IGNORED

A nice spring break in the Cotswolds

Lanterne Rouge

20 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

If you`re an Owls fan. They`re away at FGR on Sunday and at Cheltenham on Wednesday. It`s not often two away games fall like that for a club.

Been more than 20 years since a team had a chance to get two Bristol away league fixtures in in quick succession 

• Haha 3
  • Robin 1

I was surprised they let in 4 in their last game at Barnsley.    Strange as it seems I and some other Town fans actually wanted a Sheffield Wednesday win as I don't believe they're going to be displaced from the automatic promotion places in League One and Barnsley are right behind us with game/s in hand, it kind of made sense to wish for an Owls win.     I believe Plymouth are the weak link of the top two, (and) if we're going to be promoted they're the ones to displace and grab the other automatic slot.   

Derby play Peterborough tomorrow, obviously hoping for a Posh victory.    Rams are erratic and far from the best in the league but they're a promotion rival all the same.    I do hope results go for us this weekend.     

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Southend Blue said:

I was surprised they let in 4 in their last game at Barnsley.    Strange as it seems I and some other Town fans actually wanted a Sheffield Wednesday win as I don't believe they're going to be displaced from the automatic promotion places in League One and Barnsley are right behind us with game/s in hand, it kind of made sense to wish for an Owls win.     I believe Plymouth are the weak link of the top two, (and) if we're going to be promoted they're the ones to displace and grab the other automatic slot.   

Derby play Peterborough tomorrow, obviously hoping for a Posh victory.    Rams are erratic and far from the best in the league but they're a promotion rival all the same.    I do hope results go for us this weekend.     

Plymouth’s crazy home form have kept them where they are, they do seem to get the run of the ball as well, wouldn’t be surprised to see them miss out completely 

49 minutes ago, harrys said:

Plymouth’s crazy home form have kept them where they are, they do seem to get the run of the ball as well, wouldn’t be surprised to see them miss out completely 

They`ve got previous for self-destructing although it normally starts just after Christmas. With only 8(?) games left now I fancy them to see it through. A lot depends on those two Owls games though - if they win them both (which they should) they`ll be four points clear of Argyle on the same games. Barnsley play at Exeter on Tuesday too and if they win that, they`ll be on the same points/games as Ipswich but with a lot worse GD.

The FGR v Owls game is on Sky tomorrow - 1:00 kick off. I was half hoping Exeter v Barnsley would have been as well but it looks like it isn`t.

Shaping up for a great finish to League 1 - I can`t recall such a tight season with so many huge clubs involved. I wouldn`t fancy it if we were there!

Just now, harrys said:

Plymouth run in doesn’t look too bad, 4 of the next 5 away though (including Barnsley) then finishing with three at home (including by far the biggest and bestest team in the division)

Ooops didn’t see that they actually finish the season in May at Port Vale

7 minutes ago, harrys said:

Plymouth run in doesn’t look too bad, 4 of the next 5 away though (including Barnsley) then finishing with three at home (including by far the biggest and bestest team in the division)

It would be nice if they could clinch promotion in front of the doubtless travelling thousands of loyal and true who will have invaded Plymouth for the day.

IIRC there isn`t any love lost between the jailbird and Steven Schumacher either stemming back to their days on Merseyside so he would love it!

1 hour ago, harrys said:

⬇️⬇️⬇️

52 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

They`ve got previous for self-destructing although it normally starts just after Christmas. With only 8(?) games left now I fancy them to see it through. A lot depends on those two Owls games though - if they win them both (which they should) they`ll be four points clear of Argyle on the same games. Barnsley play at Exeter on Tuesday too and if they win that, they`ll be on the same points/games as Ipswich but with a lot worse GD.

The FGR v Owls game is on Sky tomorrow - 1:00 kick off. I was half hoping Exeter v Barnsley would have been as well but it looks like it isn`t.

Shaping up for a great finish to League 1 - I can`t recall such a tight season with so many huge clubs involved. I wouldn`t fancy it if we were there!

Huge blow to lose Michael Cooper for the season.

9 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

The new lad seems to have stepped up though and grabbed his chance. I though losing Morgan Whittaker would have hit them hard too but they seem to have coped pretty well without him.

He seems to have been very mixed, brilliant in some games, bit dodgy in others.

14 hours ago, italian dave said:

And there was me, coming onto this thread expecting to read all about how@Lanterne Rouge was going to be spending the international break weekend! 

if i lived where LR lived, i wouldnt ever be thinking about visiting the cotswolds, not with smokey joes just off the A30. id probably weigh a bit more than 9 stone though?