parties. When it is eventually established it will be a credit to the whole of Parliament rather than just the Government of the time.

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Everton and PL fans in general can be a bit clueless in that rarefied air up there.

Some are saying past sign off, should prevent a deduction but estoppel of varied types may cover that. Or not big enough overspend for a deduction, well at our level from £1-2m was a 3 point deduction on the sliding scale, £2-4m=4 pts etc bet the PL don't have a points formula in place yet.

Rare that they ever actually have to read about P&S though isn't it!

• Like 2

Everton fans seem to be talking the talk about a fine only.

Hope they get relegated, a suitably sized points deduction following them down and then the joy of having to fit into EFL FFP with perhaps a £13m adjusted loss next year. 

I assume that Burnley have reserved their rights too.

14 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Everton fans seem to be talking the talk about a fine only.

Hope they get relegated, a suitably sized points deduction following them down and then the joy of having to fit into EFL FFP with perhaps a £13m adjusted loss next year. 

I assume that Burnley have reserved their rights too.

We can only hope Everton and Man City get the whole book thrown at them,I fear it will be only Everton to make a example tho 

Edited by joe jordans teeth
  • Like 2

Just now, joe jordans teeth said:

We can only hope Everton and Ma City get the whole book thrown at them,I fear it will be only Everton to make a example tho 

I hope the whole book and I have problems with assorted other clubs in the top two divisions plus PSG especially in Europe- hopefully all will face justice even if justice delayed is denied and all that.

9 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Fees and wages minimal after selling richarlison for 60 million

Think it's more how 2018-19, the combined average of 2019-20 and 2020-21 fed into the necessary max loss for 2021-22.

Richarlison sale fell into 2021-22 although I'm uncertain on this, hiring and firing Benitez then hiring Lampard won't have come cheap either. Rumoured pre tax losses for last season £70m.

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Think it's more how 2018-19, the combined average of 2019-20 and 2020-21 plus 2021-22 fed into the necessary max loss for 2021-22.

Richarlison sale fell into 2021-22 although I'm uncertain on this, hiring and firing Benitez then sacking Lampard won't have come cheap either. Rumoured pre tax losses for last season £70m.

This is where Man City are so dodgy,any manager for example(libellous)will agree  to walk away with a small pay out which won’t go on the clubs books but he will later get a brown envelope while sunbathing in let’s say a Arab country 

• Like 1

Obviously the covid losses excuse is flimsy to put it kindly but reading the below bit from the article does this present a problem for the Premier league? If the prem already advised Burnley that Everton complied then are they not liable and does this give Everton a defence? I guess the Premier league didn't want relegation questions to linger in pre season but now does it make it harder/more messy to prosecute Everton with points deductions?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65068357

"Last year, rivals Leeds and Burnley wrote to the Premier League asking for Everton's accounts to be independently investigated, although they later dropped their threat of legal action.

The two clubs had been advised Everton complied with profit and sustainability rules after meeting with the Premier League."

• Like 3

Good point @Baba Yaga

I seem to recall that Derby and Sheffield Wednesday used a similar excuse but I also recall that these, indeed all Procedural Defences were thrown out- it surely depends on what type of approval the League have given, as to whether it was binding all encompassing approach or whether it was the numbers yes but how they were reached?

The right of the League to assess at least three times was also upheld by the Panel in the 1st Derby case. By which I mean the season of the submission ie the Projections, the following season and the season after that.

Maybe that was to 2021 and the numbers to 2022 still had to be trawled through, the methodology etc as remember the £13m pre tax loss drops off to be replaced by a possible £70m one.

So many variables but this referral is unequivocally the correct decision. IMO anyway- I argued with some Everton fans on Twitter quite bitterly in December, January who were adamant that the PL could do nothing.

Charges and referral are not guilt or punishment but it had to be referred, just had to be.