IGNORED

A weekend without City

OliOTIB

12 hours ago, OliOTIB said:

Dont think ive ever missed going to the football quite so much. What to do?

If I can't watch the live stream or watch us play on Be In sports, I usually get up about 2.00am on a Sunday morning to see the Saturday afternoon result. I knew last weekend there was no pressure to wake up this time. I had a bloody great sleep with no worry or anxiety this weekend.

3 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

I used to hate International breaks but have now come to embrace them as perfect holiday time. Just had 6 days away in sunny Madeira. Batteries refreshed ready for Reading on Saturday. 

I could quite happily live in Funchal ..

Cooler than the Canary Islands in the winter months & a lot of beautiful levada walks ...

Edited by Son of Fred

5 hours ago, TomF said:

Went into the depths of Mid/North Wales.  Far away from any sort of phone signal (for the most part), stayed in some bothys and enjoyed some scenery.  Good cleansing for the body & mind. 

image.jpeg

IMG_5725.JPG

image.jpeg

Wow love that , it’s so weird I love the crowds of football , the packed pubs with all the atmosphere etc etc,

take me away from football , I work alone , always pick holidays abroad out in the sticks , love walking alone . Spend hours in our quiet garden just chilling ( even in the winter ) noise & other people are the enemy for me away from football , 

that looks bliss ,  yes I am married with kids ( they have flown the nest ) 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Son of Fred said:

I could quite happily live in Funchal ..

Cooler than the Canary Islands in the winter months & a lot of beautiful levada walks ...

My wife and I did the same a few years ago.

As you said, beautiful levada walks and quite wonderful food and wine.

I forget what they are called now, but the gardens at the top of Funchal were magnificent - I couldn’t pluck up the courage to come back down on the wooden sledge, though ?.

• Haha 1